Amazon Flex

WestSydGuy

I've noticed a few more people delivering for Flex, from a customer point of view.

They allocate 4 hour shifts, and the drivers snag them ASAP. Would pay around $30-40 an hour, but depends how far from the warehouse you need to travel, in Moorebank NSW I believe.

macbri

Do you know do Amazon allocate zones for deliveries (ie Maroubra Kingsford etc)or is it completely variable.

WestSydGuy

I just download the app
created an account
Verified my email address
Then this happens View attachment 464905
Unlike Uber, it's not an unlimited supply/demand type of gig. It's nice to see a company deciding not to waste everyones time by diluting the market :thumbup:
Post automatically merged:

Do you know do Amazon allocate zones for deliveries (ie Maroubra Kingsford etc)or is it completely variable.
Yes, it's zoned I, so you're not driving all over the city.

macbri

Thanks for that and it would appeal to me because could still use car for Amazon and use bicycle for eats/Menu log.

Only thing is I am going to give X a go in July so if that doesn't go to plan, can register with Amazon and still get tax benefits on car providing waiting list has gone.

Shizzy

I tried to signup earlier in the year, but they kept bouncing back the licence ID check as photo not clear etc, so by the time I uploaded for a 3rd time got the quota full message. However a week ago checked the app again I could proceed to the background check stage which is in progress. Even if I get on boarded I doubt I will do any shifts as I live far from depot but its good to sign up to things never know what changes or opportunities can happen e.g Uber commission change and people renting out their Deliveroo account.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a thread in the Melbourne forum which may be of some assistance. I’ll see if I can find it for you.

Here it is: Amazon Flex Report.👍

thanks, i started an application to drive months ago but left it half done, recently received a message from amazon to complete signup.

Not sure if it's worth driving to Moorebank as I'm based in the north.

Shizzy

I tried a shift yesterday pros and cons below. Only major issue I had was at the beginning at the depot had 30 parcels all scanning nicely before I put into car, until the last 3 refused to scan. Attendant went to speak to supervisor who said they will ensure they will add all parcels to my app. I checked one of them came up, by that time I had to leave as I would be holding up the line and all other ants in my timeslot left by then (7 bays). However after a couple of deliveries as I was in the suburb of 2 missing from app parcels it did not appear I called support who was able to add one but not the other ( It was scheduled to deliver next day). I was told I cannot deliver even though I was 50m away from the house, I had to return this to depot. Next time if all parcels don't scan I will stand my ground not leave until I speak to supervisor see it in my app there and then or refuse to take.

Pros
Can finish shift early if you work fast I was half hour early.
Base rate can go up if no acceptance but shift would also start soon.
Site is well directed and ok staffed.
Mostly easy handoff for parcels in terms of can leave at door and picture.

Cons

Low pay at base rate, $108 a 4 hour block.
Inbuilt navigation app not good no button to launch external navigation app.
Can get unlucky if you have to return parcel for whatever reason and are far away.
Usual delivery cons of dropping off packages e.g. big business park long way , sign in, temperature checks.

The Reaper

Attendant went to speak to supervisor who said they will ensure they will add all parcels to my app. I checked one of them came up, by that time I had to leave as I would be holding up the line and all other ants in my timeslot left by then (7 bays).
Curious...how many other drivers?what were they in? any Uber stickers?

Reactions: Flu

Shizzy

Curious...how many other drivers?what were they in? any Uber stickers?
There were 7 bays they created for loading but as I was the first at the front I didn't really see the other cars as they were behind me, also I was last to leave as I had the scanning issue so didn't get a good look at other cars or people.

In the holding area I saw some cars parked presumably they came early mix of sedans and hatchback, one of them had 2 persons, didn't see any stickers as they were parked back to a wall.

macbri

I tried a shift yesterday pros and cons below. Only major issue I had was at the beginning at the depot had 30 parcels all scanning nicely before I put into car, until the last 3 refused to scan. Attendant went to speak to supervisor who said they will ensure they will add all parcels to my app. I checked one of them came up, by that time I had to leave as I would be holding up the line and all other ants in my timeslot left by then (7 bays). However after a couple of deliveries as I was in the suburb of 2 missing from app parcels it did not appear I called support who was able to add one but not the other ( It was scheduled to deliver next day). I was told I cannot deliver even though I was 50m away from the house, I had to return this to depot. Next time if all parcels don't scan I will stand my ground not leave until I speak to supervisor see it in my app there and then or refuse to take.

Pros
Can finish shift early if you work fast I was half hour early.
Base rate can go up if no acceptance but shift would also start soon.
Site is well directed and ok staffed.
Mostly easy handoff for parcels in terms of can leave at door and picture.

Cons

Low pay at base rate, $108 a 4 hour block.
Inbuilt navigation app not good no button to launch external navigation app.
Can get unlucky if you have to return parcel for whatever reason and are far away.
Usual delivery cons of dropping off packages e.g. big business park long way , sign in, temperature checks.
You had 30 parcels to deliver to 30 different addresses.

Is that right or am I obviously misreading above?

How many different addresses did u have to deliver to in your 4 hour time slot?

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Shizzy

Anyone tried this Mob?

Heard ad on 2GB

Earn up to $50/hour 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reviews don't look too good on the Google Play store giving all your information to them for no signup or work
Post automatically merged:

You had 30 parcels to deliver to 30 different addresses.

Is that right or am I obviously misreading above?

How many different addresses did u have to deliver to in your 4 hour time slot?

Sounds like a nightmare to me.
I forgot to mention another plus is they did smartly assign packages so a bunch can be grouped very close by and you service similar area in terms of suburbs. About 26 stops as couple places had 2 or 3 parcels in one.

Last edited:

macbri

So 26 stops ie parking for $108 not including petrol and pretty likely u will have to return to depot with at least 1 package.

What about tolls to pick up in Amazon warehouse on M5.

I earned over $100 in just over 4 hours doing eats today-a lot stressful than finding parking/customer for 26 drops and no tolls.

Not for me but best of luck with Amazon Flex.

Shizzy

Oh yes I would not do it for base rate only when it goes much up but as with most other auction based delivery models it is becoming rare to find decent prices with more ants flooding the market especially now with Covid and Winter. Good thing with Uber they do not reverse auction the price, there will be ants willing to do $5 jobs.

Reactions: Flu