Uber Drivers Forum banner

Amazon Flex: Prime Now Deliveries

Flex 
129K views 396 replies 88 participants last post by  ChutesInTheFace 
#1 ·
This thread is for information pertaining to how to make a Prime Now Delivery.

Reactions: jade88
#7 ·
Honestly, it's not easy and depends on how saturated your city is with drivers. You will most likely get one or two assigned blocks every week, but to get additional blocks takes practice and patience. I am able to get a consistent number of hours every week but they aren't the same days or times of day and I only work probably 8-10 hours a week, as it's my part time, second job.

If you are somewhat flexible on days of the week and times of the day, then you should be able to get a fair number of blocks per week.

#25 ·
Yeh, I got that email too. I'm wondering how this affects the current Doral guys? They are prime now and this if for prime now only it appears.
This could be good or bad for everyone? Doesn't make sense they expand in a market that doesn't seem busy. Are they moving you current Doral prime now people?
Might lighten the driver pool in the Gardens?

Wish I was offered that opportunity. I would switch in a heartbeat.
I sent my offer to another driver who wanted to switch, if he doesn't use it I can send the invite email to you. My guess is the survey is only good once?

#23 ·
Prime Now questions - I'm new in Portland for PrimeNow. I've only had one shift . I rad a comment where someone said treat this like a day labor job, meaning show up and wait for shifts.
If you do that, are you hanging out in parking lot refreshing app looking for block OR are you going inside to tell them you're available first?
I also haven't been able to figure out what time shifts show up for Portland. 10 pm? 12 am ?

#27 ·
I'll find out soon if he'll be using it or not. If not, i'll send it to you. I can't use it, i'm in Boca. I'm waiting/hoping for a Broward or Palm beach location.
PM me your email in case.
As well keep an eye on your email as you may still get an invite. I don't see how they would choose specific drivers for such a thing? But then again.....maybe I AM special! :)

#28 ·
The email were send to some driver, don't know if those were random , am always able to get blocks at Miami Garden (last week was not that easy) the only problem for me is Miami Gardens is 8.7 miles from my house and Doral is about 19 miles aways.. I started in Miami garden back in April they were about 30 drivers Max, now over 200 drivers , may try Doral not sure yet.

#36 ·
They just started scheduling close to 100% driver capacity in my market since the new update came. Nothing was released today for about half of the blocks. Lots of newbies scheduled. I think they are sending all the reserve blocks to new drivers and none to the experienced ones. My hatred grows by the minute.

#42 · (Edited)
Prime Now questions - I'm new in Portland for PrimeNow. I've only had one shift . I rad a comment where someone said treat this like a day labor job, meaning show up and wait for shifts.
If you do that, are you hanging out in parking lot refreshing app looking for block OR are you going inside to tell them you're available first?
I also haven't been able to figure out what time shifts show up for Portland. 10 pm? 12 am ?
I am in Portland Prime Now also (UOR1). I signed up 4 months ago. I didn't get scheduled at all for nearly 2 months, then I started getting a single 4 hour block scheduled per week (2 days availability). That continues to be the pattern even with the new app update. Since I did my due diligence and figured out how to extract blocks from the app, Ive been working 4-8 hours on my free days, and typically an 8-10 block on days when I work my regular job. I would say if you do Uber/lyft also (as most of us do) you should be able to get Amazon hours pretty regularly if you use your rideshare downtime to scan for open blocks. If you don't have the free time or patience to play the app refresh game, you probably won't see many hours. But when you do work the money is really good and imo it's a FUN gig! I'm Pete by the way, nice to make your acquaintance.

I don't think the people at the warehouse (that we interact with) have any say with regards to when blocks are released, but that's just a guess.

#43 ·
I am in Portland Prime Now also (UOR1). I signed up 4 months ago. I didn't get scheduled at all for nearly 2 months, then I started getting a single 4 hour block scheduled per week (2 days availability). That continues to be the pattern even with the new app update. Since I did my due diligence and figured out how to extract blocks from the app, Ive been working 4-8 hours on my free days, and typically an 8-10 block on days when I work my regular job. I would say if you do Uber/lyft also (as most of us do) you should be able to get Amazon hours pretty regularly if you use your rideshare downtime to scan for open blocks. If you don't have the free time or patience to play the app refresh game, you probably won't see many hours. But when you do work the money is really good and imo it's a FUN gig! I'm Pete by the way, nice to make your acquaintance
Do you work for Amazon? Your satisfaction level is almost at 100%. Its rarely seen here.

#49 ·
I dont doubt it, the key is to give us drivers some consistency to know how to get blocks. If we fight this hard for them, we will show up.

Also learned today you get notifications when the warehouse drops additional blocks. Not everytime someone cancels one. Hence why sometimes you need to refresh and other times you just need to catch the "new blocks are available but may go soon."

#50 ·
I'm in Indianapolis and I was starting to see hours coming in really steadily. I had plans of working 30 hours a week and paying for Christmas. Then they hired a slew of new people and released the new app version. Now I'm not seeing a shift go by. I'm refreshing for hours at a time but not seeing a thing. I have to get my kids to school at 7:45 so that 8am shift is out but I'm free after that. I'd love to daisy chain shifts together but I can't figure out how to get back in the door. This isn't right. Those who have been there longer should get more priority on upcoming shifts. Why are we stuck taking a back seat to all the new people?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.