1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Amazon Flex: Prime Now Deliveries

Discussion in 'Flex' started by SibeRescueBrian, Nov 7, 2016.

1. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    This thread is for information pertaining to how to make a Prime Now Delivery.

jade88 likes this.
  2. FlexDriver

FlexDriver

Thanks a million! SibeRescueBrian
    I would also like to thank all the folks who sent "Report" message request to the mod/s for creation of these threads. I lied I am back!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    yucklyftline and SibeRescueBrian like this.
  3. rubivroom

rubivroom

Maybe you can make these 2 threads sticky?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    SibeRescueBrian and FlexDriver like this.
  4. jade88

jade88

Prime Now people seem to post less on this website. Working too much? :)

FlexDriver likes this.
  5. Poolepit

Poolepit

I will be more than willing to contribute however I can.

6. Whywork

Whywork

Just became a prime now user how easy is it to get a block

Prius13 likes this.
  7. JTrainPDX

JTrainPDX

Honestly, it's not easy and depends on how saturated your city is with drivers. You will most likely get one or two assigned blocks every week, but to get additional blocks takes practice and patience. I am able to get a consistent number of hours every week but they aren't the same days or times of day and I only work probably 8-10 hours a week, as it's my part time, second job.

If you are somewhat flexible on days of the week and times of the day, then you should be able to get a fair number of blocks per week.

8. Poolepit

Poolepit

Anyone here getting blocks at all at the 10pm drop anymore? Or might I say blocks for the next day before midnight your time?

9. UberPasco

UberPasco

Driving:
    UberX
    It is random here. Sometimes 4 or 6 or 7, somedays 2 or none. Doesn't affect those who want to work. Rare that you get more than 1 block at 10PM anyway, so not sure what exactly is the big deal is. Treat is like you are a day laborer at Home Depot. Head down and work.

Shangsta likes this.
  10. UberPasco

UberPasco

Driving:
    UberX
    Some good news for us? Is this the launch version of the beta that they were testing in some areas?
    [​IMG]

sofla11 likes this.
  11. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    yes it is.

12. UberPasco

UberPasco

Driving:
    UberX
    Looks like if you get a block, you can keep working without having to continually refresh. Sort of like the old "Deliver More Today" button worked.

13. FlexDriver

FlexDriver

That would be awesome!

14. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    did you try it? i saw that but didnt go back.

15. UberPasco

UberPasco

Driving:
    UberX
    Same, was afraid to hit accept because I wasn't sure if there was another step.

16. jade88

jade88

So you think this will always be the case? Once you get a block you can keep on delivering till you want to finish?

17. UberPasco

UberPasco

Driving:
    UberX
    {PrimeNow}
    You still have to pick up the blocks, but they used to make it easy by notifying you before the end of your shift to continue. Yes I think this is a return to the old. It will make less blocks available to the wildings.

Just so everyone understands: If we had 6 drivers at 10 AM, and they needed 6 more @ noon, we would have first dibs for a short period of time. This prevented the initial group being replaced by another group, allowing us to string together 4,6,or even 8 hours. Of course, route counts adjusted accordingly and blocks were added or subtracted as needed, It was still musical chairs but not a free-for-all.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    sofla11 and jade88 like this.
  18. jade88

jade88

This works for me because I've only been able to snag 4 hour blocks before. Well I only just started working but I definitely wanted the 6 or 8 hour block. I hope this goes for my warehouse as well. I just hope I can get a block to begin with! Do you guys still get a 10pm drop?

Andp likes this.
  19. kmatt

kmatt

Wow! I wasn't driving when that was happening. Early bird gets the worm i guess.

20. sofla11

sofla11

I'm wondering what you saw in the app that indicates that? Maybe I missed it... I think that's great if it works.... yesterday I grabbed 2 to 4, was scheduled 4 to 8, but couldn't grab the 8 to 10 block. So I'm not sure if that's the case. I guess that could also be because they needed fewer drivers for 8 to 10 than they did for 6 to 8.

Prius13 likes this.