Amazon Flex - 3rd Houston Warehouse?

cw09

Howdy folks,

Is anyone aware of a 3rd Houston area Amazon warehouse/fulfillment center going in?

Per my perusing of other threads (including the long, 57 page one), there is currently:

1) Houston (Way Out West Blvd) - Prime Now only
2) Humble - Online packages only

I just got my Flex background check approved yesterday and when went to select an area on the drop down list the only option was "Willowbrook DH01". I suspect I have the "online packages only" app/access (app version is 3.0.2801.0, for what it's worth).

Is anyone aware of a warehouse out in the Willowbrook area? It's a bit of a bummer because I live 10 min from Way Out West and 35 min (plus tolls) from Willowbrook. I emailed Amazon Flex support to ask if it is possible to change specific work locations but haven't heard back (and my never).

So far, I did not get on next week's schedule and haven't picked up any blocks. I also haven't heard anything about Willowbrook having an Amazon warehouse (nor did the Google machine turn up anything) which makes me think they may be filling up the driver queue in preparation of opening a new warehouse (hopefully Prime Now, but probably not). Amazon Flex in Houston is still advertising like crazy on Craigslist (5 posts a day), so something's gotta be going on.

Any Houston Flex drivers hear anything? Maybe ask around at Humble/Way Out West warehouses?

nighthawk398

If it's anything like Dallas scheduling is now very very rare they prefer people pick their time 10 p.m. the day before rather scheduling in advance that way they're having more people show up then they were

cw09

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's anything like Dallas scheduling is now very very rare they prefer people pick their time 10 p.m. the day before rather scheduling in advance that way they're having more people show up then they were
Yeah, I checked at 10 PM last night and again midnight--nothing. Nothing throughout the day either. The different warehouse name makes me think it might not even be up and running yet (so, there will be no blocks whatsoever). Rather, they are just getting people queued up....but I hope not!

cw09

Another thing I noticed, when setting up availability I selected a start time and it automatically selected an end time for me, 2 hours later. Is this the default for both Prime Now and Online people? Or would the "Prime Now" app/access select 2 hour blocks automatically and the "Online" one do 4?

cw09

Looks like this; the only one on the list--is it possible for Amazon Flex to force you into one or two certain choices? Or if they just block availability for any other service areas?

Attachments

cw09

No no yet is it even open? I cant even find where it is
I don't think it's open yet, I can't find any info on it either. That's why I posted this thread: to see if anyone has heard about it.

Danitica05

I don't think it's open yet, I can't find any info on it either. That's why I posted this thread: to see if anyone has heard about it.
Someone in the amazon lfex group in facebook said that it was going to open yesterday but I still got nothing

cw09

Still no blocks coming up for Willowbrook, I think they are still in the starting stages.

Regarding location, I did a permit search for "Amazon" with City of Houston and came up with permits being sold for this address (which is in the Willowbrook area): 11720 N GESSNER RD (possibly Suite B or Suite 5)

There were a ton of permits, all for "new warehouse" types of things. Not saying that this is definitely the location, but the clues fit the bill. If I get some time later I'll drive by and see what's there (there's just a picture of an empty field on Google Street View).

Attachment has the permit search results.

Attachments

cw09

Today I went by the location that (I think) the Willowbrook warehouse is (or will be....see below). The overall picture still fit: the warehouse is in the "willowbrook" area and the City of Houston permits (with Amazon's name on them) were posted in the window, but it doesn't look anywhere close to being open. There appears to be no Amazon activity there at this time, no sign, no nothing. Building is still being finished; when I was there they were finishing concrete in the parking area right in front of the office area. Granted, construction finishing work can sometimes be very quick at the end, but I would say its at least 2-3 weeks out.

See the photos attached to this post.

I emailed Flex Support to ask if I can be switched to Way Out West (UTX3) until Willowbrook opens. They'll probably say no, but hey, you never know.

Photo Jun 08, 5 18 26 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 08, 5 18 59 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 08, 5 24 05 PM (2).jpg

Photo Jun 08, 5 18 15 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 08, 5 18 36 PM.jpg

Last edited:

cw09

Def it is but is faar of beong finished and suplort doesnt answer any question about it
Yeah, it's a little crazy. I do recall reading posts in this forum from back in November/December. Several people were saying they got on-boarded but didn't get hours for almost 4 weeks. It sounded as though Amazon was filling up the driver queue before getting into full operation.

Queenz22

I got assigned to the willowbrook location as well, being the only option in the drop down selection. I hope I can start working soon, this place needs to hurry and open up!

UTX1

I emailed Flex Support to ask if I can be switched to Way Out West (UTX3) until Willowbrook opens.
They'll probably say no, but hey, you never know.
Good detective work. I like to see people go out there and get answers.
My suggestion about transfer/reassignment is to ask 3 or 4 times, even
after you get an email that says something to the effect of "no",

It might go something like, "can I transfer ?" "no"
"can I transfer ?" "no" "can I transfer ?" "no"
"can I transfer ?" "well, okay. Do you want to transfer ?"

I've worked at several amazon sites, before and since flex launched.
Each time there was some kind of song and dance do go through beforehand.
No meant not possible, which meant not right now, which meant not today,
which really meant okay you can transfer. Good Luck at UTX3 !

Last edited:

cw09

Good Luck at UTX3 !
Thanks! Yeah, hopefully it will work out. I live near UTX3 so it would be nice to be assigned there. I'm sure there are Flex drivers living in north Houston that would rather be at Willowbrook, so maybe it will even out a bit when Willowbrook opens.