Amazon driver abandons full van and tweets resignation

ANT 7

Presented without comment.

--------------------------------------

A (now former) Amazon driver, Derick Lancaster, took to social media yesterday to inform the world not only that he was quittincg his job as an Amazon driver, but also of the location of his fully stocked delivery van, which he claims to have left at a Metro Detroit gas station.

"@@@@ that driving shit," Lancaster tweeted, alongside the location of his apparently abandoned delivery van. "It's full of gas with the keys in the ignition," he said.

2020-07-01_12-33-00.jpg

The Tweet has gone viral and has almost a quarter of a million "likes". The 22 year old driver told The Detroit News on Monday: “I was making 200-300 stops a day, and I just couldn’t do it anymore. I was working from 9 in the morning to about 10 at night, and I couldn’t do it anymore.”

Lancaster says he was working for Amazon for 5 months "and was based out of Amazon’s Hazel Park delivery station." After starting with a position in the warehouse, he switched to delivery, the report says.

He said that while warehouse workers have a set schedule, drivers can't go home at the end of the day until all of their packages are delivered. “You work for every penny when you're delivering,” he said.

Last edited:

AdAstra

Post automatically merged:

Presented without comment.

--------------------------------------

A (now former) Amazon driver, Derick Lancaster, took to social media yesterday to inform the world not only that he was quittincg his job as an Amazon driver, but also of the location of his fully stocked delivery van, which he claims to have left at a Metro Detroit gas station.

"@@@@ that driving shit," Lancaster tweeted, alongside the location of his apparently abandoned delivery van. "It's full of gas with the keys in the ignition," he said.

View attachment 480865

The Tweet has gone viral and has almost a quarter of a million "likes". The 22 year old driver told The Detroit News on Monday: “I was making 200-300 stops a day, and I just couldn’t do it anymore. I was working from 9 in the morning to about 10 at night, and I couldn’t do it anymore.”

Lancaster says he was working for Amazon for 5 months "and was based out of Amazon’s Hazel Park delivery station." After starting with a position in the warehouse, he switched to delivery, the report says.

He said that while warehouse workers have a set schedule, drivers can't go home at the end of the day until all of their packages are delivered. “You work for every penny when you're delivering,” he said.
Someone was having a bad day......
To Derick Lancaster’s credit, he resigned, didn’t abandon the position
and responsibly included the location of truck and merchandise.

After much deserved R&R Derick Shall return

Last edited:

Legalizeit0

I’ve always been amazed by people who quit with a statement. Remember the flight attendant that opened the slide and jumped out? He got 4 years.

This guy is probably mentally unstable. Or just stupid.

mbd

I loved his quite true statement that he could make the same money cutting lawns! 😆
Is he working for AMZN or the companies AMZN used to deliver the last mile?
15/hr is usually the pay contracted companies pay their drivers. 👍