• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Amazon baby - no car seat

mark_mark

If I hear another, “but the other drivers said it not a problem”

It’s Amazon bring your baby to work day. So all the Amazonian are showing off how cute and smart little Donald is. No car Seat No Ride... No Booster seat No Ride.. Why?!??

If you Wreak without a car seat the baby WILL DIE!

STOP and think you stupid ants!

SKuber

I carry a cheap Walmart booster seat for incompatent parents. More than once I've had this conversation:

Me: Good morning, I see you have little Johnny with you, I have a booster seat for him.

Pax: No, he won't need it we really aren't going that far.

Me: Okay, bye, canx, report it to Uber( (doubt that helps)

I don't offer more than once, if they are that stupid and feel coerced it is no doubt a poor rating and bs claim will follow.

Really... I'm offering your little bundle of joy a safety device and you are too lazy to use it?

Last edited:

Brunch

It happens too often. I tell them that without a car seat/booster, they can't ride with Uber/Lyft. Tell them to cancel and Uber/Lyft will refund them the cancellation fee. I told this to a woman once and she made it sound like she got the refund once before from Lyft and they wouldn't give it to her again. I always report them to Uber/Lyft as well.

aspacepig

If I hear another, “but the other drivers said it not a problem”

It’s Amazon bring your baby to work day. So all the Amazonian are showing off how cute and smart little Donald is. No car Seat No Ride... No Booster seat No Ride.. Why?!??

If you Wreak without a car seat the baby WILL DIE!

STOP and think you stupid ants!
Yep, in early May a semi lost its load on I-5 SB just outside the city. As I went past the wreckage I saw that a Prius had flipped over in its wake. Alongside the car, the occupants, a Mom and baby, were standing dazed and confused, but alive and miraculously unharmed. There is no doubt that the baby's carseat saved the day, that and the airbags.

Brunch

After participating in other threads, I just learned that the No Car Seat cancellation option on Uber WILL give us the cancellation fee, but you still have to wait 5 minutes. I've used that option before, but didn't wait the 5 minutes and then had to call them for the fee and it takes A LOT more time doing it that way. I usually can get the parent to cancel, but the last guy was a total @@@@@@ and I didn't want to talk to him any more.

Thanks to all the drivers who refuse service to parents without car or booster seats for their children.

Peter Vann

After participating in other threads, I just learned that the No Car Seat cancellation option on Uber WILL give us the cancellation fee, but you still have to wait 5 minutes. I've used that option before, but didn't wait the 5 minutes and then had to call them for the fee and it takes A LOT more time doing it that way. I usually can get the parent to cancel, but the last guy was a total @@@@@@ and I didn't want to talk to him any more.

Thanks to all the drivers who refuse service to parents without car or booster seats for their children.
That’s happened to me twice - once early on and again last year. The 2nd time the pax complained, saying “its only a short distance.”

It’s not worth the risk to the child’s safety, nor is it anything any driver should remotely consider.

I cancelled of course. And hung around nearby. Of course they just requested another Uber, which came quickly. I pulled up next to him and told him the baby didn’t have a car seat and it’s dangerous, against the law, etc. he just shrugged like “who cares” and they went on their merry way.

He got his $4.

Warrior79

I don't cancel a ride for any reason. When I pull up to the curb if there's a kid and no carseat I tell them no and will drive away. They will ask me to cancel the ride and I tell them it's not my responsibility it's theirs. And drive away. They usually cancel once I'm on I5 for a bit. And yes I do get the cancellation fee.

K-pax

I don't cancel a ride for any reason. When I pull up to the curb if there's a kid and no carseat I tell them no and will drive away. They will ask me to cancel the ride and I tell them it's not my responsibility it's theirs. And drive away. They usually cancel once I'm on I5 for a bit. And yes I do get the cancellation fee.
Just wait 5 min then cancel with the no car seat option. No need for all the extra stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Pittsburgh 0
beebob Flex 5
Fuges Seattle 27