Am I the only one?

That finds it hypocritical that all these Uber and Lyft drivers were more then happy destroying over 100 years of regulation built by taxi and livery all over the world when the money was good, to only now demand that they reinstate everything they helped destroy over the last 5 or so years? Especially with full automation replacing all metro rideshare and taxi services in the next decades?

atmmanagement

That finds it hypocritical that all these Uber and Lyft drivers were more then happy destroying over 100 years of regulation built by taxi and livery all over the world when the money was good, to only now demand that they reinstate everything they helped destroy over the last 5 or so years? Especially with full automation replacing all metro rideshare and taxi services in the next decades?
We just want to make a livable wage and at 60c a mile we’re eating fast food to get by a side from taxes and depreciation and maintenance gas prices are crazy high so where’s the profit? National average is what 58c a mile & were paid 60c a mile how can anyone justify drivers wages? Seriously lmao get rid of low rated drivers put a cap increase pay drivers just want to be able to have a saving with out 80 hour work weeks I get some people make a couple 100 a day then there’s areas that your best day is 100 maybe 150 with 8 hours in minus gas and food what have you made? Barely enough to pay your tax for the day ? it’s crazy how our government allowed this for this long actually there’s too many drivers too many STUPID BRAINLESS drivers most with low ratings get rid of them period

OCJarvis

The reason I don't feel sorry about the taxi industry because they brought it on themselves. Bad customer service, bad reliability poor reputation. They saw Uber come in, and instead of seeing them as a challenge or a threat, they ignored them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We just want to make a livable wage and at 60c a mile we’re eating fast food to get by a side from taxes and depreciation and maintenance gas prices are crazy high so where’s the profit? National average is what 58c a mile & were paid 60c a mile how can anyone justify drivers wages? Seriously lmao get rid of low rated drivers put a cap increase pay drivers just want to be able to have a saving with out 80 hour work weeks I get some people make a couple 100 a day then there’s areas that your best day is 100 maybe 150 with 8 hours in minus gas and food what have you made? Barely enough to pay your tax for the day ? it’s crazy how our government allowed this for this long actually there’s too many drivers too many STUPID BRAINLESS drivers most with low ratings get rid of them period
You just want a livable wage? That already existed in almost every country in the taxi industry BEFORE Uber! You and every single driver participated in destroying this. How many Uber drivers cared when the taxi drivers were losing their homes, going broke, and committing suicide? Now Uber drivers want everyone to care and to reinvent what taxi and livery had created over 100 years?
Post automatically merged:

The reason I don't feel sorry about the taxi industry because they brought it on themselves. Bad customer service, bad reliability poor reputation. They saw Uber come in, and instead of seeing them as a challenge or a threat, they ignored them.
I don't think the average Uber driver even considered this equation. All they knew was that they could take their personal car and make 5,000+ a month by just driving around their city like a cab. Guys making 5,000 to 6,000 a month in a low skilled no education no training no certification job. They didn't even need commerical insurance or special permits, at least at first. Ok, I get taxi garages and taxi associations failed to update themselves, but Uber drivers were even more shortsighted and never thought about their longevity as a career in rideshare. So why should anyone have any more sympathy for an Uber driver than a taxi driver?

OCJarvis

I don't think people care at all, nor do I think drivers should be focusing on the opinion of the General Public. The fight is with Uber and Lyft. And the drivers actually have all the power here , but they're afraid to use it

You just want a livable wage? That already existed in almost every country in the taxi industry BEFORE Uber! You and every single driver participated in destroying this. How many Uber drivers cared when the taxi drivers were losing their homes, going broke, and committing suicide? Now Uber drivers want everyone to care and to reinvent what taxi and livery had created over 100 years?
Post automatically merged:

I don't think the average Uber driver even considered this equation. All they knew was that they could take their personal car and make 5,000+ a month by just driving around their city like a cab. Guys making 5,000 to 6,000 a month in a low skilled no education no training no certification job. They didn't even need commerical insurance or special permits, at least at first. Ok, I get taxi garages and taxi associations failed to update themselves, but Uber drivers were even more shortsighted and never thought about their longevity as a career in rideshare. So why should anyone have any more sympathy for an Uber driver than a taxi driver?

Uberscum

Blaming innovation is not smart. Before light bulbs, people used candles to light up the streets can you think about that for a little while lol

20yearsdriving

No one should feel sorry for no one ... in the era of disruption
Starvation is the price of success

Innovation yada yada

LoveBC

Consider all the pings you decline. Is that any different from the cabbie that says no thanks, ride too short.

I’ll conceed taxis are ugly yellow crap boxes with too many stickers and gadgets, but compare the taxi driver to the Uber driver, at least the cab driver doesn’t @@@@@ himself for the rates of 50 years ago