• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Am I the only one who loves the "new" ubereats?

I dont know about you guys, but I love being able to see upfront how much I would be getting paid, where I'm picking up, and where I'm dropping off. This is a huge gamechanger for me because I deliver in NYC (upper Manhattan and BX) and there's certain places I'd like to avoid because of the traffic so now I can cherry pick all my trips without blindly accepting it like before. Before this change, it was always a mystery where I would end up and now I can decline that McDonalds order before I even accept it. I'm also all of a sudden getting more tips than ever which I still cant figure out. I guess ubereats are encouraging them to tip on the app.
I LOVE THE NEW UBEREATS!!!
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 379272View attachment 379272
I like new pay scale too because sometimes drive 10 miles for $8 but sometimes only 3 miles for $8 and sometimes 1 mile for 4 bucks but it pays better in average then used to be .

ConkeyCrack

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like new pay scale too because sometimes drive 10 miles for $8 but sometimes only 3 miles for $8 and sometimes 1 mile for 4 bucks but it pays better in average then used to be .
10 miles for $8 WTF? What market are you in? Ghost town, USA?

Brian G.

Well, that's the only reason I'm doing it so far. Without quest it wouldn't be worth it and I would go back to picking up PAX. I'm sure they will remove quests in due time but right now I gotta strike while the iron is hot. And $78 in 4 hours is not terrible. Just a shade under $20/hr.
Didn't say it was terrible I've had worst 4 hr shifts. I only made $85 yesterday in 5 hrs so you beat me there. I have a $10 boner for 30 trips/orders this week as my quest smh.

Like I said, the new UE is a gamechanger because now I can avoid the heavily congested areas where it would be a problem to double park.
The only thing that is cool is knowing all the order info upfront but I'm not accepting many orders. UE wants us to take those $3-4 orders that take 15+ mins lol and other awful long haul orders that make zero sense to do. I may be hurting myself by not accepting many orders but I'm not desperate and just need to make some pocket change.

ConkeyCrack

I'm in NYC and I don't have a $25 promo. I now have a silly $2 for 4 trips and $3 for 6 trips combo. 10 trips gets me a whopping $7.
Never had a $25 promo. I made that money in quest and from 5-9 it was $2 for a delivery because of the rain. I get the same exact quest as you do

Didn't say it was terrible I've had worst 4 hr shifts. I only made $85 yesterday in 5 hrs so you beat me there. I have a $10 boner for 30 trips/orders this week as my quest smh.

The only thing that is cool is knowing all the order info upfront but I'm not accepting many orders. UE wants us to take those $3-4 orders that take 15+ mins lol and other awful long haul orders that make zero sense to do. I may be hurting myself by not accepting many orders but I'm not desperate and just need to make some pocket change.
$10 for 30 trips? That's a joke! What market you in?

Alltel77

Not every market has quests or boosts , while great and all they can take them away anytime. We have no boost or quests in my market , haven't for months maybe even a year now. I like knowing the restaurant, delivery location and pay upfront that's the only plus but it's a small one, 1) Acceptance Timer: doesn't give you enough time to review and decision acceptance , one has to VERY QUICKLY twist around the distorted map to see where the delivery actually is, zoom in, there's no reason for this it's dangerous because you know everyone tries to do it on the road , also they have been throwing a lot of consecutive deliveries at me while still on a trip , which I appreciate BUT it doesn't show where the delivery is going and they are always for like $8 which=FAR, not to be all conspiracy theory but I swear they make this more difficult than it should be so dumb people accept dumb offers , or new people accept dumb offers, there's no reason they can't make the decision timer at least 30 seconds AND show the same map while on a delivery for another delivery offer.

ConkeyCrack

Not every market has quests or boosts , while great and all they can take them away anytime. We have no boost or quests in my market , haven't for months maybe even a year now. I like knowing the restaurant, delivery location and pay upfront that's the only plus but it's a small one, 1) Acceptance Timer: doesn't give you enough time to review and decision acceptance , one has to VERY QUICKLY twist around the distorted map to see where the delivery actually is, zoom in, there's no reason for this it's dangerous because you know everyone tries to do it on the road , also they have been throwing a lot of consecutive deliveries at me while still on a trip , which I appreciate BUT it doesn't show where the delivery is going and they are always for like $8 which=FAR, not to be all conspiracy theory but I swear they make this more difficult than it should be so dumb people accept dumb offers , or new people accept dumb offers, there's no reason they can't make the decision timer at least 30 seconds AND show the same map while on a delivery for another delivery offer.
You make some very good points especially about the time. You're right. I always look and zoom in while driving which is dangerous (good thing I'm a sensational driver lol) and it never tells you the location on the 2nd delivery. Personally I never accept "batch' orders. I always need to see where I'm going to accept an order. Last thing I need is to be stuck in midtown traffic for $6

Alltel77

You make some very good points especially about the time. You're right. I always look and zoom in while driving which is dangerous (good thing I'm a sensational driver lol) and it never tells you the location on the 2nd delivery. Personally I never accept "batch' orders. I always need to see where I'm going to accept an order. Last thing I need is to be stuck in midtown traffic for $6
You are a true human Tesla then lol. I'm not referring to batch orders tho, I am referring to the pings you receive while on a delivery for another pickup and delivery from a restaurant close to the active delivery drop off location.

kiltedcameraman

Today they started spinning the map on me again, which I hadn't seen in over a year. On the other hand, I am getting 30 pings. I usually don't "decline" but just wait them out, and now it is painful for it to stop going off.

ConkeyCrack

You are a true human Tesla then lol. I'm not referring to batch orders tho, I am referring to the pings you receive while on a delivery for another pickup and delivery from a restaurant close to the active delivery drop off location.
Yes I always make sure I finish the trip first before accepting new orders. I decline everything until the trip is finished unless i get a unicorn.

Fuzzyelvis

No, I'm not a new driver. I used to deliver back during the good ol days when they had hourly guarantees. Then I started picking up PAX in NYS. Then a buddy of mine came to me bragging about the new UE and how much money hes making I decided to give it another try and it's been great thus far

I always double park or park by a hydrant. I have a really nice laminated sign I made at staples that says "ubereats driver on delivery be back in 5 minutes" with my phone number just in case I'm blocking someone who's trying to get out. I've had no problems so far
If the Fire Marshall comes by its a minimum $500 fine.

jack badly

The first trip always show payout and destination, then they dont show it for the next order. Therefore I avoid doing batch orders.

ConkeyCrack

The first trip always show payout and destination, then they dont show it for the next order. Therefore I avoid doing batch orders.
Expect about half the amount from the 1st order on the 2nd order. So if the 1st was $6 then the 2nd will be about $3-4

tc49821

Well, that's the only reason I'm doing it so far. Without quest it wouldn't be worth it and I would go back to picking up PAX. I'm sure they will remove quests in due time but right now I gotta strike while the iron is hot. And $78 in 4 hours is not terrible. Just a shade under $20/hr.
Becarefu b.c my nephew works in NYC n does Uber eats. He got a $60 ticket,one of those takes away a good chunk of what u made . You can make decent $ especially w the boost.

Kurko

You need a math class...2 of my regular deliveries that are 7.5 miles away from restaurant now pay 5.00 and change they used to pay 9.00 plus ...

I had a 16 mile double that paid 9.0 it was 13 mins to restaurant..delivery took about 30 minutes...45 minutes for 9.00 minus gas
6.00??
See you cant always count on tips to pay your fares Uber ...I got 1.00 on one of these and other was a stiff ..getting deeper in the red every day ...Uber why don't you take 40% from your pay checks....it's a drastic cut

Last edited:
I'm in NYC and I don't have a $25 promo. I now have a silly $2 for 4 trips and $3 for 6 trips combo. 10 trips gets me a whopping $7.
I'm on the Island and I get the same quests. An extra $6 for 10 trips. Wow that's less than a dollar a trip! Oh sure if I could hang out 40+ I could get an extra $60. But out in the suburbs that's impossible unless I do this 10 hours a day.

Also, I'm only getting the pickup location and rate. Not the destination location. Maybe it's not fully rolled out where I am?