• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Am I the only one having this problem or just the one that noticed Uber shaving mileage from trips?

Michael-AusTX

Since the fare restructuring in May of 2017 during their "180 Days of Change" & net fares were all that were displayed - no gross amounts and no Uber fees on any statement (only in detailed fare breakdowns) - I've been checking trips individually from pick up to drop off. In 2017 I had over $400 in fare adjustment alone & 2018 is on its way there too. Some trips were just a few cents while others more than a few bucks off! In any amount it added up quickly. FULL DISCLOSURE: Uber is sometimes a little generous with mileage and payment on trips, but it in no way makes up for what was probably lost before I started checking. Uber on my friends...

Ziggy

Since the fare restructuring in May of 2017 during their "180 Days of Change" & net fares were all that were displayed - no gross amounts and no Uber fees on any statement (only in detailed fare breakdowns) - I've been checking trips individually from pick up to drop off. In 2017 I had over $400 in fare adjustment alone & 2018 is on its way there too. Some trips were just a few cents while others more than a few bucks off! In any amount it added up quickly. FULL DISCLOSURE: Uber is sometimes a little generous with mileage and payment on trips, but it in no way makes up for what was probably lost before I started checking. Uber on my friends...
I’ve had several dozen trips off by a few miles too. And some people I know were paid as if they had a “back to the future” car, they only got paid for 27 miles ABIA to SAT (instead of the 80+ miles it is). I’ve been watching all the RS companies like a hawk since I started driving for them 3+ years ago, any other business would have already been audited or forced out of business if they stole money this consistently from their “partners”. Partners is a laugh, at best, to Uber we’re looked at like a “burr under the saddle “ until they can roll out SDCs; actually drivers are not partners but rather pawns or indentured servants; but since that reality is not very PC we’re called partners. But truthfully if any other partner was skimming more than their fair share from the business, you’d either quit or they would more likely be in jail for embezzlement.

ATX987

Exactly what numbers are you comparing? Are they claiming you didn't drive as many miles as you did? What should I be looking at to check my rides?

Michael-AusTX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've got spreadsheets full of trips that show as little as .1 to as much as 3.7 in mileage difference in what was paid out and what should have been. Dunno if this will apply as much to PAX trips. Delivery mileage from pick up to drop off address. When you start a trip, screenshot nav's "suggested most efficient route" & follow it. Supposedly this is the only route they'll payout on unless there's just cause for a deviation AND YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN IT WHEN YOU DO - i.e. take pics/screenshots and be prepared to laboriously explain via app support OR just cut to the chase for in-person help at your local Greenlight Hub. They still have those out there, right? Don't forget to factor pick up/ drop off/boost into trips individually. I usually show spreadsheet from my phone to them and rather than make adjustments for each individual trip a single "support adjustment" is made for the sum total of that particular meeting/submission. It's alot of footwork for what can amount pennies on the dollar, but in my personal opinion it's totally worth it when those pennies added up to over $100 already this year...

Michael-AusTX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. & $o Far - $150ish later- it's been worth it. I keep it only so long as i need to submit the fare dispute before deletion. It's gone on so long i have my own copy-&- paste templates i use that incorporate every prerequisite i've already adhered to when support says i did or did not do something. I have noticed that the more I deal with app support the less time i'm inclined to spend online. If it's a straightforward A-to-B delivery with no twists or obvious turns I'll submit through the app. Otherwise I'll go to the Greenlight Hub. Uber on my friends...