1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Am I not allowed to have a personal Uber account?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by TimmyZ1, Apr 16, 2018.

1. TimmyZ1

TimmyZ1 Member

I drive for Uber but chose to take this weekend off and just chill with friends. I haven't used an uber since the holidays and just got signed up with Uber at the end of January. Went to open the app and it asked for a new phone # which I thought was weird. I put my standard one in there and it said this number was already taken? Am I not allowed to use Uber on my off time? It wasn't a big deal as I just installed Lyft but it was annoying and made me late.

2. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Both of mine still work lol

3. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

don't enter your number as if you're registering a new account. Make sure you're in sign in.

4. gambler1621

gambler1621 Member

when you have a driver account, you automatically have a rider a account using same login info

5. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    And eats

6. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

You have to be able to pay for your rides. They know you are a driver, they know how much you make. Poor people can't afford Uber, so no account for you.

7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I have three, all of which have the same telephone number: Taxi, X and user. Each one does have a different e-Mail address, though.

8. HotUberMess

HotUberMess Well-Known Member

It’s glitch, you’re not doing anything wrong. It’s a database error. Call support, they’ll fix it after fumbling around for an hour.

9. Pax Collector

Pax Collector Well-Known Member

Simply download the rider app and sign in using your driver credentials. My rider and eats apps work without a hitch that way.