Am I Crazy

Is it OK for Uber to make more than the driver on any given trip?

• Total voters

Chad Pitt

I'm kinda new to this but what happened yesterday doesn't seem right. If any of you more experienced folks could set me straight I'd sure appreciate it.

I did a Pool ride yesterday. On checking the ride details I found that:

Charge to Rider: $25.23
Driver Share: $9.79
Uber Share: $15.44

That's more or less a 60/40 split in Uber's favor. I wasn't aware that under any circumstances Uber could be netting more than me.

Were the riders overcharged?

Is that just the way it goes with Pool?

Am I just reading this wrong?

Thanks.

IMG_2869.jpg

CvilleUber

Advice: Stop thinking about what Uber makes and think about what YOU make. Was $10 worth your time?

Too many times we concentrate on what the rider is paying - that is immaterial - we are driving for Uber, who has been very clear about our rates.

And don't accept Pool, it's never worth it.

sellkatsell44

Advice: Stop thinking about what Uber makes and think about what YOU make. Was $10 worth your time?

Too many times we concentrate on what the rider is paying - that is immaterial - we are driving for Uber, who has been very clear about our rates.

You concentrate on what the pax pay because you think the pax is cheap for paying you only $9 when they were charged $25 because uber took $16.

SushiGirl

Excellent advice!!!