1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Always Have PAX Change Address in App: No Exceptions

Discussion in 'Advice' started by steveK2016, Sep 24, 2016.

1. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So many in another thread said "Don't worry about it, just take them to multiple locations without a change in app!" The pax wanted me to take his girlfriend to work after I dropped him off at the bottom location.

So this came in after hours of processing

[​IMG]

Unfortunately for them and for Uber, I do make them change the address in app. So after a single email to support with screenshots of the app screen of the original address then the change to the new address, and encouraging them to double check their system, I quickly received this email

[​IMG]

Then checked my statement and saw the rates reverted

[​IMG]

If you were the type to not make the address change by the pax in their app, with no proof of the request of address change by the pax, you would be the guy looking at that first view, never to see that money again....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. ShawnsUber

ShawnsUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow

Ameliafax likes this.
  3. drexl_s

drexl_s Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Well done!

4. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax never say or question you when you make your screenshot?

5. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Nope. Only took a few seconds and never noticed or understood what I was doing. Document it people, it'll save your ass! Don't take the chance!

6. SideHustle

SideHustle Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Good idea! I'll definitely start doing this.

Ameliafax likes this.
  7. toolian

toolian Active Member

Stevie Wonder could figure out surge at this point. Those pax are certified morons.

8. phirenze

phirenze Member

I don't understand - what did you screenshot that would not be there later? And why would a pax be unhappy with you screen-shotting something?

negeorgia likes this.
  9. GLight

GLight Member

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    I have done told y'all.......them entitled passengers be on sum BS!!!!!

iUBERdc and Wizar like this.
  10. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You have no history of the change. Uber does, but they could lie about it. I had a feeling this wouldbe a big fare and wasnt going to risk it. I didnt need to but id rather be safe than sorry.

11. jtc291980

jtc291980 Active Member

Good job by you. Uber will never do it, but they should deactivate the pax. Obviously they were trying to mislead to get a reduced fare. Straight BS.

Toddorado, Fostel, JoeyA and 2 others like this.
  12. negeorgia

negeorgia Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Good for you to pay attention to your business and share your experience. Everyone that sees this, now knows what can happen when riders claim ignorance of the process. Congrats on getting a decent Support response. My friend went back and forth about 4 times and finally got their money restored. Uber made up different reasons each time in their accusations. Wrong rider, ended trip too late, ect.

13. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

One thing I love -- how uber can spam the bejeebers out of your SMS inbox with "get to work" love notes, but when they cut your fare by 67% they just slip it in on the earnings screen. No popup notice, no email, no text. Just "hope he doesn't notice"....

14. crazy916

crazy916 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Did anyone else notice with the original fare adjustment Uber did not adjust their fee so they were still taking $95.32. Yet you would have only made $116.47 if you had not caught it.

15. Ball-In-Hand

Ball-In-Hand Member

so what did you screen shot exactly? Just the app when the pax changed the address?

16. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I did notice that and I would have made that adjustment had they not given me the full amount. That is pretty bad that they did that, I noticed it right away as it technically shows them earning 45% cut.
    I took a screenshot of the detail screen that showed his original drop off location. Its the same screen that shows the "Contact Rider" and "Cancel" buttons. Then I took a screenshot of the same screen after he made the change to the second location.

Bluebird97, iUBERdc, grams777 and 3 others like this.
  17. ridesharepartner.com

ridesharepartner.com New Member

Thanks for sharing this info. I often continue trips or reroute upon request, but do not always force pax to update the address via the app. I will from now on!

UberVeeLB and LEAFdriver like this.
  18. candygirl

candygirl New Member

glad it was fixed. lately ive been making sure its updated. even if they say they'll direct me if its around the corner.

capable and KoolKerry like this.
  19. PTCGUY

PTCGUY Well-Known Member

This wasn't X platform I take it?

20. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT