1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Always check after the passenger

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Dice Man, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    Always check your car after the passenger leaves.
    Not only for lost items , like phones, keys, eyeglasses, BUT also for UNUSUAL things , like pills, paper bags, or similar things and get rid of them. The last thing you want a policeman finding these things in your car.
    Today I found 2 pink pills in the gap between the seat and the backrest on the backseat, got rid of them immediately, probably they were prescription medication, but you never know.

Cdub2k, Terri Lee and flyntflossy10 like this.
  2. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    I always keep trying to remember to make sure someone didn't piss on my seats

uberinatltrafficsux and Dice Man like this.
  3. You'd have to be in a bad situation already if the cops are searching your car

4. Good Dice ManDice Man see you scrubin an a cleanin after each pax. keep it squeeky

Dice Man likes this.
  5. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    Before Ubering, I had my car tossed by police after rolling through a stop sign.
    It turned into a bigger deal because I had prescriptions not in the proper bottle.

Dice Man likes this.
  6. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    If it is a speeding ticket stop, then the cop noticed the pills, how to convince him they are not yours.

7. Pills are no reason to search car.
    You may have many prescriptions

8. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    You have the prescription pills not the prescription with your name in this case.
    They can search the car with special procedures for suspicion, lot on cases on cops on TV.

9. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    True, but the next passenger might think you're using.

Dice Man likes this.
  10. Never, in my entire life, have I been pulled over for no reason. The 2 times I was pulled over, my car was never searched—once for a missing taillight, once for a speed trap on the interstate. Cops usually have to have probable cause to search your vehicle.

Just don’t do anything shady. Don’t have illegal tint, don’t run stop signs, don’t look like a thug.

Check your seats for dropped items as a habit ...simply to avoid the hassle of returning them.

If you display trade dress, the cops are less likely to bother you in my area anyway. Here, they see you as a benefit to them: less drunk drivers on the road; less people driving on suspended licenses. Cops also assume you’re 100% street legal, as you’ve been vetted by U/L.

11. Dice Man

Dice Man

Driving:
    UberX
    I was only pulled over once for speeding in 40 years driving , the cop was nice didn't give me a ticket.

doyousensehumor likes this.
  12. Rushmanyyz

Rushmanyyz

Any lawyer with a degree could sew doubt for pills stuck somewhere in an Uber driver's car that a rider would have easy access to.

Unless you're black or Mexican. Then, son, hope your cop isn't a Trump voter!

Getmeoutofhere and Dice Man like this.
  13. Woohaa

Woohaa

Or maybe the last passenger left it. You ever known someone who smokes weed to leave joints in the backseat while they sat up front?

Dice Man likes this.
  14. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant

Driving:
    UberX

yes, that is definitely a good idea, but hard to do when things really get moving. But, you are right.

Dice Man likes this.
  15. Cdub2k

Cdub2k

Someone pee'd on my wife's seats a few weeks ago. She hasn't went online with Uber since then. She got $80 for the cleaning fee but still that was kind of disgusting. How can a grown a%% man (an Army Soldier no less!) piss on himself.
    Pathetic! I would have gotten his 1st Sergeant's name and sent him an email about that incident

Dice Man likes this.
  16. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    If he sees pills, and you can't provide a credible explanation, I'm pretty sure that's reasonable suspicion to search. A cop that wants to search your vehicle is going to find a reason to do so.

Dice Man likes this.
  17. Yeah but here's my thing:

1. You have to get pulled over. How often does that happen?
    2. You have to have had a pax with pills that actually dropped them on your seat that very day, assuming you at least clean/check your car before your start driving
    3. You have to have a cop that looks closely at your backseat. If you have riders, he cant see anything. If you don't and it's a routine stop, he's not looking too closely.

The odds of these things coming together is really not something I'm going to worry is ever going to happen.

Dice Man likes this.
  18. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Also, unless there's a reason not to, the cop would probably give the benefit of the doubt when told the stuff was from a passenger.

When driving for hire, that claim would be more than enough for Reasonable Doubt in court. Especially if the stuff was found in the backseat, where the driver couldn't reach from the driver's seat.

Dice Man likes this.