Alternative History: NO uber No lyft No App ever existed

UberLyftFlexWhatever

Uber’s only been around less than 10 years
What would ur life be if:

1. Uber was never created
2. Lyft was never created
3. There is no such thing as “ride-share companies” nor ride share apps

Only traditional taxis, car service and limos operate as they have for the past century

UNDER THOSE circumstances What Would U be doing Today to earn money?.

Question is only for the Full Time Drivers

Last edited:

Las Vegas Dude

I’m not full time rideshare but since no one has answered I’m sure they would either have some kind of job (whatever they could find) or panhandling/begging for money. That would be the only two things they could be doing. Well I guess they could be mugging/robbing people too.

Rakos

The same thing I'm doing now...

Relaxing...sleeping...

playing mindless games...

Provoking mindless drivers...8>O

Butt...I do miss taking the parties home...8>)

Cause someone had to do it...

And for a while making decent money...

Till they screwed it up royally...8>O

This effort has been as a great example...

Of how a psuedo taxi company...8>O

Can build a great process...

And then truly perfectly unbelievably...

Screw that process up...!!!

Rakos
PSX_20181027_102648.jpg

PS. Oh yes...my car would have 200,000 less miles on it...8>O

Last edited:

UberLyftFlexWhatever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber really is on the offensive.
People would probably have real jobs instead.
Pax would have to get around without finding someone to exploit .
So you’re implying be4 10 years ago there was no exploitation of the working poor imagrants that made the ranks of entry level ground transportation.

Define: ‘real jobs”

I would probably be living on my boat.. and renting my house (airbnb) for income
Kid, ur my kinda guy

everythingsuber

So you’re implying be4 10 years ago there was no exploitation of the working poor imagrants that made the ranks of entry level ground transportation.

Define: ‘real jobs”

Kid, ur my kinda guy
Any job you can walk into a bank and say "This is what I do for a living and I'd like to buy a home " is a real job.

Exploitation has been around forever.
Slaves in cotton fields.
Children in sweat shops.
Prostitutes in 3rd world countries.
Uber.

Piece by piece people are trying to make the world a better place by eliminating it.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

Any job you can walk into a bank and say "This is what I do for a living and I'd like to buy a home " is a real job.

Slaves in cotton fields.
Children in sweat shops.
Uber.

Piece by piece people are trying to make the world a better place by eliminating it.
Everyone knows the problems

rallias

I'd probably have a legitimate job in IT, rather than stressing out about how to pay the rent on the apartment I just moved out of in-lease.

oldfart

Slaves in cotton fields.
Children in sweat shops.
Uber.

self employed people have always had trouble qualifying for mortgages, a self employed driver is no different

everythingsuber

self employed people have always had trouble qualifying for mortgages, a self employed driver is no different
I've purchased 2 homes driving cabs. Whilst I no longer have a mortgage nor ever intend having one again the bank does keep in touch reminding me I'm welcome there if needed.
Self employed people with a real job walk into the bank with their financials and walk out with a mortgage for better or worse.

oldfart

I've purchased 2 homes driving cabs. Whilst I no longer have a mortgage nor ever intend having one again the bank does keep in touch reminding me I'm welcome there if needed.
Self employed people with a real job walk into the bank with their financials and walk out with a mortgage for better or worse.
so let me rephrase... a self employed driver wont have any problems getting a loan as long as he can demonstrate a good income and back it up with good records.

My comment was based on my experience as a real estate agent. A lot of self employed people didnt keep good records. and they couldn't demonstrate a good and consistent income stream

UberLyftFlexWhatever

so let me rephrase... a self employed driver wont have any problems getting a loan as long as he can demonstrate a good income and back it up with good records.

My comment was based on my experience as a real estate agent. A lot of self employed people didnt keep good records. and they couldn't demonstrate a good and consistent income stream
Bet u miss those “no doc loan” years. Great for realtors however almost broke the country’s financial back.

Those years I took advantage and bought my first tiny condo in Manhattan and stayed on the straight and narrow. That 1st condo has turned into my 401K. That’s NYC real estate. Different animal down your way.

Last edited:

oldfart

Bet u miss those “no doc loan” years. Great for realtors however almost broke the country’s financial back.

Those years I took advantage and bought my first tiny condo in Manhattan and stayed on the straight and narrow. That 1st condo has turned into my 401K. That’s NYC real estate. Different animal down your way.
we were the foreclosure capitol of the world

"You need to be making $250000/year to qualify for this loan....
how much do you make?" "....
"$250k"
approved

I bought a $400000 home 100% financing based on my commission income

Two years later the house was worth $200000 and my income had dropped by half

Are you familiar with the term “jingle mail”?

I moved out and sent the keys back to the lender.

No I don’t miss those days at all

Merc7186

#parttimeuberdriverslivematter

For 23 seasons, I was a beer vendor for the Buffalo Sabres. I went through all of the highs and lows of a sports franchise from 1995 to 2017. I also had the opportunity to work for the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bandits, Buffalo Blizzard, Buffalo Stampede, Buffalo Bisons, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians, Toronto Blue Jays, Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers and Rochester Red Wings.

Carrying roughly 25+ pounds around, up and down many many many steps does take a toll on your back and knees, so I had to retire. I started driving for Uber a few months later....now only my back and knees bother me from driving on the weekends.

Last edited: