Alternate Side Parking Fines Set at $65 Citywide

Inshur

Guided One

Always wondered what the point was
There is no point it’s literally just for handing out tickets. It’s would make sense if instead of a big street sweeper it could be a vacuum. Then that would make sense. On my street alone they issue about 4 tickets 4 times a week. There are thousands of streets in nyc. The city makes more revenue in parking tickets then in tourism. Goes to show how greedy city council is.

Kalanick

It should be at least $100 fine + 2 points. Why lazy people don’t move their car , when they know about street cleaning on certain time . They just ignore the rule . All persons who will ignore street sign ticket $100 +2 points . My options just take knife and cut all 4 tires of vehicle, problem will be solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alone44

I was in Brooklyn this morning in one side they had no standing in the other side was cleaning. This traffic cop was there putting tickets everywhere he was like a kid in Christmas morning lol.😂

FuberNYC

...or move to an area where there are no alternate parking. I need to drive a mile south to see those signs
Around here there are tons of street parking available at any given time. Not sure why people love to struggle living on those overcrowded neighborhood

Uberinghonda

...or move to an area where there are no alternate parking. I need to drive a mile south to see those signs
Around here there are tons of street parking available at any given time. Not sure why people love to struggle living on those overcrowded neighborhood
The problem is when you have one household with 4 or 5 cars, the problem will never go away.

uberxnyc1

There is lady cop who usually shows up on mon-tue in my neighborhood, she stays at the corner and once it's 8:30 she takes out her scanner :biggrin:

its Not like the street sweepers even clean anything, they just shuffle the garbage around.
They suppose to get water from fire hydrants but they are lazy to do so, that's why they make streets worse than before cleaning.

Kalanick

Most of my neighbors have 3+ cars but they all have 2 car garage + driveway for 5 cars so we still have plentiful of street parking here in Whitestone
I don’t understand how Uber driver can live in Whitestone. All expensive houses there. You have side job or side income?