Alright whooo screwed up the Subway deal

Szjohnson

I used it 6 times and really appreciated the free soda in the middle of a shift. Tried it two weeks ago and they said “the owner no longer wants to do it bc of some problems with some of the drivers”. Next thing it’s been canceled. I blame it on some small minority of sh-tty drivers who prob tried to go in there and fill a gallon bucket with coke. This is why we can’t have nice things people.

GreatWhiteHope

I used it 6 times and really appreciated the free soda in the middle of a shift. Tried it two weeks ago and they said “the owner no longer wants to do it bc of some problems with some of the drivers”. Next thing it’s been canceled. I blame it on some small minority of sh-tty drivers who prob tried to go in there and fill a gallon bucket with coke. This is why we can’t have nice things people.

probably 100% right

@@@@ probably, Definitely

gooddolphins

Nice things with a Uber perk doesn’t go in the same sentence

tohunt4me

Uber.

mrpjfresh

So kind of like the port-a-johns at the airport waiting lots??
This. I heard Uber was not actually reimbursing. It was basically a ploy to get drivers in to maybe spend more money. The joke was on Subway when they discovered many Uber drivers rely on Instapay just to put gas in their tanks. They aren't going into Subway and ordering anything. Also, back to my comment on the airport johns, if some of these guys treated Subway's facilities in a similar fashion... well, you can use your imagination.

Mista T

Author
UBER screwed up the Subway deal.

I never used it, but should have. A free Coke now and then would be nice.

Screenshot_20200122-192954_Facebook.jpg

NorCalPhil

Subway franchises typically hate corporate promotions because they end up costing money. That $5 foot long promotion killed a lot of franchises.

Subway thinks getting drivers in the doors with offers of free stuff would result in additional sales to those same people. Uber is trying to take advantage of another company (normal). They didn't take into consideration the nature of uber drivers being cheaper than the pax. Franchises complaining loud enough to corporate that this 'promotion' is taking a dump in the middle of the dining area and it was bound to end pretty quickly.

touberornottouber

Honestly I think Uber pulled it because they realized most Subways weren't honoring it and it was giving them an even worse name among their drivers.

If they want to do something they ought to make deals with their Uber eats partners where the drivers get a free soda or fries or something like this when they come to pick up an order. I mean the pay is so low that this would be the least they could do.

I was at Subway a couple times (I usually eat at Publix since I live in Florida) and considered trying it but didn't think it was worth the hassle and potential embarrassment for a $1.50 drink. Based on the experience of other drivers the odds were maybe only 20% that I would actually get the free drink without a lot of hassle.