Almost went head on with Wrong Way Driver this morning... Dash Cam Footage Inside..

Coaststarlight

Some time after 3am in the morning Today, Black SUV On Santa Monica Blvd speeding on the wrong side of the road , the wide angle lens on my event recorder makes things look slower, but dam, it was scary! No coffe needed after this morning, lol.. but seriously be careful out there guys. The taxi behind me had to swerve too, the guy never switched from the center lane OR slowed down, after almost making a pancake out of me and the taxi behind me he never stoped, just kept going, I watched him get to the intersection and change back to the other side and floor it out of there, no license plate to pull from the video sadly, even the original quality version, I edited this on my tablet after downloading the first editor app I could find that agreed with my Event recorder's video files... insane, didn't have a Passenger was answering a trip request when this happend... Video:

Be careful out there, usingan enterprise car at the moment, just got my own car, as soon as the reg comes in I can drive my own car, wich I'll be out fitting with better lights and a real horn, but still, dam

Driving and Driven

Highly inebriated drivers are often "attracted to the light" and will sometimes focus on your vehicle's headlights (or taillights) if they can see them. Turning off your headlights before taking evasive action may help you avoid a collision. Of course, that is provided you can see clearly on a well-lit stretch of highway. Just a thought. And remember to turn on your headlights again as soon as they pass.

'Glad you're safe.

groovyguru

Highly inebriated drivers are often "attracted to the light" and will sometimes focus on your vehicle's headlights (or taillights) if they can see them. Turning off your headlights before taking evasive action may help you avoid a collision. Of course, that is provided you can see clearly on a well-lit stretch of highway. Just a thought. And remember to turn on your headlights again as soon as they pass.

'Glad you're safe.
Great advice! Thanks!

Coaststarlight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My ROP teacher said the same thing, he was in his patrol car with all the lights on, and a driver from a mile back drove right into the back of it, he just got out, walked across the stree and watched, and then of course made an arrest once all was said and done, never forgot that story