Almost ran over a Grizzly Bear!

kc ub'ing!

Posted up near Reno/Tahoe airport, hoping for the sweet $60 fare to South Lake Tahoe. On top of the nice fare, the American Century Celebrity golf tourney is going on so I figured it'd busy down there. 5 minute wait. ping! Come on South Lake! Go get my guy, "where we going pal?" Scoreboard! Hour later, Tahoe! Drop my guy off, head to the Hard Rock next to golf course, park and ping! Hmmm... 4 minutes away up a hill behind The Montbleu. Not tourney business but close and a 1.7 surge. Well nav was off, it was a tourney pick up. So U it. 2 minutes from the strip but already in the forest, I complete my U and standing right in the middle of the road is this huge bear! I lock em up and he's just sitting there staring at me! Like, "I'm walking here, I'm walking here!" I freak! Oh Sht! Take a pic! OH SHT!!! Roll the windows up! I fumble with my cell, switch to cam mode, but he's already moving on... Oh Sht! Missed a great shot but got:
upload_2016-7-22_1-31-35.png

Showed it to all my riders the rest of the day! Pretty cool experience. First time I've seen one outside a zoo!

MarcG

Looks like a black bear. In any case, you're thread title is wrong. No way you were going to "run over" that bear. Hit it maybe. Would have done a lot of damage to your vehicle for sure. $1,000 deductible to get it fixed..

kc ub'ing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That ain't no grizzly.
Double negative much?

Looks like a black bear. In any case, you're thread title is wrong. No way you were going to "run over" that bear. Hit it maybe. Would have done a lot of damage to your vehicle for sure. $1,000 deductible to get it fixed..
Nitpick much?

I'm no zoologist, but the bear was brown. To me brown=Grizzly. I understand some black bears are brown. Also, while all blueberries are blue, not all blue berries are blueberries. Either way, it was huge, it was close and came outta no where! Just seconds from a very densely populated area. Thought it was cool so I shared here. "all Uber drivers who almost ran into a bear raise your hand... oh just you kc, how unique and post worthy!"

tohunt4me

Posted up near Reno/Tahoe airport, hoping for the sweet $60 fare to South Lake Tahoe. On top of the nice fare, the American Century Celebrity golf tourney is going on so I figured it'd busy down there. 5 minute wait. ping! Come on South Lake! Go get my guy, "where we going pal?" Scoreboard! Hour later, Tahoe! Drop my guy off, head to the Hard Rock next to golf course, park and ping! Hmmm... 4 minutes away up a hill behind The Montbleu. Not tourney business but close and a 1.7 surge. Well nav was off, it was a tourney pick up. So U it. 2 minutes from the strip but already in the forest, I complete my U and standing right in the middle of the road is this huge bear! I lock em up and he's just sitting there staring at me! Like, "I'm walking here, I'm walking here!" I freak! Oh Sht! Take a pic! OH SHT!!! Roll the windows up! I fumble with my cell, switch to cam mode, but he's already moving on... Oh Sht! Missed a great shot but got:
View attachment 50131
Showed it to all my riders the rest of the day! Pretty cool experience. First time I've seen one outside a zoo!
That is a service e Bear !

You are required to give him a ride.

Robertk

-Black bears are pretty timid, not dangerous.

-'The Revenant' was a boring movie, except for the bear rape scene

-wanna see a really messed up bear? This was way up north Canada near Inuvik NWT. This poor fellow musta lost a fight or two with other bears.