• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Almost New Driver!

Momof8

This is my dilemma= I took my 2015 Honda Odyssey in for my vehicle inspection on Saturday and it passed. The mechanic filled out the paperwork I took a photo of it and sent it on its way. Then I get a response saying that it didn't qualify and that my account needed attention so forth. There was no reason given so I retook the photo and resent. Later that day again it didn't go through. I reached out to "chat support" and spoke with someone and i was told the form used was their old one. They sent me a link, I printed the new form, took to Meineke they filled it out and I sent it to them right then and there. THEN IT HAPPENED! I got notification again saying they could not accept document and therefore not qualified. I reached out on chat support and they were baffled so she escalated the matter which she said could be 4-5 days. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS MUCH TROUBLE AND WHAT DID YOU DO?

Momof8

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We don't have one here. I coulds check Chicago but that's 3 hours away.

Momof8

Welcome!
What Illinois market are you in?
Pro Tip: Once you're approved, don't take your 8 kids on rides with you.
Haha I won't (well maybe only 3 of them) no really I would never. But to answer what market, i'm in Bloomington- Normal, Illinois.

Illini

Bloomington-Normal is considered a different market than Chicago.
My guess is that a Chicago GLH will figure out a way not to help you.
The Chicago inspection form is different than the rest of the Illinois markets.
Before you potentially take a worthless trip up here, continue working with the support team.
It usually takes them 3-5 communications to resolve issues (not exaggerating).
By the way, the obvious questions are -- did you pass the inspection, and did Meineke fill out the form correctly??
PS - Go Redbirds!

Momof8

So I spoke by phone finally to an Uber Rep and he told me it was because Meineke forgot to put the year of my vehicle on the inspection. He also told me I have to take it back there for them to put the date. if I put the date it would be fraudulent since it's in the box where the garage fills out the information.

Gtown Driver

So I spoke by phone finally to an Uber Rep and he told me it was because Meineke forgot to put the year of my vehicle on the inspection.
This is why Uber's customer service is amazing.

If they had real customer service in the US they'd be able to tell you that was the reason the first time and be done with it. Instead you had to go through crap support run after crap support run from some people that have never seen the US.

I'm sure old or new form didn't matter, it's just the lack of any real quality support that can explain a date causing an auto reject of the inspection.

njn

Now imagine if you had an actual issue like trying to recive a $20 cleaning fee from a passed out drunk that pissed in the seat.