Almost hit a passenger getting out of an Uber [dashcam]

second2noone

No I don't do Uber anymore I was just driving in the area. I did curse him out but it sounded really whiny on the video and there were a lot of f-bombs lol.
you don't fuber then do you do lyft? why were you recording? I guess in case anything ever happens even when you are driving. Just annoying to turn on and off everytime.

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

If this PAX would have been hurt sorry to say this would be on the driver. Whats are they doing having a PAX jumping out on the street? No one leaves my car until I am pulled over and out of traffic in a place where it is legal and they can gather all if their belongings without feeling rushed.

UberFocus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you don't fuber then do you do lyft? why were you recording? I guess in case anything ever happens even when you are driving. Just annoying to turn on and off everytime.
I bought the dashcam last year when I did Uber and Lyft. Now I work for a solar company. The cam also turns itself on and off automatically when I get in my car.

SCdave

This video should be added to the "What every Uber Passenger needs to know" YouTube Video.
(Well, up until you roll through the red light...but guessing your heart was racing a few beats faster).

When I go between car and curb (single lane), I always creep slowly because "sh*t" happens. People get out. Drivers suddenly decide to make a right turn without using blinker.

Edited: Just edited 'cause I wanted to focus on going between car and curb on single lane. I do it but I'm so warry, especially if I see it is an Uber/Lyft. Either someone getting out or Uber/Lyft or driver getting a request and making that quick right turn to go make the big 1.0x cheese :frown:

Last edited:

saucy05

Stupid driver let people out all the time without pulling to the curb or a safe spot. I keep the child locks on the rear driver's door to force them all to exit curbside.
I tried the child lock for a week or so but it was pain in the ass. When you are in residential or safe area, do you just tell them the child lock is on and they need to exit on the right hand side? Because I usually get out of my car and open it for them after they damn near break the handle struggling to get out.