All XL drivers, Uber off this weekend

Colddesertsnow

Unfortunately UBER plays on the weak minded driver that only sees the income until they need new tires, car repairs and oh paying their taxes at the end of the year! Then after UBER made thier money that the week minded driver realizes they made no money. Fortunately for UBER there is always new week minded drivers signing up to replace the ones that find out they can't afford to drive for UBER no more. I see so many full time uber and Lyft drivers come to my shop and can't even afford oil changes and tires for thier cars. Not to mention the engines bleeding from every seal do to the stop and go driving in this desert heat.

Uptoyou132

Unfortunately UBER plays on the weak minded driver that only sees the income until they need new tires, car repairs and oh paying their taxes at the end of the year! Then after UBER made thier money that the week minded driver realizes they made no money. Fortunately for UBER there is always new week minded drivers signing up to replace the ones that find out they can't afford to drive for UBER no more. I see so many full time uber and Lyft drivers come to my shop and can't even afford oil changes and tires for thier cars. Not to mention the engines bleeding from every seal do to the stop and go driving in this desert heat.
Sad but true.

ApecPredator

If enough xl people protest this merge, Uber will rescind this policy, seriously lets pick a date to protest at the fort Apache office.....

Colddesertsnow

Uber just sent me an offer to drive with a guarantee of 1.5x after 9pm. That's when I start driving. If they keep doing these offers then my XL stays on the road. I make more money with these guarantees! Thou they didn't show me guarantees for the weekend yet.

Lincoln Navigator L

Unfortunately UBER plays on the weak minded driver that only sees the income until they need new tires, car repairs and oh paying their taxes at the end of the year!
Tax-wise, if you're doing it correctly, you will not owe anything. Record / log your miles and take the standard mileage deduction.

usnftc

If you're making a profit driving Uber, then 12.4% Self Employment Taxes will apply on the profit. You also might have to pay Federal Income tax if your income is high enough.