• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

All the other drivers do it [Car Seat Issue]

SFOspeedracer

Get a pickup with a 3.9 rating. Yes 3.9 .. lol

Have not gotten a 3 yet I don’t think, after reading the stories on here of surprising outcomes of low ratings I now have become curious to see what is on the other side of this

At worst I can just drive off, unless they end up being just fine after-all.

1 min into the 8 min drive what do I receive ..

E38AC9E2-A2AE-4F50-B919-38BC27B87276.jpeg

3 min in what do I receive ..

5B6C61AA-1FE0-448A-A6ED-7789724176DD.jpeg

Ah yes, I am preparing my shit parent lecture as we speak

I get there and countdown starts, what do I see?

Not 1, not 3,

4 children running out the house to my car

Mom comes out after one runs back inside since they couldn’t open the door, I tell the one who looks the oldest I can’t take any of them, no car seats, and especially not alone ...

Where is your mom?

“Inside, she said you are taking us!!”

Taking you to?

“Daycare”

Does your mom send you to daycare this way everyday?

“Yeah!!!”

Mom comes out, nursing a baby and looks pissed off. Hands the baby back to someone else in the house and at this point im a minute away from my cancel fee and cannot wait to be paid for the lecture she’s about to receive parent-to-parent

“You will be dropping them off at daycare”

“No, but funny you mentioned that .. you do know that no driver can transport minors without their adult present? Also are you aware that 2 of your kids need car seats? Also - Have you lost your damn mind? You are one dumbass driver away from having your kids kidnapped, taken away, or killed”

Flustered and growing angry turning red - her first response which I could not help but laugh at and I knew I had to just go home and write:

“All the other @@@@ing drivers do it and have no problem”

Window up, cancel, report, pity on behalf of the kids

Amazing. People are amazing. This “all the other drivers” chant is real. There must be something similar to an AA meeting specifically for shit parents where they write this 1000 times or chant it over a fire.

Today has deemed itself a no ride day lol .. I will be enjoying my weekend with the new puppy my son and his girlfriend brang home:

DADB851C-914D-467F-B1DE-B855F7C0E5DC.jpeg

Last edited:

SinTaxERROR

Have not gotten a 3 yet I don’t think, after reading the stories on here of surprising outcomes of low ratings I now have become curious to see what is on the other side of this

View attachment 343010

View attachment 343011

Not 1, not 3,

Mom comes out after one runs back inside since they couldn’t open the door, I tell the one who looks the oldest I can’t take any of them, no car seats, and especially not alone ...

Where is your mom?

Taking you to..?

“Daycare”

“Yeah!!!”

Mom comes out, nursing a baby and looks pissed off. Hands the baby back to someone else in the house and at this point im a minute away from my cancel fee and cannot wait to be paid for the lecture she’s about to receive parent-to-parent

“No, but funny you mentioned that - you do know that no driver can transport minors? Also are you aware that 2 of your kids need car seats? Also - Have you lost your damn mind? You are one dumbass driver away from having your kids kidnapped, taken away, or killed”

Flustered, annoyed, and growing angry turning red - her first response which I could not help but laugh at and I knew I had to just go home and write:

Amazing. People are amazing.

Today has deemed itself a no ride day, lol. I will be enjoying my weekend with the new puppy my son and his girlfriend brang home:

View attachment 343017
The pic of the pup...

The best part of the story.

SuzeCB

View attachment 343010

View attachment 343011

Not 1, not 3,

Where is your mom?

Taking you to?

“Daycare”

“Yeah!!!”

“No, but funny you mentioned that .. you do know that no driver can transport minors without their adult present? Also are you aware that 2 of your kids need car seats? Also - Have you lost your damn mind? You are one dumbass driver away from having your kids kidnapped, taken away, or killed”

Flustered and growing angry turning red - her first response which I could not help but laugh at and I knew I had to just go home and write:

Amazing. People are amazing. This “all the other drivers” chant is real. There must be something similar to an AA meeting specifically for shit parents where they write this 1000 times or chant it over a fire.

Today has deemed itself a no ride day lol .. I will be enjoying my weekend with the new puppy my son and his girlfriend brang home:

View attachment 343017
Pup is adorbs, but isn't s/he within the age for a rear-facing, 5-point harness, car seat?🐶🐶🐶

Invisible

Adorable pup!

There’s a guy here who started a dog taxi. He pickups dogs and brings them doggie daycare or the vet. That would be heaven compared to some pax.

The moms who don’t care about proper seat restraints or having their kids go in a car alone with a stranger are just lazy, naive and/or ignorant.

Our fine for having a kid under 8 without a car seat or booster seat, is a few hundred. I wish more drivers followed the rules. Then I wouldn’t have to hear these moms whine so much.

SFOspeedracer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pup is adorbs, but isn't s/he within the age for a rear-facing, 5-point harness, car seat?🐶🐶🐶
Well he has a carrier .. he got nervous and peed a little in my sons lap so he put him on the blanket

Are harnessed puppy car seats a thing? I never even heard of that until your comment, lol
Post automatically merged:

Adorable pup!

There’s a guy here who started a dog taxi. He pickups dogs and brings them doggie daycare or the vet. That would be heaven compared to some pax.

The moms who don’t care about proper seat restraints or having their kids go in a car alone with a stranger are just lazy, naive and/or ignorant.

Our fine for having a kid under 8 without a car seat or booster seat, is a few hundred. I wish more drivers followed the rules. Then I wouldn’t have to hear these moms whine so much.
Im all in for puppy transport lol .. especially since they only complain in bark, no words ..

KK2929

View attachment 343010

View attachment 343011

Not 1, not 3,

Where is your mom?

Taking you to?

“Daycare”

“Yeah!!!”

View attachment 343017
Wow -- that is just amazing and scary. Terrible parent who does not need to be reproducing. The world is over populated already.

A baby Spaniel !!! How cute.

SFOspeedracer

I would never do that to any dog, either. That's just freaking plain wrong. :thumbdown:
Agree .. even the dog in the picture looks like he’s questioning the need for it lol
Post automatically merged:

Wow -- that is just amazing and scary. Terrible parent who does not need to be reproducing. The world is over populated already.

A baby Spaniel !!! How cute.
Yep a spaniel! He is cute indeed .. especially the bark lol

Mkang14

View attachment 343010

View attachment 343011

Not 1, not 3,

Where is your mom?

Taking you to?

“Daycare”

“Yeah!!!”

View attachment 343017
The heart is for the puppy

SFOspeedracer

New Jersey is the only state where driving with pets loose in the car is a violation of animal cruelty law. Drivers cited for failing to properly secure their pet can face a ticket of between $250 and $1,000 and as much as six months in jail.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-jersey-drivers-buckle-pets-face-fine-article-1.1090567
What is up with this state? I don’t think animals should be running loose but a carrier seems sufficient to me Lol .. Sami’s law .. banning self-gas pumping .. what’s next

Jlynn

That woman should be reported to Children's services. It really irritates me when they use the line "all the other drivers do it" because no, we don't. We aren't that stupid and to insinuate that we should be that stupid earns bad parents the rap they deserve. I was talking to a pax about this very thing and he told me that he's talked with a lot of other drivers before and never has a single one of them ever agreed to transport kids w/o proper booster or car seats. Like ever.

No one is dumb enough to risk their insurance rates increasing, a several hundred dollar fine and points on their license. Not for a strangers brats.