All of you drivers taking passengers in the front seat

RideShare_Hustler

My whole issue is the testing itself. Kurt believes that the test is almost perfect. My position is that we should definitely examen the testing aspect as there is plenty of evidence to show problems with the lab results.

Valar Dohaeris

So, now we are un utterly fear-mongering abstract? Seriously?
Speak English please. What are you saying?
Post automatically merged:

I don't really know how to answer that. Up here (Ontario, Canada) the mask mandate really only stretches to indoor activities where physical distancing is not possible. Outside, everyone can do what they want. The air-flow and wind outdoors, would remove 99% of chances of transmission.
In provinces like Newfoundland where they have had less than 5 cases in the past 100 days, no masks or physical distancing is required. But they've prevented all non-essential travel into and out of the island except for other low-hit Atlantic provinces (our so called Atlantic-Canada Bubble) to prevent outsiders from bringing the virus back in.

Us canadian's are a pragmatic lot, that generally (we have our wackos too, but far fewer of them) have no issue politicizing public health. And taking some minor precautions.

My guess for the 'out in the woods' overreach, is due to the crazy risk-taking and general 'open up the economy' ethos practiced before your curves full fully flattened.

Up here, we flattened the curve, and now control the flare-ups. We're far from perfect at it, but are not the never-ending political trash-fire of the USA. We look up our neighbors in horror, and keep our borders closed to travellers (goods, and essential travel from USA only).
It's so funny...when there is no pandemic, preventing outsiders from bringing diseases (or human trafficking victims, drugs, etc) into a country is XENOPHOBIC!!! Now borders are cool.

I hate comparing countries. Canada is 1/10th the population of the US, but the same size land-wise and still fairly homogeneous. Where are your Houstons, your Atlantas, your Comptons, your Baltimores? Are Canadians healthier than Americans? If so, is it because of your health care system or because people generally aren't grotesque slobs who live on a diet of fast food and then live off the system for the last 30 years of their lives? If Canada agreed to take in 2M of America's bottom feeders, the country would change overnight. Yet, the US would still have a long ways to go.

But sure, the US is really a bad place because Joe Dirt likes his bible and his shotgun.

Last edited:

Fuzzyelvis

Why would anyone take pax in the front seat now? Pandemic or not, I don't like them in my front seat. Now Uber dictates that no one can sit in front, hell yeah! Hope the rule stays permanently.
Yep. I haven't driven since COVID but I would love that rule to stay.

Valar Dohaeris

glad you back tracked because a county with zero cases over, say like 2 weeks would mostly likely NOT have an outdoor mask requirement.

Now with 300 cases, in a small county? Sure, where the frakin mask.
See, this is silly. Wear a mask in the middle of the woods when you are by yourself? Some humans lack common sense.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
See, this is silly. Wear a mask in the middle of the woods when you are by yourself? Some humans lack common sense.
This is a Strawman argument Of the worst kind. 99.9% of people would agree that it is silly, but departing the extreme as of it Normal is dangerous and a little bit ridiculous besides.

Valar Dohaeris

This is a Strawman argument Of the worst kind. 99.9% of people would agree that it is silly, but departing the extreme as of it Normal is dangerous and a little bit ridiculous besides.
I 1000% guarantee you that 99.9% of people would NOT agree it's silly. There are people that truly think you're a killer unless you have a mask on at all times.

MikhailCA

The actual VIRUS doesn't care what you 'think' of it. It's out there, ready to flare up if we let it by being complacent. You dont' know where your PAX have been. Maybe some caution.

There are currently 3 countries, and this is 8-Months into this Pandemic with a lot more knowledge and understanding, that are still losing nearly 1 citizen per minute (!) to COVID-19. The USA alone has lost a population the size of Little Rock, Arizona. But 'Excess Death Statistics' show that that number may be low-balled by as much as 20%, meaning the USA has lost a city the size of San Bernadino, California, or the capital capital cities of Idaho or Louisana

Why do people still believe this is a HOAX or not a big deal? Oh, yea. The American Education system....

View attachment 506474
The main problem is statistics. theres used to be 15-20% of the people in serious/critical condition a few months ago.
But right now only 1%, could be 0.1-0.5% in December.
can you tell your braking point when you would stop carrying about it? 0.5% or 0.1% or 0.01%?

SHalester

Wear a mask in the middle of the woods when you are by yourself?
some humans are dense and quite confused. One wonders how they function. If your county etc has a mask rules frakin follow it. And if you don't have enough common sense to know when there is nobody for mile(s) around, you don't need the mask. Unless you live in Calif and you are wearing the mask to help with the smoke......Just saying.

Wear the frakin mask, or stay away from humans. Really, that simple.

Valar Dohaeris

some humans are dense and quite confused. One wonders how they function. If your county etc has a mask rules frakin follow it. And if you don't have enough common sense to know when there is nobody for mile(s) around, you don't need the mask. Unless you live in Calif and you are wearing the mask to help with the smoke......Just saying.

Wear the frakin mask, or stay away from humans. Really, that simple.
What's it like to always be "right"? Must be a treat being married to you.

Valar Dohaeris

well, if you were married you would know the wife is always right. And if you violate that, like you do wearing a mask, you'd quickly be all alone. Oooopsie? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbup:
Maybe you're the wife then? Because you are always 100% correct. Never giving an inch. Highly annoying.

Fusion_LUser

What's it like to always be "right"? Must be a treat being married to you.
Now that's not very nice. Don't you want to be nice? Don't you want to care about others? How do we know you are nice and that you care if you don't wear a mask? You don't want to be that person who doesn't care about others, right? Look at how everyone else cares about you! We care so much that if you don't show how much you care about us by wearing a mask we want you put in jail.

Just put the mask on. Be cool like the rest of us. We love you that's why we wear a mask. Don't you want to love us back?

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I 1000% guarantee you that 99.9% of people would NOT agree it's silly. There are people that truly think you're a killer unless you have a mask on at all times.
I think you live in looney toons land, and are happy that preaching only to the extreme situations underscores your worldview. This is not healthy. The vast number of people want to go about their life, spend time with their families, pursue happines. That's not sheep, that is called 'being a @@@@ing adult.'

If you instead had a rational conversation with most people, I'm sure you'd find you hav more in common about Pandemic risk and procedure than not. But everyone screeches about the worst elements, not realizing how much the VENN diagram overlaps.

Last edited: