• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

All I needed was a boost, now fuber wants receipts. !?

Agent037

I had a paxhole the other day and my battery needed a boost so she notified fuber of course, and got deactivated right away. I was blindsided, wtf!? I got the boost from a fellow slave and took the paxhole to her cave, had to buy a mechanic some breakfast in exchange for a fake receipt for alternator and battery.

Cableguynoe

I had a paxhole the other day and my battery needed a boost so she notified fuber of course, and got deactivated right away. I was blindsided, wtf!? I got the boost from a fellow slave and took the paxhole to her cave, had to buy a mechanic some breakfast in exchange for a fake receipt for alternator and battery.
At what point during the ride did the battery die?

Did you make a stop?

While you were driving?

You might have bigger problems than just needing a jump.

Agent037

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At what point during the ride did the battery die?

Did you make a stop?

While you were driving?

You might have bigger problems than just needing a jump.
The battery is good, it was simply Cold and I got a jump from a fellow slave, and the @@@@ trying to get a free ride notified fuber. They sent me a message right away saying I needed to submit proof or drive the mule to a green hub to become active again, I cursed them out and the robot they have replying to people sent some bullshit idk. All I did was buy a mechanic I know a receipt for the alternator and battery and immediately got reactivated. It's absurd. I literally was not going to deal with it but the mechanic works out of the place where I lease the freaking car out of. Whatever. @@@@uber. I do lyftand radio dispatch neighbor cab service anyways for the majority of my income

Cableguynoe

But when did you run into a problem?

You pulled up to pick up pax and car turned off?

How was your battery cold if you drove to pick them up?

At what point of the ride did you need a jump?

I'm trying to understand how this happened and it doesn't make sense.

Agent037

Hey.......car battery just doesn’t all of sudden need a jump unless there is other underlining issues. Look at it from pax perspective....inconvenience ride along with safety.
Thanks for the advice, man.. the mechanic I went to for the receipt actually looked at it, he said everything was fine, this is the thing though.. as soon as fuber put my account on hold until I came up with proof I realized that any paxhole with knowledge that a driver has to go through the incovinience to get back on line after being reported will totally use that to their advantage, if let's say they don't like the drivers this or that, do you know what I'm saying?

It sounds like it was a relatively quick fix, but I can completely understand a pax complaining about it.
1- if the battery died before you started the trip (which is the only thing that makes sense to me), you should have not started the trip... apologized to the pax and Canceled/No Charge.
2- if somehow the battery died mid-trip (how?) the pax had to wait (and pay for the time) while you figured out a solution, which wasn't guarenteed to be quick... of course they were going to complain about an unreliable car.

1974toyota

Thanks for the advice, man.. the mechanic I went to for the receipt actually looked at it, he said everything was fine, this is the thing though.. as soon as fuber put my account on hold until I came up with proof I realized that any paxhole with knowledge that a driver has to go through the incovinience to get back on line after being reported will totally use that to their advantage, if let's say they don't like the drivers this or that, do you know what I'm saying?
Here's the deal, you are driving a Taxi, working for Uber means you drive a cab,your car when driving Uver is a Taxi Cab, Your Taxi Cab Broke Down, Pax was delayed,Pax notified your Base,"Uber" saying your taxi broke down, Your Base, Uber, Took you off the road,until, you fixed your taxi cab,you issued receipts to your base,Uber, they cleared you to drive your cab again,after you fixed your cab. End of story All this is done electronically when working for Uber.
PS to you, no big deal, that you had to jump your car, to ME and a PAX it's a big deal Simple as that,JMO

merryon2nd

....a lot of this story makes no sense though. I can't see how you could have had a cold start, even if you did turn the car off to wait for pax. It takes components up to 45 minutes to completely cool to that point, even in frigid temperatures. It gets balls hot under the bonnet of a car, and I know not one driver who will wait that long for a pax. And a car doesn't cut off mid ride unless there's a fuel issue, a spark issue, it's choking on lack of air, or the alternator is shot and you're driving on battery power alone.

1974toyota

The battery is good, it was simply Cold and I got a jump from a fellow slave, and the **** trying to get a free ride notified fuber. They sent me a message right away saying I needed to submit proof or drive the mule to a green hub to become active again, I cursed them out and the robot they have replying to people sent some bullshit idk. All I did was buy a mechanic I know a receipt for the alternator and battery and immediately got reactivated. It's absurd. I literally was not going to deal with it but the mechanic works out of the place where I lease the freaking car out of. Whatever. &%$@!*uber. I do lyftand radio dispatch neighbor cab service anyways for the majority of my income
Fellow drivers are not slaves,They are Other drivers,The Pax deserved a Free Bee ,do to the break down,or $$ off the fair do to the time it took to resolve Battery issue,This issue is on a driver,in this case YOU, not the PAX,Listen, driving people around working for a Taxi "UBER" co, is serious bizness,not a joke,if the $$ Uber pays you is not enough,don' take those fares,Or Quit,enough said, JMO

nickd8775

Your car battery shouldn't die in the middle of a trip. Let's assume you were at the airport waiting in the queue with the engine off. You get a ping and then find out your battery died. Another ant was nearby because they're also in the queue, and they jumped your car. The rider shouldn't have to know that you got a jump. If you have car trouble prior to a trip, cancel it!

Cableguynoe

Agent037

This is a fake story.
Dude refuses to answer a simple question.

How did this happen?
How did pax knows your battery died if obviously your car was running when you arrived to pick him up.

Why do people come here with fake stories?

Unless it's a fake story about a babe you hooked up with, makes no sense to make stories up.

Mikedamirault

...And a car doesn't cut off mid ride unless there's a fuel issue, a spark issue, it's choking on lack of air, or the alternator is shot and you're driving on battery power alone.
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
I have driven two SUVs (though this goes for all vehicles) on a completely shot battery (as if there were no battery at all) merryon2nd is absolutely right, you can drive a car completely on an alternator alone (unless the alternator is failing), a car will not shut off completely mid trip unless there is an issue you are not telling us about

If the alternator is functioning properly (as you claim) and the battery is functioning properly and just low/dead (as you claim), just the fact the car was running fine previously means that unless you let the car sit for an exceptionally long time, the battery should remain warm and slightly charged enough (from the alternator charging it beforehand) to at least get another start out of it

The only way for this to be slightly plausible is if you shut off your car and put it on accessory mode (reverse key turn or if push start, a double press without brake), or possibly, you went online and accepted a ping before you even went out to your car... but why would anyone do that?

Like everyone else is saying, there’s something you aren’t telling us

Agent037

Agent037

This is a fake story.
Dude refuses to answer a simple question.

How did this happen?
How did pax knows your battery died if obviously your car was running when you arrived to pick him up.

Why do people come here with fake stories?

Unless it's a fake story about a babe you hooked up with, makes no sense to make stories up.
Wtfdo I get by coming up with such a story, guy? I picked up the paxhole and soon after needed the boost, got one and went omw. Right after uber sends me proof that I fixed the vehicle, she was on her phone The whole time, simple dude, she notified Uber and they took action.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
I have driven two SUVs (though this goes for all vehicles) on a completely shot battery (as if there were no battery at all) merryon2nd is absolutely right, you can drive a car completely on an alternator alone (unless the alternator is failing), a car will not shut off completely mid trip unless there is an issue you are not telling us about

If the alternator is functioning properly (as you claim) and the battery is functioning properly and just low/dead (as you claim), just the fact the car was running fine previously means that unless you let the car sit for an exceptionally long time, the battery should remain warm and slightly charged enough (from the alternator charging it beforehand) to at least get another start out of it

The only way for this to be slightly plausible is if you shut off your car and put it on accessory mode (reverse key turn or if push start, a double press without brake), or possibly, you went online and accepted a ping before you even went out to your car... but why would anyone do that?

Like everyone else is saying, there’s something you aren’t telling us
Don't know what to tell you man, .. I'mma see if I can post screen shot of support messages,

Always blame the pax when your POS whip isn't working...clearly ride scamming.
You're hilarious, what scam am I going to do just to get fuber money? I do Uber as secondary income when I don't give 2 shits about uberand you think I'mma come up with some scam? LMAO.. made my night

Your not telling the full story...
Tell the full story please
Just wait til it happens to you, you'll see how a paxhole can sidetrack you if they notify fuber, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POST, .. not making shit up, cause really... Why? Its hard to fathom that no one here has had a mechanical problem while with a paxhole, and is REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PROOF of fixing the problem! Did you know that Uber knows before hand when TLC is going to suspend your license here in nyc!? And no one knows how and why. Fuber here in nyc is a COMPLETELY different animal. The majority of folks in here cannot possibly be from from my neck of the woods so I gotta be flexible with some things. It's a different world here.

Pawtism

Wtfdo I get by coming up with such a story, guy? I picked up the paxhole and soon after needed the boost, got one and went omw. Right after uber sends me proof that I fixed the vehicle, she was on her phone The whole time, simple dude, she notified Uber and they took action.

Don't know what to tell you man, .. I'mma see if I can post screen shot of support messages,

You're hilarious, what scam am I going to do just to get fuber money? I do Uber as secondary income when I don't give 2 shits about uberand you think I'mma come up with some scam? LMAO.. made my night

Just wait til it happens to you, you'll see how a paxhole can sidetrack you if they notify fuber, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POST, .. not making shit up, cause really... Why? Its hard to fathom that no one here has had a mechanical problem while with a paxhole, and is REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PROOF of fixing the problem! Did you know that Uber knows before hand when TLC is going to suspend your license here in nyc!? And no one knows how and why. Fuber here in nyc is a COMPLETELY different animal. The majority of folks in here cannot possibly be from from my neck of the woods so I gotta be flexible with some things. It's a different world here.
Because you aren’t answering simple questions. This story comes down to one of two things. Either you are having more issues with your car than you realize (or will admit) or you’re coming up with a story to make your point that pax and Uber are bad. The unwillingness to answer simple questions about it leads people to believe that it’s the latter.

Besides, we’re already aware how easy it is for pax to shut down drivers (and sadly, so are a lot of pax). All they have to do is say you were drunk and even with dash cam footage proving you were fine, you get a 2 day or so vacation while they review it. You actually got lucky you were only down as long as you were (innocent or not).

Agent037

It sounds like it was a relatively quick fix, but I can completely understand a pax complaining about it.
1- if the battery died before you started the trip (which is the only thing that makes sense to me), you should have not started the trip... apologized to the pax and Canceled/No Charge.
2- if somehow the battery died mid-trip (how?) the pax had to wait (and pay for the time) while you figured out a solution, which wasn't guarenteed to be quick... of course they were going to complain about an unreliable car.
I'd have given the trip for free if I could have, I didn't know how to... It is what it is man, this thread is switching to someone saying is a fake story lol. So I give up on reasoning with the crowd, which was that a paxhole can make a FAKE TO F UCK WITH YOU if they simply want to.

Because you aren’t answering simple questions. This story comes down to one of two things. Either you are having more issues with your car than you realize (or will admit) or you’re coming up with a story to make your point that pax and Uber are bad. The unwillingness to answer simple questions about it leads people to believe that it’s the latter.

Besides, we’re already aware how easy it is for pax to shut down drivers (and sadly, so are a lot of pax). All they have to do is say you were drunk and even with dash cam footage proving you were fine, you get a 2 day or so vacation while they review it. You actually got lucky you were only down as long as you were (innocent or not).
ASK ME ANYTHING. I just got back on the thread. Cableguy.! ASK ME ANYTHING! LET'S GO.

I'd have given the trip for free if I could have, I didn't know how to... It is what it is man, this thread is switching to someone saying is a fake story lol. So I give up on reasoning with the crowd, which was that a paxhole can make a FAKE TO F UCK WITH YOU if they simply want to.

ASK ME ANYTHING. I just got back on the thread. Cableguy.! ASK ME ANYTHING! LET'S GO.
I'm up all night for you