• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ALL Clark County Biz License EXPIRED Nov 1st!

Just a heads up, for all of us Vegas drivers. The Clark County business license ($25) expired yesterday. The county licenses are NOT one year from the day you get them, but based on the fiscal year.

Even if you just signed up in October, those licenses are expired as of yesterday, November 1, 2016.

Be sure to renew those online or in person before you get back on the road. I'd hate to see a bunch of folks get nailed for expired licenses by the inspectors!

Happy driving!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what inspectors? Where? I have not seen any in over a year

You're lucky. The inspectors tend to hit the queue at the airport pretty often. They can show up anywhere, though.

Better safe than sorry, my friend.

Mike Jones

what inspectors? Where? I have not seen any in over a year
I have personally never been asked for any of the two licenses but I don't want to be stuck with a huge fine and have my car impounded for trying to save $225. I like the peace of mind but hey that's just me

Farman vegas

You're lucky. The inspectors tend to hit the queue at the airport pretty often. They can show up anywhere, though.

Better safe than sorry, my friend.
I have taken personally as an Uber driver over a thousand customers to the Airport since Uber become operational in Nevada. My total of trips to the airport are very small in comparison to full time Uber drivers. Numerous individuals that drive for Uber full time have completed 3 times the amount of trips I have completed. I have never or anyone else that I know that drives for Uber has been inspected for a business license. That is quite odd looking at the data from completed trips by TNC operations using the published data from the budget from McCarran International Airport to extrapolate the total number of trips that TNC operations have completed.

I have never read a story in the news about an Uber drivers being given a citation for not having a business license in Clark County dropping of at the airport or picking up a customer. I find it hard to believe that this would not have been a news worthy story looking the power base of the Las Vegas taxicab Gods in Nevada.

I have watched and attended numerous Clark County Commission meeting in the last two years. The Director of the Clark County Business License Department in her last testimony told the Clark County Commissioner no complaints have been received about Uber drivers in her office.

Why is this ?

Vegas E

I can tell you why...
The Clark County Business License is BS and should not be renewed. The mandate for the Clark County business license in direct contravention of NRS Ab 175/176. The Taxi Cartel cronies in the Clark County Commission implemented the requirement at the behest of their overseers in the Taxi Cartel. To date there have been no verified reports of any TNC (rideshare) drivers receiving a citation for not having the Clark County Business license. The requirement is a violation of drivers protections set out in the TNC law. With a little luck most of the Clark County commission will be out of a job after the next election and the harassment of TNC drivers by Clark County will come to an end. If not, a recall would not be difficult to pull off considering how many locals TNC drivers come into contact with on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Farman vegas

I can tell you why...
The Clark County Business License is BS and should not be renewed. The mandate for the Clark County business license in direct contravention of NRS Ab 175. The Taxi Cartel cronies in the Clark County Commission implemented the requirement at the behest of their overseers in the Taxi Cartel. To date there have been no verified reports of any TNC (rideshare) drivers receiving a citation for not having the Clark County Business license. The requirement is a violation of drivers protections set out in the TNC law. With a little luck most of the Clark County commission will be out of a job after the next election and the harassment of TNC drivers by Clark County will come to an end. If not, a recall would not be difficult to pull off considering how many locals TNC drivers come into contact with on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, the noticeable incumbency advantage exist since the 1990s the sophomore surge has increased by 15% in the electoral landscape. In Clark County the Democratic party hold an advantage of more than 142,000 registered votes than the Republicans.

The Commissioners from District A and District B who have taken vast amounts of money over the last decade from the taxicab industry in Las Vegas will be returning next year. Hopefully, you will get you day in the sun with your legal opinion in a law suit against the Clark County.

The landscape for Uber after watching the Legislative Commission meeting today will be very, very difficult if Senator Ford runs the Senate in the 79th Session.

You only have to look at the campaign contributions to the Senator from District number 4 from the taxicab industry to understand the plan.

The future for TNC drivers in Nevada will be like Houston, Texas or even worst like NYC.
The list below is if you are not familiar with the requirements are from Houston, Texas for Uber drivers licensing process at the present time:
1. Fire Extinguisher purchase
2.Physical exam
3.Drug Test
4.Warrant check
5.Get TNC license from Houston permitting centre
6.Plus everything an Uber driver does in Nevada and an addition inspection of your vechile if you drive an older car
7. Fingerprinting back ground check / FBI Check

NYC is much harder also !!

Vegas E

Unfortunately, the noticeable incumbency advantage exist since the 1990s the sophomore surge has increased by 15% in the electoral landscape. In Clark County the Democratic party hold an advantage of more than 142,000 registered votes than the Republicans.

The Commissioners from District A and District B who have taken vast amounts of money over the last decade from the taxicab industry in Las Vegas will be returning next year. Hopefully, you will get you day in the sun with your legal opinion in a law suit against the Clark County.

The landscape for Uber after watching the Legislative Commission meeting today will be very, very difficult if Senator Ford runs the Senate in the 79th Session.

You only have to look at the campaign contributions to the Senator from District number 4 from the taxicab industry to understand the plan.

The future for TNC drivers in Nevada will be like Houston, Texas or even worst like NYC.
The list below is if you are not familiar with the requirements are from Houston, Texas for Uber drivers licensing process at the present time:
2.Physical exam
3.Drug Test
4.Warrant check
6.Plus everything an Uber driver does in Nevada and an addition inspection of your vechile if you drive an older car

There may be an upside to all of that besides getting to rattle the Clark County Commission's cage...

Last edited:

Freebyrdie

2.Physical exam
3.Drug Test
4.Warrant check

Why do I not see those conditions as unreasonable? Thinning the herd to those drivers who meet the above requirements would be better for all......the pax, the traffic and the drivers themselves.

Dgor

No matter what we should not be charged both for county and state business licenses..the state business license should be enough

LV-Reni

Thinning the herd to those drivers who meet the above requirements would be better for all......the pax, the traffic and the drivers themselves.
Not better for the PAX at all, actually the exact opposite. The more drivers on the road, the faster for pick up, meaning the faster to their destination. Plus with the huge number of drivers, it keep the price as low as possible.

No matter what we should not be charged both for county and state business licenses..the state business license should be enough
The state/county do not care what you think, they want money. The more the better. Wait until the cities try to make people get a license also.

Vegas E

They do care, if you make them care... anytime your government does something you don't agree with, you should contact them and tell them that.
Most importantly, how you vote in local elections now directly influences your income. Vote out all sitting members in the Clark County Commission.

kojeislandincha

2.Physical exam
3.Drug Test
4.Warrant check

Attacking Democrats is not the Answer. Going after a Man that Fabricated evidence to War and Destroy Countri