Algo Favoritism

Inshur

nycuberman

Some days the Algo just loves you and no matter where you are you just get dumb lucky..other days I can sit inside a blood red surge and not get a single thing...today luckily for me was the day the algo loved me. The system is completely RIGGED! Location is starting to matter less and less.

aluber1968

If you want proof of your theory, try this experiment:
Have a friend or relative order an uber while close to you, chances are it will go to someone 5 minutes away.
On numerous occasions I have been parked next to a hotel or an office building with all 3 apps on. Then I see a Camry pull up to pick someone up. Well I have been sitting there for the past 5-10 minutes. What gives? Not my turn to get the job. It is no longer the closest driver.

Uberman8263

Have a friend or relative order an uber while close to you, chances are it will go to someone 5 minutes away.
On numerous occasions I have been parked next to a hotel or an office building with all 3 apps on. Then I see a Camry pull up to pick someone up. Well I have been sitting there for the past 5-10 minutes. What gives? Not my turn to get the job. It is no longer the closest driver.
It can't be the closest driver, most drivers are sandwiched between 2 other drivers.

Liveone01

i did a drop off at jfk and drove around all the terminals looking for instant ping, with 180+ cars in queue i was like Fthat im out. when i was leaving the airport right after passing the the cellphone lot i got a ping lol .... i feel bad for those guys sitting there on a nice productive day like yesterday

FuberNYC

How about this Aluber, I am training a friend who just started driving FHV...
This morning I took him to my honeyhole and we both had our apps on... he gets a Lyft ride to JFK @50%PT the moment he turns on the app and I am there sitting for an extra 10 min for no pings from Uber and Lyft, which was good for me though since I got a Juno at 100% (2.4X Uber equivalent)

My base job took me from DT BK to Astoria for $40 and from Astoria I got an Uber to JFK (using DF) and then instant ping to Oyster Bay after dropping off at T1 & driving to T4.

My buddy didn't get an instant ping after dropping off at JFK and had a bunch of short trips once he got back to BK

You never know how algorithm works, really...:rolleyes:

Inshur New York