[Alert] You haven’t been accepting trips

BuckSF

PROBLEM:

Uber penalizes drivers and deactivates drivers because of non-acceptance of trips while not providing options to not accept trips while transporting a passenger.

DESCRIPTION:

When driving UberX, I frequently get new trip requests when I reach some unknown distance to the departure point of the existing passenger. Usually the requests come in when I am at a dangerous point at an intersection and am unable to safely accept the next trip request.

Also, trip requests come in immediately while I am using the app to stop the trip, causing my app to lock up (using iPhone5s 64GB). I am unable to accept the trip when this happens. I have completely re-built the iPhone5s by re-installing the default iOS, installed all updates, and only essential apps for driving Uber. When driving, only essential apps to Uber are operating (Uber Partner, Waze, Quickbooks Self-Employed to track mileage, and Pandora).

RECOMMENDED SOLUTIONS:

Option 1:

Add a feature to the app that allows drivers to not accept new trips while on an existing trip.

Option 2:

Add a feature that allows the driver to go immediately offline after the current trip is completed.

REFERENCE:

"Hi Steve,

We noticed you’ve been online, but not accepting trips. When you receive a trip request, you’re the driver in the best position to pick up that rider. We’re trying to make it as convenient as possible for you to get your next trip started quickly.

When you don’t accept a trip, it gets sent to a driver with a longer ETA resulting in less completed trips and lower partner earnings across the city.

If you don’t want to accept requests, just press “go offline.” Your acceptance rate will improve, and riders will be matched with drivers who are ready to pick them up. We’re trying to make the Uber experience great for everyone. Learn more about how we calculate acceptance rates.

Best,
Team Uber "

Reversoul

It's very aggravating when I've been driving non stop for 4 hours and want to take 5 minutes for myself to use the bathroom, get a soda, and regroup.

But before I can finish current trip and go offline, I get pinged and if I don't accept uber has the audacity to put a warning on my app as pictured in the thumbnail.. Like they're trying to make me feel guilty.

I'm sorry I need a break. I'm not a robot.

Supposedly, uber is working on an option for drivers to stop incoming pings while on trips for breaks.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Attachments

Reversoul

My favorite one is getting a ping and hitting it as my hand reaches for the Offline button. Sometimes I get pinged even after I hit it. Unbelievable.
I've had that happen. It's super annoying.

I've also been getting safety warnings for not using a cell mount. I have a mount and I have been using even before I started uber.

I guess uber doesn't understand that customers call or sometimes we have to call to get more info.

I think the reason I get flagged is because I carry my phone with me when I deliver to the customers door. Technically I'm still on a trip so their flawed system thinks I'm using my phone while driving. Uber instructions state that we bring our phones with us when we go up to the door.

Just another hole in their flawed system.

ato72543

Yeah its just fantastic when they send you crap messages like that. Yeah I am not going to accept a trip longer than 10 min away for what? A minimum fare? Really? I mean I would drive more to pick up passengers if the fares were at a NORMAL LEVEL ! All of this shit is Ubers fault. They better get their shit together or be bankrupt in about 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

UberIsAllFubared

They are called stacked pings, and are the bane of my existence on uber. One of the most annoying features. You are 100% correct. They come in at the end of a ride, sometimes while I am doing difficult navigation at the end of a ride. This is what makes them dangerous. I have to accept the ping (can't really look at the passengers rating either or if its a surge), then it takes me out of navigation and voice instruction, so I have to hit the navigation button again, and then hit the voice button. So while I am navigating the end of a trip, which can be the most difficult aspect of a trip, I am blindly trying to tap my phone three different times. I have said it before on here, someone is gonna get in an accident because of this feature, and I hope they don't kill someone cause of it.

I have gotten 4 stacked pings in a row. If I didn't accept the first one, I am not gonna accept the second, third, or fourth one. And the most frustrating thing about it, I CANT STOP IT CAUSE I AM STILL ON A TRIP!!!

Other reasons why I might not want stacked pings.

- I have to Pee
- I just drove through La Cienga airport hell, or Western Blvd Hell and I need a break to collect myself.
-I don't want to drive in a particular area. I hate driving in Hollywood. If I get taken there, I want to get out asap.
-Passenger has multiple destinations, and is going to verbal them to me after the first stop.

UberReallySucks

My favorite one is getting a ping and hitting it as my hand reaches for the Offline button. Sometimes I get pinged even after I hit it. Unbelievable.
That's exactly how my acceptance this week was 68% ... Every time I try to go offline, the freaking thing beeps... or get a stacked trip when I am trying to get out of a certain area...

UberIsAllFubared

But other posters are right, you can't be deactivated for not accepting pings, but you can be deactivated for cancelling too much. But, with that being said, a lot of people think uber manipulates who gets rides when there are a bunch of cars in same area based on acceptance rate. I also think they manipulate who gets those juicy long rides based on rating and acceptance rates. I maybe wrong, but who knows.

BuckSF

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber does not de-activate for low acceptance rates. It does de-activate for a high cancellation rates. Legitimate cancellations, such as "rider no-show" and "rider not at address" do count against you.
Interesting. I did a few quick cancellations where the request was for a pickup in an unsafe boarding area when the passenger was not present, so that must be what generated the message.

It's good to know that not accepting the pings does not contribute towards deactivation.

Thank you.

UberIsAllFubared

Interesting. I did a few quick cancellations where the request was for a pickup in an unsafe boarding area when the passenger was not present, so that must be what generated the message.

It's good to know that not accepting the pings does not contribute towards deactivation.

Thank you.
No they will still send you that irritating email for not accepting pings, but they just can't deactivate you for it.

tohunt4me

PROBLEM:

Uber penalizes drivers and deactivates drivers because of non-acceptance of trips while not providing options to not accept trips while transporting a passenger.

DESCRIPTION:

When driving UberX, I frequently get new trip requests when I reach some unknown distance to the departure point of the existing passenger. Usually the requests come in when I am at a dangerous point at an intersection and am unable to safely accept the next trip request.

Also, trip requests come in immediately while I am using the app to stop the trip, causing my app to lock up (using iPhone5s 64GB). I am unable to accept the trip when this happens. I have completely re-built the iPhone5s by re-installing the default iOS, installed all updates, and only essential apps for driving Uber. When driving, only essential apps to Uber are operating (Uber Partner, Waze, Quickbooks Self-Employed to track mileage, and Pandora).

RECOMMENDED SOLUTIONS:

Option 1:

Add a feature to the app that allows drivers to not accept new trips while on an existing trip.

Option 2:

Add a feature that allows the driver to go immediately offline after the current trip is completed.

REFERENCE:

"Hi Steve,

We noticed you’ve been online, but not accepting trips. When you receive a trip request, you’re the driver in the best position to pick up that rider. We’re trying to make it as convenient as possible for you to get your next trip started quickly.

When you don’t accept a trip, it gets sent to a driver with a longer ETA resulting in less completed trips and lower partner earnings across the city.

If you don’t want to accept requests, just press “go offline.” Your acceptance rate will improve, and riders will be matched with drivers who are ready to pick them up. We’re trying to make the Uber experience great for everyone. Learn more about how we calculate acceptance rates.

Best,
Team Uber "

"TECHNOLOGY "!

Maried

Thinking about it, this is legal grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Lawyers, anyone, anyone???
I got the same message but I told them there was a problem with my app and theirs, they got mad and even-though I got a tip and uber sent a congratulations yesterday for completing 100 trips I was told to take a quality improvement class that they wanted me to pay for. I flat out refused and they deactivated my account. today. I requested to speak to upper level management but got nothing. Can't we rate the support or no support we get from Uber Support?

I had to delete uber's email and you are ell address because it would not accept the post

Hi Marie,

We’re writing to inform you that your account has been deactivated due to your rating falling below our minimum requirement for Uber partners. The good news is that there could be an opportunity for you to get back on the road by providing access to a course that helps improve your skills.
If you attend this session, you may be eligible to have your account reactivated.
Quality Course

We have partnered with third party providers in Gainesville that offer Quality Courses. These courses will give you tips on how to deliver high-quality experiences for riders, improve your navigation of the city, and earn more money.

Uber Support

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:20 PM,
We noticed your acceptance rate was below 70% last week. Not accepting trips while actively connected to the Partner App creates a poor experience for riders and partners. Please remember to sign offline when you are not in a position to complete the requests you receive. Accepting all of your trips is also a great way to boost your earnings
How could I be logged in or be accused of not accepting trips when my phone was not even turned on. I know they are having app problems, so I asked them to check the app because I can't be expected to accept a trip when my phone is not turned on.

I am not sure what they mean because I always accept rides, maybe once or twice in the entire week, when I couldn't take the trip but I usually turn the app and my phone off if I can't take a trip or at least the app.
Thanks for reaching out! This email is to let you know that we have received your request: “Re: First Warning - Low Acceptance Rate”. Our support team will get back to you as soon as we can. No need to reply to this email.
In the meantime, you can find answers to frequently asked questions and other helpful information at help uber com or by visiting the help section in your Uber app.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting your matter resolved.

They never resolved anything but got mad and deactivated my account. How are we partners if these creeps have so much power? Does anyone know the promo code for the improvement class? I refuse to pay for anymore of Uber's wrongdoings.

I had to delete uber's email and you are ell address because it would not accept the post

Last edited:

Maried

Thinking about it, this is legal grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Lawyers, anyone, anyone???
I got the same message but I told them there was a problem with my app and theirs, they got mad and even-though I got a tip and uber sent a congratulations yesterday for completing 100 trips I was told to take a quality improvement class that they wanted me to pay for. I flat out refused and they deactivated my account. today. I requested to speak to upper level management but got nothing. Can't we rate the support or no support we get from Uber Support?
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:20 PM,
We noticed your acceptance rate was below 70% last week. Not accepting trips while actively connected to the Partner App creates a poor experience for riders and partners. Please remember to sign offline when you are not in a position to complete the requests you receive. Accepting all of your trips is also a great way to boost your earnings
How could I be logged in or be accused of not accepting trips when my phone was not even turned on. I know they are having app problems, so I asked them to check the app because I can't be expected to accept a trip when my phone is not turned on.

Maried

Thank you.
I am not sure what they mean because I always accept rides, maybe once or twice in the entire week, when I couldn't take the trip but I usually turn the app and my phone off if I can't take a trip or at least the app.
Thanks for reaching out! This email is to let you know that we have received your request: “Re: First Warning - Low Acceptance Rate”. Our support team will get back to you as soon as we can. No need to reply to this email.
In the meantime, you can find answers to frequently asked questions and other helpful information at help uber com or by visiting the help section in your Uber app.

They never resolved anything but got mad and deactivated my account. How are we partners if these creeps have so much power? Does anyone know the promo code for the improvement class? I refuse to pay for anymore of Uber's wrongdoings.

UberIsAllFubared

It sounds like they are deactivating you for your RATING, not acceptance %. What is your rating? If they are deactivating you for this, you are kinda screwed and will have to take the class.