Alert***Judge says uber is actually illegal now in Philly

uberpoolisajoke

It won't let me post the link but just google - uber illegal philadelphia - and you'll see the story it's on Billypenn's website here's a piece of it tho from the article they wrote:

"A Philadelphia judge has effectively ordered UberX and Lyft to shut down operations in the city.

Court of Common Pleas Judge Linda Carpenter issued the cease and desist order before noon today. The ruling comes almost three months after Ron Blount, president of the Taxi Workers Alliance of Pennsylvania, filed a restraining order to stop the ride-sharing services from operating."

uberpoolisajoke

It won't let me post the link but just google - uber illegal philadelphia - and you'll see the story it's on Billypenn's website here's a piece of it tho from the article they wrote:

"A Philadelphia judge has effectively ordered UberX and Lyft to shut down operations in the city.

Court of Common Pleas Judge Linda Carpenter issued the cease and desist order before noon today. The ruling comes almost three months after Ron Blount, president of the Taxi Workers Alliance of Pennsylvania, filed a restraining order to stop the ride-sharing services from operating."

Stray cat

I think most of us have seen it by now. Judge Linda Carpenter granted an injunction against UberX and Lyft.

Uber just texted us that we can "rest assured" that all is fine still to drive as they allegedly "filed for an extension."
They're nuts. WTF? There's a judicial injunction against them still. No idea what they mean. Presumably, they requested the state legislature for an extension to operate. Legislature isn't even back in session for another week? Request to one arm of government does not act as a stay of power on the judicial branch order unless the Judge grants a stay or Commonwealth Court grants any appellate stay.

uberpoolisajoke

Are drivers still driving in the city?

I know drivers that have been doing it for a while will still be out there but I'm thinking this might be enough to scare a lot of part timers who cherry pick the busy times to second guess it and maybe bring back some surges which i dont know about anybody else but I haven't seen any decent ones in a cpl weeks so hopefully this will help even tho you're taking the risk

Peanut hello

Uber should raise the rates back up to what they were before the temp agreement to compensate for the risk but god knows they could give a crap about the risk as long as they get their money
If they raise the rate is gonna be hard on the riders.they got used to cheap ride,
then all of sudden raising the fare, riders will get mad.so why just keep it the
way it is now,and make your pax happy..

uberpoolisajoke

If they raise the rate is gonna be hard on the riders.they got used to cheap ride,
then all of sudden raising the fare, riders will get mad.so why just keep it the
way it is now,and make your pax happy..

Because if you raise the rates and then riders get mad then they start complaining about uber too that will put more of a push on everybody to get this deal done in the legislate to where it's legal in Philly so everything can go back to normal, let's be real riders are not gonna stop using uber they need it as much as drivers do

Red Leader

......................................directed to the "proper" pocket. Poor Ol' T. Kalanick does not understand that politicians do not stay bought.

Silly statement. Old and tired even.

It has nothing to do with bribes. It's simply he city or state trying to find out how they want to get their money out of the new business.

What many people forget, mainly the ones who complain the most, is that municipalities can regulate Uber with the stroke of a pen. They can get their pound of flesh or just close the business should they refuse to comply.

It actually has nothing to do with Travis. In this arena, he is virtually powerless.

Another Uber Driver

Silly statement. Old and tired even.

It has nothing to do with bribes. It's simply he city or state trying to find out how they want to get their money out of the new business.

What many people forget, mainly the ones who complain the most, is that municipalities can regulate Uber with the stroke of a pen. They can get their pound of flesh or just close the business should they refuse to comply.

It actually has nothing to do with Travis. In this arena, he is virtually powerless.

Lines three and four of the quoted poster's statements support my statements.

In line two, sentence Number One is in direct conflict with sentence Number Two.

Quoted poster would do well find a virtual crowbar to remove his virtual foot from his cybermouth.

Do I smell an Ubershill?

Red Leader

Lines three and four of the quoted poster's statements support my statements.

In line two, sentence Number One is in direct conflict with sentence Number Two.

Quoted poster would do well find a virtual crowbar to remove his virtual foot from his cybermouth.

Do I smell an Ubershill?

Nope. You smell your own misery. Whine and complain. Same tired old lines. It always someone else.....never you. And now you exposed yourself with the shill word.

If you think Travis controls anything that goes on in SF....well, you are simply delusional. But that's typical for a mod.

Another Uber Driver

Nope.

And now you exposed yourself with the shill word.

"Nope" might be correct, but "misery" ain't. Something that often lives under a bridge might be more like it.

As for the second quoted statement: ***Presses "HUH?" button.

Your failure to answer the points about self-contradiction exposes you.

***Spits out hook.***