Albuquerque PAX's do not have a clue that they're rated by their drivers

Last week I did 72 trips and only 6 pax new that they get rated by their driver. I'm afraid to educate the pax on the rating system in fear that I might receive low ratings, I'm a 4.94 with 1477 trips completed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
good ratings how do you stay at that ratings
1. I DO NOT drive the bar crowd...I come online everyday 7 days a week at 3:00 am.
2. I'm polite, courteous and professional.
3. I greet every pax with a smile and a handshake to all males.
4. I'm just me and no B.S.
5. I have a checklist of priorities I go over with pax before starting trip.
6. I'm consistent with every pax and trip... very rarely do I screw-up.
7. I always say "thank you" and "welcome"
It also helps that I use to wait tables in fine dinning at the Ritz Carlton and a private country club back in Ohio.

good advice I normally work the bar rush
Bar rush will hurt your ratings....well it did for me at least, maybe not for others. I have a low tolerance for the intoxication factor.
I also have a lot of regulars I drive twice or three times a week, so that helps my ratings too.
Just be consistent...either consistently great or consistently shitty, but consistent. I can't stress that enough.

CommanderXL

Last week I did 72 trips and only 6 pax new that they get rated by their driver. I'm afraid to educate the pax on the rating system in fear that I might receive low ratings, I'm a 4.94 with 1477 trips completed.
Why would you want to tell them you rate them? Nobody wants to be judged! And I don't see the need at all as it has no effect on their lives. It's just to let other drivers know what to expect. Our ratings, however, do impact our lives in that we can be deactivated if they are too low so it is important that passengers know that, which, I have found, many do not and are surprised to hear it.

Last edited:
Why would you want to tell them you rate them? Nobody want to be judged! And I don't see the need at all as it has no effect on their lives. It's just to let other drivers know what to expect. Our rating, however, do impact our lives in that we can be deactivated if they are too low so it is important that passengers know that, which, I have found, many do not and are surprised to hear it.
I guess at the time that I posted this topic I wanted to blow off a little steam. I dropped a 10th of a point that day and I let it get to me. I'm really surprised that the pax's don't know their rated too and figured that if they did know, that maybe in this perfect world the pax's here in ABQ would get their rose smelling shit together...."laughs as he takes another hit of his pipe dream:confused:"

KMANDERSON

Bar rush will hurt your ratings....well it did for me at least, maybe not for others. I have a low tolerance for the intoxication factor.
I also have a lot of regulars I drive twice or three times a week, so that helps my ratings too.
Just be consistent...either consistently great or consistently shitty, but consistent. I can't stress that enough.
yeah i agree but the is where most money is

CommanderXL

I guess at the time that I posted this topic I wanted to blow off a little steam. I dropped a 10th of a point that day and I let it get to me. I'm really surprised that the pax's don't know their rated too and figured that if they did know, that maybe in this perfect world the pax's here in ABQ would get their rose smelling shit together...."laughs as he takes another hit of his pipe dream:confused:"
As you said, stay consistent! Thats very good advice. So don't change anything. Your ratings are excellent, the best I've heard of with so many trips. Higher than any of the "6-Star" people. As I'm sure you know, you will never be able to please everyone. And even if you could, there are outside factors upon which you will be rated but of which you have no control -- like traffic, glitches in the passenger app, the passengers feelings about Uber in general or even their last driver, etc.

Keep up the great work!

KMANDERSON

I don't like driving drunks around either I stop before closing time

KMANDERSON

As you said, stay consistent! Thats very good advice. So don't change anything. Your ratings are excellent, the best I've heard of with so many trips. Higher than any of the "6-Star" people. As I'm sure you know, you will never be able to please everyone. And even if you could, there are outside factors upon which you will be rated but of which you have no control -- like traffic, glitches in the passenger app, the passengers feelings about Uber in general or even their last driver, etc.

Keep up the great work!
you forget surge pricing that a ratings killer

Keep up the great work!
Thank you for the kind words...I'm fully aware that there are outside factors that are out of our control. As long as I stay consistent and provide exceptional customer service to every pax, mathematically the odds are in my favor. That's just the poker player in me! One thing that I know for a fact is: never tell the pax about yourself, never brag about how well your doing in life, or with uber. Pax's always ask about uber and myself. I keep my answers very short and I think before I speak, or I flip the script on them. I start asking questions about them, get them to talk about themselves and how well their doing in life. Once I get them going I try to make them feel like their absolutely doing so much better than me. Compliment, after compliment, after compliment. This gives them that sense of self worth and by the time they get out of my vehicle they're walking on cloud nine. BAM!!!!!!! 5 STARS:biggrin:

Last edited:

KCDelivers

This will be my 2nd weekend driving for Uber. With the surge pricing and the types of paxs that you guys pickup on the weekends, is there any suggestions you would have to play safe and recommend to do or not to do. I don't want to have a low rating because someone considers a 4 to be exceptional service because they have had to much to drink.. I'm sure it comes with the territory but any pointers along side of the great advice transporter suggested with not divulging to much about myself.

TheTransporter6414 you start at 3am, 7days a week? Do you profit those hours, if you don't mind me asking.

This will be my 2nd weekend driving for Uber. With the surge pricing and the types of paxs that you guys pickup on the weekends, is there any suggestions you would have to play safe and recommend to do or not to do. I don't want to have a low rating because someone considers a 4 to be exceptional service because they have had to much to drink.. I'm sure it comes with the territory but any pointers along side of the great advice transporter suggested with not divulging to much about myself.

TheTransporter6414 you start at 3am, 7days a week? Do you profit those hours, if you don't mind me asking.
Best Advice:
1. Be smart - work smarter not harder
2. Be strategic - use the pax's app to your benefit to know where other drivers are
3. Know your city and if you don't know it, you better learn it. Do not rely on GPS 100%
Learn your territory like the back off your hand. When I say territory, I mean where you work the most
4. Know what events are going on in your city no matter how big or small
5. Keep the interior of your car spotless and windows clean....whatever you do, do not pass gas in your vehicle, it will linger in the fabric for days. Pull over, get out, let it rip and wait a couple of minutes before you get back in. I know this sounds silly but I'm dead serious on this one.

Let me be honest with you...everyone here in this forum that has been driving for six months or longer has probably done a lot of research on the rideshare economy. They all and I myself learned from trial and error. Most and including myself are not going to give up all of our secrets or our honey holes; where we profit the most. What works for me and others here may not work for you and others. I'm not trying to be rude or standoffish, but I've put a lot of R and D into my business and that's why I have such a high overall rating. What I consider a profit others may consider not. I set a goal everyday and I don't stop till I achieve it or damn near die trying. Let me say this, " If you treat this like a job your going to make job money. If you treat this like it's your business then I believe you will be successful. " What I consider that to be may not be what you think is successful and others here may not think so either. I came into this as a part-time gig and I soon realized the potential and numerous other opportunities that came along with it. I retired from my job after 30 yrs and now I just drive and I love it. I've been driving full-time now for nine months and have made half of what I made a year at my job. I'm going ride this [email protected]@@@er till the wheels fall off!!!!!

Last edited:

KCDelivers

Best Advice:
1. Be smart - work smarter not harder
2. Be strategic - use the pax's app to your benefit to know where other drivers are
3. Know your city and if you don't know it, you better learn it. Do not rely on GPS 100%
Learn your territory like the back off your hand. When I say territory, I mean where you work the most
4. Know what events are going on in your city no matter how big or small
5. Keep the interior of your car spotless and windows clean....whatever you do, do not pass gas in your vehicle, it will linger in the fabric for days. Pull over, get out, let it rip and wait a couple of minutes before you get back in. I know this sounds silly but I'm dead serious on this one.

Let me be honest with you...everyone here in this forum that has been driving for six months or longer has probably done a lot of research on the rideshare economy. They all and I myself learned from trial and error. Most and including myself are not going to give up all of our secrets or our honey holes; where we profit the most. What works for me and others here may not work for you and others. I'm not trying to be rude or stand offish, but I've put a lot of R and D into my business and that's why I have such a high overall rating. What I consider a profit others may consider not. I set a goal everyday and I don't stop till I achieve it or damn near die trying. Let me say this, " If you treat this like a job your going to make job money. If you treat this like it's your business then I believe you will be successful. " What I consider that to be may not be what you think is successful and others here may not think so either. I came into this as a part-time gig and I soon realized the potential and numerous other opportunities that came along with it. I retired from my job after 30 yrs and now I just drive and I love it. I've been driving full-time now for nine months and have made half of what I made a year at my job. I'm going ride this [email protected]@@@er till the wheels fall off!!!!!
Where the hell is the double like for this post.

This is real talk man. I appreciate this feedback. I'm trying this part time as well. I may never go full time unless it plays more then my main. Obviously the pay at my main is good because it offers OT but I don't want to be at the main more then I have to.

Do you base your pickups on reviews of the pax?

How is that camera working out?

Where the hell is the double like for this post.

This is real talk man. I appreciate this feedback. I'm trying this part time as well. I may never go full time unless it plays more then my main. Obviously the pay at my main is good because it offers OT but I don't want to be at the main more then I have to.

Do you base your pickups on reviews of the pax?

How is that camera working out?
Like I said before, I have regulars that I drive 2 or 3 times a week, some more. When it's slow for me and there are to many drivers out, I stalk my clients. I know when they normally request and park right in front of their house, and believe it or not, they actually like that. I start to take mental notes on a pax if I get them consistently: their route to work, the music they like, and what they like to converse on and I just make the experience happen for them.
I'm going to break code and drive the bar crowd tonight to about 11:00pm. If you want, meet me at Uptown Sports Bar parking lot at 9:00pm and we can rap more in depth.

KCDelivers

Like I said before, I have regulars that I drive 2 or 3 times a week, some more. When it's slow for me and there are to many drivers out, I stalk my clients. I know when they normally request and park right in front of their house, and believe it or not, they actually like that. I start to take mental notes on a pax if I get them consistently: their route to work, the music they like, and what they like to converse on and I just make the experience happen for them.
I'm going to break code and drive the bar crowd tonight to about 11:00pm. If you want, meet me at Uptown Sports Bar parking lot at 9:00pm and we can rap more in depth.

If your out around 10:30 I'd be down to meet up. I don't get off my main career until 10:15. Let me know.

If your out around 10:30 I'd be down to meet up. I don't get off my main career until 10:15. Let me know.
I've changed my mind about tonight, I f---ing exhausted and need to crash so I can get back it in the morning. We'll hookup sometime next week. Let me know what your schedule is like and I'll make time.:smiles: