1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airports locations

Discussion in 'London' started by Andriuha, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Andriuha

Andriuha

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi guys, im new in here, been reading your toughts for few weeks, always interesting to have a good laugh as most on topics are pretty funny. Anyway i have this question, is there any difference btw getting as close as possible to airport area(which not log you out ofcourse), as for me its seems very strange that some drivers are going to car parks and pay they own money when you can just find a spot somewhere around it. Yes uber does give it back to you, but in case you run out of time in a parking area you still need to move somewhere around then. Im not a airport fan by myself, just living few mins away from it so this is where i usually start

2. The airport queuing system is very ambiguous. Some drivers get a job as soon as they drop off, as it appears they have priority or those who wait inside seem to get a job first while some wait for hours. Cancellations whether by the driver or passenger, don't know whether this places you at the back of the queue. As does rejecting a job outside the airport area.

Until Uber shows you on the app, where you are in the queue I'd avoid the airport altogether.

3. Khalvo

Khalvo

Only been to Luton once on UberExec, and took a while to get a job (can't remember how long now, but I'd just dropped a friend off)

At Stansted, I used to park in McD's and have a coffee while waiting, as I was close enough to the terminal to get something quickly.

As LUED says, it can be extremely hit and miss.

4. ozob

ozob

There is no queuing system. That's all bull****.

5. D1991

D1991

i was in gatwick on sunday night got the job passenger cancelled and i went back of the que confirmed by drivers who arrived after me and left before i ended driving home empty.

6. Andriuha

Andriuha

Driving:
    UberX
    This is the rule which i lived with so far. Probablly need to get back to it.

As i see there is one clear opinion, airpors are ****.

Drive4fun likes this.
  7. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    had
    same situation in stansted

8. same situation in Luton . the average waiting time is 4-5 hours some drivers told me that Luton ha two Uber clients / hour ...

9. this is what i belived before but there is a queuing system for sure. if you dont belive i invite you to go to heathrow and park on road with no cars then open your uber client app and try to book yourself as your car is the nearest .then you will realise that is not possible. that mean the queuing system work.

10. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    if some1 write airport name its gonna be queue system. If some1 go out from terminal and correct hes position its gonna be closest deiver. Thats why some ppl at luton/stansted park close to terminal, but those ppl are out of the queue

11. igor .. sorry but i dident understand your message very well . can you be more explicit please . you mean if client goes out of terminal and make a booking it will be the closest ?

12. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    If he point the airport "sign" in customer app or write on the top "stansted airport" its gonna be the queue.
    If he goes out terminal and point the street where he standing its closest driver.
    Im Master Yoda not The GoD ,its the easiest way i explained !

You can open your app right now.
    Tap stansted and you see "intrrnation arrivals or domesric" to choose.Thats queue.

Tap stansted again and move your pin to lets say Gorefield road. No arrivals no domestic nothing just request driver.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  13. That explains how I got a Hilton Terminal 4 as I was making my way round Hatton Cross.

14. igor l

igor l

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    To hang around with airport boys sometimes, you have ;-)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015