Airport Uber bay fee for late exit.

yogi bear

You should tail gate another car out the gate.
Just follow real closely one foot on the brake one on the throttle kinda thing.

If you follow within a meter or so that boomgate won't come down. As your vehicle will block the sensor that tells the gate whether out can shut or not before it has a chance to close

Even if it starts coming down between vehicles it'll stop as soon as yours gets under it blocking the sensor.

Unless they're watching that actual gate Camera tv screen at that very moment, and they're midday likely not, then they wont catch you.

I've done it heaps out st tulla in both a taxi at the holding rank, and private vehicle, with a trailer, from the long term car park..

It's all no worries.

Apollo

Naughty boy
Vlakas.Kimismeno moulari.

I fell asleep in my car in the airport Uber bay at tullamarine in the long stay car park and was about seven minutes over the hour limit when I left. The cost on exit at the boom gate was twenty five dollars, plus twenty-five cents processing fee.
Let's hope you don't fall asleep when carrying riders.

george manousaridis

Vlakas.Kimismeno moulari.

Let's hope you don't fall asleep when carrying riders.
Lol,never fall asleep and make a fool of myself at the airport.Like the Uber drivers i stated a while back on Toorak Rd And malvern rd falling asleep in their cars.I approach and they are stretched out ,drivers seat laid right back,and something bolging from their trousers or quilts? cant remember,all i noticed something stick out and saluting in a very private area,LOL

Apollo

Lol,never fall asleep and make a fool of myself at the airport.Like the Uber drivers i stated a while back on Toorak Rd And malvern rd falling asleep in their cars.I approach and they are stretched out ,drivers seat laid right back,and something bolging from their trousers or quilts? cant remember,all i noticed something stick out and saluting in a very private area,LOL
It's common sense George.If your tired don't drive.I have nearly been collected, by greedy tired ant's on Smith st Fitzroy multiple times.These cowboy ant's see nothing but dollar signs.One day they will kill someone.

UberAdam101

If you're tired go home. Stay off the road and don't put any innocent t passengers in danger. If you're in the holding bay you are ready to take passengers, to me this is unacceptable. Serve yourself right.

yogi bear

Jeeze a lot of you are talking rubbish on here.
I mean completely and absolutely wrong in regards to saying a driver shouldn't be sleeping at the rank.

Any good well thought out occupational health and safety advise ever written on dealing with drivers and machine operators would actually say to utilize your downtime to grab a power nap when ever you have the time available.

I've been driving cabs on and off for 25 years and it's quite the norm to grab a sleep out at tulla while waiting on the rank, and all the OHS inductions on the mines I worked on would say the same, if you have down time, or smoko/lunch breaks then use this to have a snooze if need be, and driving uber waiting at tulla rank is the ideal time to have a quick sleep.

Duderx

Jeeze a lot of you are talking rubbish on here.
I mean completely and absolutely wrong in regards to saying a driver shouldn't be sleeping at the rank.

Any good well thought out occupational health and safety advise ever written on dealing with drivers and machine operators would actually say to utilize your downtime to grab a power nap when ever you have the time available.

I've been driving cabs on and off for 25 years and it's quite the norm to grab a sleep out at tulla while waiting on the rank, and all the OHS inductions on the mines I worked on would say the same, if you have down time, or smoko/lunch breaks then use this to have a snooze if need be, and driving uber waiting at tulla rank is the ideal time to have a quick sleep.
Can only agree with Yogi on this one. I often catch '40 winks' ie a 15 min power nap after parking in the shade in a leafy suburb after lunch. Lock the doors, open a window an inch, recline the seat and snooze (leave the app on)! Had one old dear knock on the window a couple of weeks ago checking I hadn't carked it! Bloody hilarious. :-)). Be like the dudes you see in Bali, Thailand, etc, have a nap whenever you can.

Paultl

Can only agree with Yogi on this one. I often catch '40 winks' ie a 15 min power nap after parking in the shade in a leafy suburb after lunch. Lock the doors, open a window an inch, recline the seat and snooze (leave the app on)! Had one old dear knock on the window a couple of weeks ago checking I hadn't carked it! Bloody hilarious. :smiles:). Be like the dudes you see in Bali, Thailand, etc, have a nap whenever you can.
Agree with you both, just because you have a midday nap doesnt mean you havnt slept for 24 hours. Plus what else is there to do if you are crazy enough to wait at the airport for over an hour.

Cornuto

Nothing wrong with a kip, when you need it.. Being in transport for years, if I ever felt a hint of weariness, I'd pull over, safely, for a power nap .
It's the responsible thing to do

UberAdam101

Nothing wrong with a kip, when you need it.. Being in transport for years, if I ever felt a hint of weariness, I'd pull over, safely, for a power nap .
It's the responsible thing to do
Sleep at home. How is being tired and sleepy safe? Justify it all you like. You are putting passengers in danger. You are on your own clock, get home and get rested properly, not rocket science.

Cornuto

Don't need to justify anything.
Common sense
If your tired, take the edge of with a power nap
Its, proven, it works