Airport trips are drying up in my market

ANT 7

I normally do 2-4 a day consistently. This number can be as high as 8-10 counting rematches on a Monday or a Friday.

The last 2 weeks I have been getting about 1 every other day, and just went 2 days without any. :eek:

Nate5Star

Driving overnight here, last ride of every morning for months was to Newark Airport.
Have not had a single airport run in 10 days.

However. . .

Each night I get in the car, let it warm up, turn on the app, get a ping to Newark Airport Terminal C International Pickup.
I live 25-30 minutes away from airport.
I have never done an airport pickup, only drop offs.
Not starting now.

mbd

Pax said, “70% of the plane was empty” Monterrey to DFW. Domestic flight mostly packed, but some empty seats.
He did mention “ if you want hot female action, go to Monterrey”.

Steven Ambrose

I was getting airport trips, but I also adjusted the times I drove, so I am seeing them less.

On a related note, I hear airlines are getting sucker punched by less travelers and they are blaming it on coronavirus. They are not lowering fares, they are just decreasing the number of flights, hence they are increasing fares.

I am no expert on this, but that is just what I heard recently in the news. Whether or not one has a correlation to what you are talking about, I don't know. Maybe someone more educated on this topic can expound further.

goneubering

I normally do 2-4 a day consistently. This number can be as high as 8-10 counting rematches on a Monday or a Friday.

The last 2 weeks I have been getting about 1 every other day, and just went 2 days without any. :eek:
I expect most airports are like this. The news tonight said airlines are predicted to lose a ton of revenue.

tohunt4me

Airlines are Dying.
But
Its affecting trains also !

New York to D.C. LINE OF AMTRACK HAS BEEN CANCELED !
FOR NOW.

LETS HOPE THE AIRLINES SURVIVE THIS !

IN FACT
LETS HOPE UBER SURVIVES THIS.

DELIVER GROCERIES, FOOD & PRESCRIPTIONS IF PEOPLE QUIT TRAVELLING.

LADryver

I was getting airport trips, but I also adjusted the times I drove, so I am seeing them less.

On a related note, I hear airlines are getting sucker punched by less travelers and they are blaming it on coronavirus. They are not lowering fares, they are just decreasing the number of flights, hence they are increasing fares.

I am no expert on this, but that is just what I heard recently in the news. Whether or not one has a correlation to what you are talking about, I don't know. Maybe someone more educated on this topic can expound further.
Airlines schedule according to demand for the route, with enough planes to get their share of those traveling and as few as to make a profit. It costs about 30k or more to service the plane with fuel and they have to pay the ground staff. Airports charge them for landing and takeoff, and then the use of the gates. When fewer passengers fly they are profit-challenged and adjust the schedule to retain profitability. The fares may stay the same and are unlikely to increase. If anything they make less money overall but avoid losses associated with underbooked flights.