Uber Drivers Forum banner

Airport touting

2K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  KissMyHybrid 
#1 ·
Wondering if it is legal for the VHA/C drivers do tout at the airport ??

#16 ·
Check Melbourne Airport Landside Driver Authority(LDA), Terms and Conditions 4(d).

"""
(d) You must not Tout (or use Spotters to assist in Touting) for the provision of a Commercial Vehicle Service to a member of the public.
"""

View attachment 328081
Total rubbish
Go in the terminal and see for yourself, airport staff ask you for airport accreditation and leave you to tout, no accreditation = a warning of a possible fine.
Read 4a you must comply to the rules meaning have airport accreditation on you

#24 ·
Well as you don't have airport accreditation and you're not a member of any Transportation association you would have no idea, Rob Barton MP is trying to make touting in Victoria and the airport illegal again, so the question I ask you is why would a sitting MP want to make touting illegal?
Answer is because it's legal to tout ATM
OK, don't get your knickers in a knot. :smiles: I couldn't give a flying duck if is legal, illegal or otherwise. I'm hardly going to be hanging out at Tulla touting for a fare am I?

I'm just here for the comedy.

#31 ·
Perhaps it is a case of the CPV regulations being out of sync with the those of the airport...

This is from the melbourne airport web page

Vehicle Motor vehicle Font Wheel Automotive tire

And this is from the Melbourne Airport Agreed Method of Operation that we (rideshare drivers) all sign up to in order to be able to do pickups

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Web page

And, finally, this is an extract of the T's & C's from the current Application for a Landslide Driver Authority from the Melbourne Airport Website

Font Document Parallel Symmetry Number

I guess if you are Joe Blogs who hasn't signed up to the Agreed Method of Operation or the holder of a Landside Driver Authority then touting for a passenger may be legal. But, if you have agreed to either of those sets of T's & C's the airport would seem to be saying that you can't do it.

Left hand meet Right hand :rolleyes:

#33 ·
For all the know all’s here, visit building 219 and ask the following question
If I get my airport accreditation can I run my business within the airport and tout. The friendly staff will advise you yes you can providing you carry the correct ID with you otherwise you will be ask to leave the terminal area.

#34 ·
For all the know all's here, visit building 219 and ask the following question
If I get my airport accreditation can I run my business within the airport and tout. The friendly staff will advise you yes you can providing you carry the correct ID with you otherwise you will be ask to leave the terminal area.
Is Building 219 in the notorious Area 51?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.