Airport today

Sweitzeram

Got a message from uber saying there were zero cars waiting at the staging lots today... I was literally a 1/4 mile away from the east lot when the message came through so I decided to head over. At least 30 cars waiting and sat around for 20 minutes to finally get a ping that wasn't even from the airport! Ended up being a trip to the airport for $2.56 from the Hilton off University. Thanks uber.

Sweitzeram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep.. Pretty clear what they are doing. They want to over saturate the airport to make sure they don't lose any pax not willing to wait more than a couple minutes to a taxi.. Even if that's at the expense of flat out lying to their "partners".

SEAL Team 5

I ignore any and all correspondence from Goober.

It's never beneficial because they're sending it out to the other 5,000 dummies on the road as well. Lol
Speaking of dummies, I'm at baggage claim in Term 4 waiting on my clan to get here and the monitors on the carousels are advertising for Uber X. Now I'm thinking to myself, 4 people @ baggage claim (not just carry on). How the hell will they fit in the majority of X vehicles. What I've seen most of the time is that X drivers use a vehicle that would be hard pressed to fit a 12 pack in their trunk much less 4 checked and 4 carry on bags.

yoyodyne

Speaking of dummies, I'm at baggage claim in Term 4 waiting on my clan to get here and the monitors on the carousels are advertising for Uber X. Now I'm thinking to myself, 4 people @ baggage claim (not just carry on). How the hell will they fit in the majority of X vehicles. What I've seen most of the time is that X drivers use a vehicle that would be hard pressed to fit a 12 pack in their trunk much less 4 checked and 4 carry on bags.
4 checked bags AND 4 checked golf clubs would be awesome. And then they'd blame the X driver for their car being an X vehicle. Cheap SOB's. Taxis can have the airport, as far as I'm concerned.

yoyodyne

Got a message from uber saying there were zero cars waiting at the staging lots today... I was literally a 1/4 mile away from the east lot when the message came through so I decided to head over. At least 30 cars waiting and sat around for 20 minutes to finally get a ping that wasn't even from the airport! Ended up being a trip to the airport for $2.56 from the Hilton off University. Thanks uber.
Attn: Uber
"Phoenix Waiting Lot - West" is not an Upcoming Event

SEAL Team 5

This is how pathetic Uber is. The Airport Hilton has a free shuttle to all the terminals and rental car lot. The pax know that Uber is so cheap that they don't mind paying in lieu of a free ride. The pax would of probably tipped the shuttle driver $5.

Jdemonto

I worked the Airport yesterday for a great ride down there $23. Got a great ride out of there $23. I ended getting other rides and a ride back down after a bit for $26. Then I lost 3 hrs of shit $3-7 rides. Then got another $24 ride to the four seasons.

You know how bad it is when your excited about a $24 ride. That's horrible that's peanuts!
I guess there's always that chance of a Tucson ride!

backstreets-trans

Are you shi**ing me? Sky Harbor to The Four Seasons for only $24? That's well over 30 miles. It's over a 1700 ft elevation change. My peeps just hand me at least $100 every time.
Holy crap $24 to the four seasons. Hell that's cheap. These people are paying $24 for literally two cokes out the mini frig when they stay at the four seasons. It's $80 in a cab. I know certain uber drivers are dead heading back to the airport after dropping off too. These rates are just insane. No wonder lyft is thinking about closing up shop or going up for sale. You can't run a business by giving away your services and then expecting your drivers to work at a loss.

Kaliman

I worked the Airport yesterday for a great ride down there $23. Got a great ride out of there $23. I ended getting other rides and a ride back down after a bit for $26. Then I lost 3 hrs of shit $3-7 rides. Then got another $24 ride to the four seasons.

You know how bad it is when your excited about a $24 ride. That's horrible that's peanuts!
I guess there's always that chance of a Tucson ride!
This is why I mostly drive surge only. Of course during the summer months I work very little (8 hours per week at most) and make little $, but I feel cheated when I only get paid $24 on such a long ride.

backstreets-trans

Yeah, we just sit around for days hoping someone will call for a ride but no one ever does. Do you really believe that?
The new uber drivers always bash on the cabbies until reality sets in and they realize their operating costs are a lot more then just gas. I drive both but I prefer driving the cab because my costs are known and fixed. I have no idea what I make driving uber because expenses aren't known until they happen. I do know I owe $21,000 on a 2015 prius with 70,000 miles. That's not good but I can thank uber and veyo for lowering the rates after my purchase. I'll take $15/hr in a cab and be happy.