• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport Tip For Newbies

LoveHateThisJob

I think other veteran Uber/Lyft drivers know this "secret"already. But since I'm retiring very soon here it is..........

When you drive to SFO to drop off, makes sure you go Terminal to Terminal and do not turn left....Go T1 to T2 to T3

I have found that this goes a ton faster, and the passenger is usually pretty happy with it. Maybe a tip?

Overall, I just want to help everyone, and the more people that know this, the faster traffic may move at SFO!

dragnet

That's an interesting idea. Often if departures looks jammed up as I come down the ramp I ask the pax if they'd like to be dropped on the arrivals level. It's quiet as hell down there.

seymour

I think other veteran Uber/Lyft drivers know this "secret"already. But since I'm retiring very soon here it is..........

When you drive to SFO to drop off, makes sure you go Terminal to Terminal and do not turn left....Go T1 to T2 to T3

I have found that this goes a ton faster, and the passenger is usually pretty happy with it. Maybe a tip?

Overall, I just want to help everyone, and the more people that know this, the faster traffic may move at SFO!
This often does work but it can be clogged as @@@@ just as you enter terminal 2. I've also had pax freak out, thinking you are going to the wrong terminal(cuz some don't know they are all connected) so always let em know what you are doing and why. Come June 1st, it won't matter as we are all going to the Pool deck. LOL - that place is gonna be a fricking zoo.

I think if you order Select you should expect to be picked up, right at the terminal. Maybe XL too? This is going to be a complete mess come June 1st. What a disaster!

Last edited by a moderator:

lighthouse

Haha I always laugh when I see people stuck going to terminal 3 but it would be useless if everyone passed there.

I often drop passengers in the 5th floor and tell them how to get to their terminal, walk through the catwalk and take the elevator to the 3rd floor that’s departures level, and often I get a tip, it’s faster than going through terminals

SanFranant

Haha wow please dlnt share anymore secrets

jonsnownothing

Yup, good advice. Sometimes it's faster for pax to get drop off at T1 and walk to T2. They'll appreciate this.

New-Member

Also newbies, always 5* every rider, so you don't get revenge ratings back off them. f Uber's games. If they want to have ratings then make pax rate within 10 mins of ride ending, or auto 5*.
Also, work the outer Sunset & Richmond districts weekend nights, you'll be amazed at what you can earn.

Workerant18

I often drop passengers in the 5th floor and tell them how to get to their terminal, walk through the catwalk and take the elevator to the 3rd floor that’s departures level, and often I get a tip, it’s faster than going through terminals
I do the same thing with bay bridge traffic. I drop pax at Bart station tell them to take Bart instead , faster that way. I got tips like couple time for doing that.

DaFu

Also newbies, always 5* every rider, so you don't get revenge ratings back off them. f Uber's games. If they want to have ratings then make pax rate within 10 mins of ride ending, or auto 5*.
Also, work the outer Sunset & Richmond districts weekend nights, you'll be amazed at what you can earn.
Even though you 5* a rider that spits in your face or disrespects you, he/she will still 1* you anyways and laugh at you for 5* them. You are def a very newbie or a person with very low IQ. I live in the outer richmond, no bar surge here but plenty of base rides all you want. Keep your tips to yourself. Don't set up another newbie ant for failure.

The Christian driver

What about if traffic is backed up on the ramp.. I know trick to by pass the ramp and get to terminal 1..