Airport ticket?

SoxFan79

So seeing people pulled over and talking to someone in the lot:

What happens if you get a ticket? Guy I talked to said he got one, but he (and I) only work for Lyft.
He said he got a warning but only Lyft pays the fine? How does that work? Even he wasn't sure what he had to do.

Does Lyft pay the fine for you?
Just wondering in case anything happens to me.

AuxCordBoston

What happens if you get a ticket? Guy I talked to said he got one, but he (and I) only work for Lyft.
He said he got a warning but only Lyft pays the fine? How does that work? Even he wasn't sure what he had to do.

You pay the fine

john1975

I believe it’s automatically deducted from your pay.

Goodellsux

What kind of ticket? Traffic ticket or breaking tnc rules?

If you break tnc rules, you pay for it, either by yourself or they get it from the tnc company and they take it from your earnings. No one here has admitted to getting a ticket, so not sure what the procedure is.

Jaackil

Here is where your confusion is. If you get a ticket from Massport They charge Uber or Lyft directly then Lyft of uber deducts it from your earnings. So yes they do pay it but it comes out of your pay. This guarantees Massport gets paid. But make no mistake it comes out of your pocket. Also there is no appeal process for tickets and fines in the Logan property from Massport.

Kos

Well, 4 months ago i got a big $700 ticket from the under cover cop at the old queue. He gave me a ticket for $500 for not having My background clearance on a hardcopy. At that time i only had it on my phone but he refused that. And $200 was for uber sticker, i had my stickers on but my rear sticker was inside out.

So far I don’t see any money taken out from myUber or lyft account. But if I do get charged for this I will hire a lawyer and fight this ticket,because there was no Reason for him to give me a ticket for not having a hardcopy. At that time Uber told us to save the background check on our phone and when authorities ask we can show it. They never said we need it on a paper.

Last edited:

AuxCordBoston

Well, 4 months ago i got a big $700 ticket from the under cover cop at the old queue. He gave me a ticket for $500 for not having My background clearance on a hardcopy. At that time i only had it on my phone but he refused that. And $200 was for uber sticker, i had my stickers on but my rear sticker was inside out.

So far I don’t see any money taken out from myUber or lyft account. But if I do get charged for this I will hire a lawyer and fight this ticket,because there was no Reason for him to give me a ticket for not having a hardcopy. At that time Uber told us to save the background check on our phone and when authorities ask we can show it. They never said we need it on a paper.

Any idea why the ticket was written but no money was taken out? Did you get a copy of the ticket?
Post automatically merged:

Any idea why the ticket was written but no money was taken out? Did you get a copy of the ticket?

Sammy4u

Well as I had mentioned in another thread few months ago.. I had received a $100 ticket from Massport employee when we were at the old lot near the limo pool and i had been to the limo pool restroom and was away from my car for like 12 minutes.. Well that money was never deducted form my account.. I am guessing that ticket was lost or not filed by the employee.. and I am not complaining.. After that i found the trick to get blocked/banned from the logan.. So i dont get rides to and from logan..

AuxCordBoston

Well as I had mentioned in another thread few months ago.. I had received a $100 ticket from Massport employee when we were at the old lot near the limo pool and i had been to the limo pool restroom and was away from my car for like 12 minutes.. Well that money was never deducted form my account.. I am guessing that ticket was lost or not filed by the employee.. and I am not complaining.. After that i found the trick to get blocked/banned from the logan.. So i dont get rides to and from logan..
Do you want to share the trick?

Kos

Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• 1A86226C-D059-4A29-B781-B339C93EC940.png
    1A86226C-D059-4A29-B781-B339C93EC940.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 82

Shmo313

That's crazy cause it says nowhere that we need a hard copy. It was always told to us that a digital copy is enough. I've never printed it out and still just have it in my email I can pull up whenever.

Goodellsux

That's crazy cause it says nowhere that we need a hard copy. It was always told to us that a digital copy is enough. I've never printed it out and still just have it in my email I can pull up whenever.
Why wouldn’t you print a copy and have it available, just in case LE or massport insists on seeing a hard copy? Could save aggravation and a “discussion” that may not end in your favor.

I prefer to have a hard copy in order to avoid getting a $500 ticket that may or may not be deducted from earnings at some point. Doesn’t matter if you are technically correct or not.

bostonwolf

Better safe than sorry. Print one and stick it in your glove box

leosc

Did uber ban you from getting trips at airport for this ticket?