• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport surging all the time?

Kozmo91

Is it just me or has DTW been surging a lot more than usual. With the flat surge they give us an extra $6.00 or so and Uber knows most airport runs are over 10 miles so they make a lot more. Why don't they just raise Detroit Uber rates to Ann Arbor Uber rates and let us make better money.

UofMDriver

Is it just me or has DTW been surging a lot more than usual. With the flat surge they give us an extra $6.00 or so and Uber knows most airport runs are over 10 miles so they make a lot more. Why don't they just raise Detroit Uber rates to Ann Arbor Uber rates and let us make better money.
Because Uber wants better money. Drivers are the tools they use to get that money.

Rose511

The surge is gone you may make a couple extra dollars every blue moon but it is not driving to the airport.

shirleyujest

The surge is gone you may make a couple extra dollars every blue moon but it is not driving to the airport.
I only do airport pickups if I've just driven someone to the airport. And we get thrown into the queu to be ahead in line if we've just dropped someone off.

Rose511

I agree. The airport is a huge waste of time unless you are already there. It’s not close to my house and lately there are 80 to 90 drivers there so it’s a NO for me too. Do you still go downtown to work concerts or sporting events? Do you find that it’s a waste of time because there are so many drivers now and tips are almost nonexistent? I try not to drive long distances for events because the surge is gone and it depleted my gas too quickly..also, I run both apps but find that MOST people don’t tip...
No matter how nice you are...I even put up at tip sign....it helps sometimes but most of the time I don’t think it makes a big difference
Post automatically merged:

I used to work Chicago when I lived there. The only part I miss is that the rides were soooooo close together and usually back to back with no wait time. I find it’s much harder to get that here in metro Detroit. I know the demand is not as high here as Chicago but I also think there are way too many drivers...even though I still have some passengers that say they can never get a lyft or Uber in their area or they say they have to wait for 15 minutes, 30 minutes...etc