Airport Shenanigans II

BadYota

I’ve noticed that it only works 25% of the time. The other time, I’ll drive there and circle around and nothing! Also, I tried waiting just around the bend near the overpass for 30 minutes and I’ve concluded that if the ping doesn’t come in on the way there then it will never come. You just have to drive back to the waiting lot. Anybody else get this at the airport? Do you drive toward the pickup?

Attachments

Dmac1212

Never accept that. I even called and some dumb @@@@er told me to go back and log off then log on and you will go back to 1-5 which was bs. I can't stand uber driver support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jctbay

I’ve noticed that it only works 25% of the time. The other time, I’ll drive there and circle around and nothing! Also, I tried waiting just around the bend near the overpass for 30 minutes and I’ve concluded that if the ping doesn’t come in on the way there then it will never come. You just have to drive back to the waiting lot. Anybody else get this at the airport? Do you drive toward the pickup?
At worst it's been a 50%. I was amazed. Somewhere along the access road before Ruby Tuesdays I would pull off into a parking lot, get out and stretch, ping.. I hit 70%+ twice. I would reset after 10 airport trips. Some weeks it would take 5 days, sometimes 2-3 weeks. Jax Beach area in my opinion seems to be the best. Comfort pickup at Sheraton, ping on the way back to Courtyard...twice my last 2 months driving I went to the waiting lot, ate something and said the usual F this sheet and either between BJ's and the bridge or once 1/2 mile after turning right at the Gate station to catch the 295, ping. Lol. It definitely made the day go well. I was Diamond, honestly think it matters. When I was bouncing back and forth between Blue and Diamond because of cancellation and acceptance rates I noticed call backs were slim and the time I got a ping after departing the query zone I was a blue. Don't recall the other.

Only do Comfort if you can. I missed out on so many Comfort rides for having X still on. Better class of riders, but obviously not perfect. I stopped XL because, f that noise.

Jax is a good place to do Rideshare if you simply learn a few tricks nobody will tell you. I did 4 days in Miami. 2 in Tampa. 1 in Orlando. No thanks.
Jax was a great place to learn about ride share.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty sure that notification is their attempt to keep drivers from lingering. Just don't accept I guess.