1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Airport Share Ride Story

Discussion in 'Stories' started by QueenOfTheDrive, Aug 2, 2018.

1. So I received a pax yesterday that was headed to Newark Airport . And hour drive from where I picked him up ... he told me which terminal he was going to and me never being to the airport I had no clue what he was talking about but I went with it and made it to the airport on time for his flight .... anyways iDecided to check out the ride share location I was told about and all I have to say is WTF !!! 100+ drivers ahead of me then I finally got a ping and I got lost getting to them so they cancelled on me smh .... I was sooo lost so to familiarize myself with the airport I drove around for at least an hour understanding which way to get to each terminal and what not . I personally do not like the wait time in the rideshare area.... it’s just a waist of time sitting there . Maybe if iKnew some of the other drivers and could of held a conversation to pass the time I would of been fine but instead I sat in my car and waited . Eventually I left the airport with no pax and put my destination for home . The rideshare area was not a good experience for my first time being there

Rakos likes this.
  2. It is a good idea to get familiar with any airport you might end up at.
    But never ever the queue if it's that high.
    I'll never do it over 30.

Rakos and QueenOfTheDrive like this.
  3. Im pretty familiar with it now and I will never enter it again if it’s that high

Cableguynoe, Rakos and Wh4tev3r!!!! like this.
  4. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

FYI - when you drop off at the airport, you don't have to go to the rideshare lot. You are put at the front of the queue for a rematch as long as you don't turn off the app. Just loop around until the ping comes. And you are correct, the rideshare lot is horrible. I would never wait there unless its under 10 cars. New construction has made getting around very difficult!! Good Luck!

5. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Rematch doesn't work at some airports...

Rakos
    chimpreading.jpg

rideshare_driver_roc likes this.
  6. cumonohito

cumonohito

Driving:
    UberX
    Good to know this happens here, no need to go to the lot, just hang around until new ping comes along, typically from same terminal or next one up. Me personally, I do not go the lot around my home town (Illinois), but I've had my share of drops off at the terminal from other areas that have been re-matched with a pick up as well without getting in the lot. It is one of the convenience of doing an airport drop off, you are automatically placed at the front of queue. But, as others mentioned, certainly getting familiar with the airport is key in getting in/out easy. Good luck.

Rakos and Wh4tev3r!!!! like this.
  7. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

It works at Newark most of the times within 10 minutes.

Rakos likes this.
  8. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    It is a waste of time. Airport staging lots are frequented by too many underachieving ants who are afraid to venture out into the “unknown.” They make it their “career” only doing familiar terminal pickups from their “safe-space,” and turn off their app and return to the queue after each drop off. You make money when your wheels are turning, so only enter the queue if its low.
    Find some other way to pass time. I learned that many airport ants are like crabs in a bucket; as one crab tries to crawl out the other crabs pull you back in. Grubby, dirty slobs with low I.Q and horrible breath, adorned in flip-flops and stained t-shirts, many of them living in their cars. I cringe knowing they become the “welcoming experience” for some tourist or business person flying into the city for the first time.

9. Butterdog

Butterdog

I wish we had rematch here in my little Podunk airport. The most drivers I've had in front of me is 5 and that's double what it was the same time last year and you'll wait an hour for another ride. If you get pinged outside of the airport the rides are $3-$4 rides max while the airport rides are usually +$10.

Rakos likes this.
  10. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't know about Newark where the OP was. However, here where I live in Houston, you need a city permit to be legal to pick up at IAH or HOU.

I don't have one yet, though I'll get one. Once in a while, the queue at HOU gets down to 12 or 14, which might be doable, depending on the time of day.

Christine

Rakos likes this.
  11. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

There is rematch at Newark. No permits are needed here.

Christinebitg likes this.