• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

AIrport Select Pickups

Apu

New driver here. Approved for Uber Select.

Any luck hanging out in the airport cellphone lot and waiting ofr a rider?

Mars Troll Number 4

do you have commercial insurance (not what uber provides), the City of Orlando permit (Aka the livery permit) and the Airport Permit?

If you answered no to any of these, picking up at the airport (even through the app) can get you trespassed off property. (which is a criminal charge, not a city Ordanance violation (akin to a parking ticket)

https://www.uber.com/drive/orlando/airports/orlando-international-airport/

Per MCO regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation or arrest.

• Currently, only licensed livery partners can pick up riders from airport grounds. Uber takes this regulation very seriously and so should partners—Uber partners are at risk of being arrested if they pick up a passenger from the MCO grounds.
  • All ride pickups must occur in the Express Pickup Tunnel
  • uberX, XL, uberFAMILY, and SELECT partners are all permitted to drop riders off anywhere at the airport
  • Non-permitted partners are not allowed to pick up passengers inside any part of the airport grounds—this includes any airport hotels, businesses, airport terminals, parking lots, or roads contained within the airport grounds
Required documents
  • driver's license
  • driver ID permit
  • commercial vehicle insurance
  • vehicle for hire driving permit
  • V-permit decal (issued by airport)
Don't have all of these documents? Learn how to become eligible by tapping here.

Apu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was of the understanding on the riders app only Uber Select and Uber Black were available at the airport (UberX is grayed out) so therefore it is allowed? I only intend to pick up if I'm summoned through the app

Don't pay attention to this troll he always answer the same bull crap, he just copy and paste all his messages, go to wawa on semoran you will get some rides

Mars Troll Number 4

I was of the understanding on the riders app only Uber Select and Uber Black were available at the airport (UberX is grayed out) so therefore it is allowed? I only intend to pick up if I'm summoned through the app
Your 110% correct.

However what some people do is "move the pin" and order a car and call the driver and tell them and say They are at arrivals or outside baggage claim. This bypasses the restriction. If you accept this ping and go to pick them you can STILL get into trouble. It's an old trick from day 1 of uber and many many people know it.

L

What your not understanding is that you while you are uber select you ar not airport permitted. Uber select cars ar rectangles and airport select cars and pickups are squares.

Another thing you need to learn... unless you jumped through all of the hoops to get airport permited, you STILL CAN GET IN TROUBLE anywher in Orlando or anywhere in Osceola county.

So if code enforcement wanted to, they can ticket you anywher in the city limits and tow your car.

This falls under the catagory of things that uber doesn't tell because they could never possibly get enough drivers onboard following th cities rules to the letter.

And I what I have copy pasted on my this thread is from Uber's own website.

autofill

UberSelect and MCO UberSelect are two different vehicles. Best thing to do if you have questions is to track down one of the MCO UberSelect drivers that's always sitting right outside the airport and talk to them. I'm sure they are sitting there bored to death seeking some company.

IMG_4978.jpg

Shine'ola

don't believe MT4 ? just go to the green light hub and they will tell you that you have to have city and airport permits, in order to have city permits $250, you must be incorporated $100, Orlando business license =annual $30 tax (transportation),have commercial insurance $4,800 average, vehicle inspection $50 , city driver permit $25, criminal background check=$20, that was easy right, now you must go to the GOA airport office, take a free class and put down a $500 deposit on a E pass like transmitter because you get a monthly bill for parking and a fee every time you pick up at the airport. Get in line behind 100 morons that only get about 2 rides a day and camp out in the back lot living in their cars and hanging out to only get the same $1.65 a mile that you get anywhere else for Select in Orlando. I'm going to sign up tomorrow ! and for the dummy that said to go to the Wawa, forget that, you can't even order Select outside of MCO until you get into Winter Park or Conway. Uber hates Select and only offers Select XL inside the airport.

Jurisinceptor

Don't pay attention to this troll he always answer the same bull crap, he just copy and paste all his messages, go to wawa on semoran you will get some rides
Why do you want the new guy to get into trouble? Possibly getting his car impounded and arrested?

Dear APU: without the proper government regulations being followed by you at MCO, the City of Orlando and Osceola County, you will face possible criminal charges. The law is VERY clear.

Ojuice

MEARS seems to control every piece of transportation in MickeyLand! Are they owned by Disney or just paid by Disney? Strange airport rules only airport in Florida like that. Ive driven in Miami, Tallahassee, Gainsville & Tampa. I stay the f away from Mickeyland! too much Mears-Disney-Government Corruption........

#ignoreuberpool

Mars Troll Number 4

MEARS seems to control every piece of transportation in MickeyLand! Are they owned by Disney or just paid by Disney? Strange airport rules only airport in Florida like that. Ive driven in Miami, Tallahassee, Gainsville & Tampa. I stay the f away from Mickeyland! too much Mears-Disney-Government Corruption........

#ignoreuberpool
Let me give you a history/politics lesson on Disney and this area.

These cities are run by disney execs, because virtually no one lives in them.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-disney-cities-20150522-story.html

Disney HAND PICKS, the residents who live there, then they elect the city officials, who are also hand picked by Disney to run the city.

In this way Disney runs itself, the population is so low that the hand picked residents follow the party line as it were. This is entirely legal because with 40 something residents, there's only 1 landowner.

So the Heirachy goes something like this.

Disney (the company)
Disney's hand picked residents
City council

Everyone who lives there agrees to the rules set forth by Disney.

So corruption?

Yes...

Money talks.. BS walks...

Then Disney by accident or design, only allows Mears Taxis to stage on their property...

Mears was the ONLY choice for this when Disney opened it's doors. There was only 1 company in the county doing anything involving transporting people and Mears

Mears pays them mucho mucho for this privelege,

In exchange Disney has an extremely large say in how the company operates.

Disney runs the show and Mears bends over backwards and complies.

About the airport...

In the past Disney operated an airport of it's own.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World_Airport

Orlando... got McCoy Airforce base off the feds and annexed the land between the airbase and the city from orange county, Disney promised to shut down their airport and not expand on the SOLE promise from orange county and Orlando that they would play ball and follow Disney's lead.

Could Orlando Airport thrive without Disney giving up on it's private airport idea?

Could Disney afford to build it's own airport?

Very rarely can one company have this much impact on a city the size of Orlando.

We are all serfs in the Kingdom of the Rat!

Long live the king!

I heard about moving the pin, so I tried that one time when I got back from Vegas and it blocked all texts and calls I made trying to reach the driver. When he got to the car rental place and realized what i was doing he called and came, but said he never got any calls or texts. That was last february.

Your 110% correct.

However what some people do is "move the pin" and order a car and call the driver and tell them and say They are at arrivals or outside baggage claim. This bypasses the restriction. If you accept this ping and go to pick them you can STILL get into trouble. It's an old trick from day 1 of uber and many many people know it.

L

What your not understanding is that you while you are uber select you ar not airport permitted. Uber select cars ar rectangles and airport select cars and pickups are squares.

Another thing you need to learn... unless you jumped through all of the hoops to get airport permited, you STILL CAN GET IN TROUBLE anywher in Orlando or anywhere in Osceola county.

So if code enforcement wanted to, they can ticket you anywher in the city limits and tow your car.

This falls under the catagory of things that uber doesn't tell because they could never possibly get enough drivers onboard following th cities rules to the letter.

And I what I have copy pasted on my this thread is from Uber's own website.

Mars Troll Number 4

I heard about moving the pin, so I tried that one time when I got back from Vegas and it blocked all texts and calls I made trying to reach the driver. When he got to the car rental place and realized what i was doing he called and came, but said he never got any calls or texts. That was last february.
I'm mentioning this because... just because you have something on your waybill, it doesn't mean that you have authorization to pick someone up. And you can still get in trouble, and if you get a ping near the airport and the customer wants you to pick them up from the airport, you need to just cancel on the spot.

2Cents

I'm mentioning this because... just because you have something on your waybill, it doesn't mean that you have authorization to pick someone up. And you can still get in trouble, and if you get a ping near the airport and the customer wants you to pick them up from the airport, you need to just cancel on the spot.
Best thing to do is have them cancel or tell them they have 5 minutes to show up at the pin from the time you get there. If not cancel and move on. Is it in your benefit to break the law for the benefit of the passenger?
Not in this market.

UberMagicMan

If you want an offsite X pax. IMHO it's better than DH, and GOAA doesn't seem to care.

I'll take any bone they throw my way. Sometimes it's a nearby pax going to MCO which usually=tip.

Speaking of tips, take the cargo road in and out coming and going west. Saves me an easy $2.50 every time.