Uber Drivers Forum banner

Airport Runs

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jjkhawaiian 
#1 ·
Often times I'll find myself getting a ping from town right before rush hour headed to the airport. I'm not legal, so I don't want to take a chance picking up there.

Question is, what do you other Jax drivers do after an airport run? Do yo relocate? Lately I'll go sit at the River City mall and wait, but that seems to be very hit or miss.

Appreciate any advice.

#2 ·
If you are not going to join the other 10 Uber X Cars waiting in the lot along with the 5XL's and 5Black Cars - your best bet is to hightail it back to downtown or a residential area so you can pick up another passenger. Uber X rides in that area that are not related to the airport are usually Walmart Shopping Calls - I caution you to avoid those & keep on driving.

#3 ·
What she said. If youre not on the west side of 95 you wont get a ping to pick up at the airport.. Airport pick ups are to long of a wait anyway. I don't even venture that way if the wait time is showing more than 4 to 14 minutes. You could be in that lot an hour still waiting on a ride.

#6 ·
I hesitate to ask this question as I really don't want to get into a big debate on this. I just want to get a question I have clarified. Based on the JIA website you need to be "legal" to wait in the shuttle or cab line at baggage claim. It also goes on to say you can pre arrange off property transportation to come and pick you up. If I'm correct that would include Uber? If I'm wrong feel free to tell me. I really don't want to get into a big debate on this. Just trying to understand the facts.

#9 ·
Do not wait in the terminal area for any reason, especially in taxi/limo lanes. You don't belong there and may get cited and towed.
I wait on Pecan Park waiting area, as mentioned by someone. Refer to flyjax airport website to see the arrival schedule. Going by the queue is a joke.
If you get a ping for pickup, be quick, pick up and go. Also notify your pax you're coming and where to meet and what you're driving, already mentioned before.

#7 ·
I have yet to have an issue at the airport but I wait at the courtesy waiting lot on pecan park which is where we should be. I get s ping to pick up at baggage claim A or B and all goes well. When I do get s request I will text the rider immediately stating what color vehicle I am in and that I am on the way. This has been successful for me. Yesterday I did two trips from the airport at a total of $85 plus a $15 tips so I made $100 on two trips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.