Airport runs ONLY strategy prospect

sirdoss

Hey everyone,
I was wondering whether during daytime Airport runs ony strategy is a winning strategy.
I.e. Get to ORD or MDW wait in queue. Get back to the queue after completing all trips or use Destination trips to get close to the airports. Repeat for 6 hours approx.
Or if there's any other smarter way to do it...
Anyone here does "airport runs only" ?
I live in the city (bronzeville) but in daytime at 11am its hard to get trips

driving312

Airport run price ÷
((Airport run travel time x 2)+ (gas x 2)
+ Waiting in the pits) = you'd have to be an idiot to consider that.
And an idiot to not be able to hustle better jobs elsewhere.

Lazy people lol.

Last edited:

ChiUberDude

Here we go...

I’ll try and give a constructive response before all of the haters chime in. I’ve asked myself the same questions and the best answer is that you’ll just have to do it yourself and figure out what works best but:

1) You should absolutely be using the DF’s for the airport...not to get home.
2) Chicago is home to many consulting firms who employ analysts who spend 80% of their time traveling on regular schedules...where do you think these people live and when do you think they’re likely to be traveling to and from the airport?
3) Flight data is available in real time free through many resources.
4) Surges at the airport are real and occur if you’re there for a minute to see it...at what times is this most likely to occur?

That is all...good luck!

LoveTheBlues

312 can be abrasive but he's not wrong. Too much dead time and driving around empty. Not to mention that rematch gives preference to drivers dropping pax at airport over those waiting in the queue. Add to that the traffic congestion during some hours that slow that trip way down, ORD can be good to you if played well but as a stand alone strategy, you can't play it well.

NewAge82

Hey everyone,
I was wondering whether during daytime Airport runs ony strategy is a winning strategy.
I.e. Get to ORD or MDW wait in queue. Get back to the queue after completing all trips or use Destination trips to get close to the airports. Repeat for 6 hours approx.
Yes, you can do it & make $75 in 8 hours or you can work the streets & make $75 in 2 to 3 hours with less gas.

leroy jenkins

2) Chicago is home to many consulting firms who employ analysts who spend 80% of their time traveling on regular schedules...where do you think these people live and when do you think they’re likely to be traveling to and from the airport?

half-wild a. guess. Lake-Cook Rd corridor at I-294, Walgreens, Discover, J. Beam, hotels, etc. And a straight shot to ORD

Obviously downtown too. but too many cars downtown + unpredictable traffic.

ChiUberDude

You’re at a disadvantage running an airport only strategy if you’re not running both apps and doing Select and/or XL. In my humble experience an airport only strategy could gross you $200-$300 per day consistently but too often you will have to spend 14-16 hours in a day and a lot of gas getting to that point. You will also burn a lot of your 10 hour city driving waiting in the pit so you will need rides from the airport that go outside of the city limits to insure you make money...if you’re single and don’t have kids and don’t mind spending 70% of the day in your car then go for it...or apply an “airport-centric” strategy as I do and figure out what else you need to do to make your loot.

half-wild a. guess. Lake-Cook Rd corridor at I-294, Walgreens, Discover, J. Beam, hotels, etc. And a straight shot to ORD

You know it!...after 2-3 pm on Thursday and all day Friday it’s go time....the best is when they’re headed to Midway from there...that’s a nice fare...throw in Oak Brook and the area in Schaumburg around the Renaissance Convention Center....but...

The most consistent and reliable source of airport runs along with the surge is and will always be downtown in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Greg1973

Hey everyone,

It's a profitable strategy for gas stations and car mechanics

sirdoss

Very good idea. I didn't know about this... thanks for your input

Here we go...

I’ll try and give a constructive response before all of the haters chime in. I’ve asked myself the same questions and the best answer is that you’ll just have to do it yourself and figure out what works best but:

1) You should absolutely be using the DF’s for the airport...not to get home.
3) Flight data is available in real time free through many resources.
4) Surges at the airport are real and occur if you’re there for a minute to see it...at what times is this most likely to occur?

That is all...good luck!
Yes. I typically never wait at the airport without looking at arrivals especially at mdw. And almost only drive at night starting 5pm. I tried during the day and it gets slow...
Your analysis is spot on some research into those patterns will help

Mr Jinx

Yes, you can do it & make $75 in 8 hours or you can work the streets & make $75 in 2 to 3 hours with less gas.
This Sunday I had a 2.2 from the loop to Ohare took about 45 mins got an auto ping right away with a 1.4 surge to River North, took about 35 mins with traffic. $53 on the way there and $32 on the way back. $85 for 1 15-20 mins. Not to shabby.

quesie

Hey everyone,
NO! The only time airports are worth it is with a rematch or POSSIBLY on Thursday when consultants and sales people are coming back.

DancingBear

Without disputing the foregoing, consultants work anywhere and everywhere. Many certainly use Metra and the airports.
Oakbrook corridor, Naperville, Schaumburg come to mind. Heck, business clusters and strips are everywhere.

UberBeemer

Hey everyone,
My opinion is, the key to this business is keepi g the back seat warm. And i dont mean taking naps in back.

If you don't get a rematch at the terminal, head out. From ORD, hit manheim or higgins or river road. You will get pinged before long.

DrinkSoda

Do not forget Monday mornings when it comes to the airports. Downside is you have to be on the road before 6am. Upside is many such trips when originating out of downtown are on surge.

Kaleb379

Airport trip and rematch... not that much money made...1 hour for $33

Attachments

• E0093BDB-D928-4933-AB74-1C047FA4967E.png
    E0093BDB-D928-4933-AB74-1C047FA4967E.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 506AB241-9C2C-4656-8FF2-51F8019B5EE5.png
    506AB241-9C2C-4656-8FF2-51F8019B5EE5.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 93