Airport ride document requirements

mags2K

Across Uber forums they mention that carrying the vehicle inspection report is a requirement for Airport rides in Chicago. However, the Uber driver app does not display any images of the applicable documents (License, Insurance, Inspection, etc.) but just the validity dates. Of course one is legally required to carry the documents related to license, insurance, registration. However, Uber did not give any Vehicle inspection report except that they said the vehicle passed the inspection. Is this consistent with your experience or did i miss getting a physical inspection report? Thanks.

Whatevs

Across Uber forums they mention that carrying the vehicle inspection report is a requirement for Airport rides in Chicago. However, the Uber driver app does not display any images of the applicable documents (License, Insurance, Inspection, etc.) but just the validity dates. Of course one is legally required to carry the documents related to license, insurance, registration. However, Uber did not give any Vehicle inspection report except that they said the vehicle passed the inspection. Is this consistent with your experience or did i miss getting a physical inspection report? Thanks.
They took a picture of mine and uploaded it to the Uber site and gave me back the original.

Zuber7

They would only give me a blank one, a blank printed picture of one at that...they said it passed but i had to fill in the check boxes and vin etc. with a pen :confused:

mags2K

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To further clarify, the process is slightly different where the vehicle I nspection is done. If it's done at a partner location such as Firestone in Chicago the driver gets the endorsed physical copy which he/she uploads to the Uber account. However if the inspection is done at a Uber Greenlight location they handle all the forms and test results directly online. In the Chicago area Greenlight hub I asked for the report and they merely told me a paper copy is not required and that the status will get reflected in the System.

Whatevs

To further clarify, the process is slightly different where the vehicle I nspection is done. If it's done at a partner location such as Firestone in Chicago the driver gets the endorsed physical copy which he/she uploads to the Uber account. However if the inspection is done at a Uber Greenlight location they handle all the forms and test results directly online. In the Chicago area Greenlight hub I asked for the report and they merely told me a paper copy is not required and that the status will get reflected in the System.
I had mine done at the North Avenue Greenlight Hub and they gave me the original back.

Zap

I had my mid-year inspection @ the North Ave office. I didn't get a hard copy either. I emailed support with the inspection date & my need for a hard copy to comply with city ordinance. They emailed back with the link to the online copy.

mags2K

Ok. I am quite convinced that the associate goofed up in my case! What would be the best / quickest way to get this resolved? I don't see any phone numbers for the Green light locations and the nearest one is an hour's drive!

LoveTheBlues

I always use my neighborhood Jiffy Lube and they just give me the completed original that I upload to Uber and I keep a copy of the original in my glove box and the original in my Uber file. If you don't have your original, I would try customer service to see if they can access a copy for you. Perhaps sounding panicked and telling them you've been cited and need a copy for your court appearance to show you had a valid inspection will help. It's a long-shot but who knows. Until you have it I would avoid areas where the risk of being checked is higher (airports, McCormick, Navy Pier, Loop).

Ok. I am quite convinced that the associate goofed up in my case! What would be the best / quickest way to get this resolved? I don't see any phone numbers for the Green light locations and the nearest one is an hour's drive!
There is a phone link under help in your Uber app. That is new,

Andretti

I'll add my experience:

Greenlight Hub gave me my hard copy, and uploaded a picture of it to my account where it can be accessed via the app.

Forrres

Yes...click waybill under "account" and scroll to bottom for picture of uploaded Raiser Vehicle Inspection Form. Pretty handy actually in a pinch.

mags2K

Yes! I can confirm that the Raiser Vehicle Inspection form is available under the Waybill link in the driver app after a ride confirmation. So it appears that the waybill link itself will get activated only after a trip confirmation. To play it safe, for those who didn't receive the inspection form the best option would be to reach Customer service first before booking their first ride.

Forrres

Yes! I can confirm that the Raiser Vehicle Inspection form is available under the Waybill link in the driver app after a ride confirmation. So it appears that the waybill link itself will get activated only after a trip confirmation. To play it safe, for those who didn't receive the inspection form the best option would be to reach Customer service first before booking their first ride.
You don't have to wait for a ride. Bottom of app..left to right...Home - Earnings - Ratings - ACCOUNT. Click Account...click waybill..scroll to bottom :smiles:

Jinxstone

I get my inspection done at Jiffy Lube so I get the original back and keep It in my glove box. I've only been asked for it once (at the O'Hare pit). My understanding is that it's supposed to be kept in your glove box. If that's the regulation then it doesn't matter what Uber tells you. The only opinion that counts is the City of Chicago's. Print it out and keep a copy in the glove box.

WestBurbsMac

I get my inspection done at Jiffy Lube so I get the original back and keep It in my glove box. I've only been asked for it once (at the O'Hare pit). My understanding is that it's supposed to be kept in your glove box. If that's the regulation then it doesn't matter what Uber tells you. The only opinion that counts is the City of Chicago's. Print it out and keep a copy in the glove box.
That's my understanding as well. Kind of like a right turn to terminal 5. :wink: