• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport request from a bus.

ZenUber

I drop someone off at airport departures, and get a rematch. I’m on my way around to the arrivals lane, when I start getting texts from the guy. He says he’s on the enterprise bus, and on his way over. Then another text - “on my way”. Then a third - “be there soon”. So I’m thinking he knows I might not wait for him. I’m supposed to pick him up under the A1 sign, and I’m wondering which one of us will get there first.

I pull up to an open spot right under the A1 sign. There’s an Enterprise bus in front of me but it doesn’t stop. I don’t see any buses behind me so I send out my “I have arrived” text. Then I start getting more texts from him. “Coming around now.” “Be there soon.” He still has time on the timer, and at least he is communicating, although I notice he hasn’t said the word “sorry” in any of his texts. I’m watching but I still don’t see any enterprise buses. Then I get a text saing “getting off the bus now.” I still don’t see any buses! Then he writes, “I don’t see you, where are you?” I check the app to make sure I’m at the right place - yep, it’s A1. I write back saying I’m at A1, that’s where we’re supposed to meet. He writes back that he doesn’t know where that is. I tell him he needs to find it on the map. He says he’s on the other side and working his way over. I’m thinking there are just too many red flags here. He writes “I’m wearing a white tank top.” Unfortunately his timer ran out.

Awwwwe, Snap! I had to cancel. And I so wanted to meet this guy.

But the texts keep coming in from him. Sometimes there is that delay after the cancel. He asks, “can you pull up?” I’m thinking there’s no way I’m driving all the way down the arrivals lane in heavy traffic, looking for some bum in a white tank top, who never should have ordered an uber from a bus in the first place, and doesn’t even know he’s supposed to be at A1. Then he writes again and says he’s struggling with a lot of luggage. And in his final message he says “my pants are falling down.”

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever canceled on a pax, and afterword you get that little sign from them that tells you, you made the right decision?

GreatWhiteHope

I drop someone off at airport departures, and get a rematch. I’m on my way around to the arrivals lane, when I start getting texts from the guy. He says he’s on the enterprise bus, and on his way over. Then another text - “on my way”. Then a third - “be there soon”. So I’m thinking he knows I might not wait for him. I’m supposed to pick him up under the A1 sign, and I’m wondering which one of us will get there first.

I pull up to an open spot right under the A1 sign. There’s an Enterprise bus in front of me but it doesn’t stop. I don’t see any buses behind me so I send out my “I have arrived” text. Then I start getting more texts from him. “Coming around now.” “Be there soon.” He still has time on the timer, and at least he is communicating, although I notice he hasn’t said the word “sorry” in any of his texts. I’m watching but I still don’t see any enterprise buses. Then I get a text saing “getting off the bus now.” I still don’t see any buses! Then he writes, “I don’t see you, where are you?” I check the app to make sure I’m at the right place - yep, it’s A1. I write back saying I’m at A1, that’s where we’re supposed to meet. He writes back that he doesn’t know where that is. I tell him he needs to find it on the map. He says he’s on the other side and working his way over. I’m thinking there are just too many red flags here. He writes “I’m wearing a white tank top.” Unfortunately his timer ran out.

But the texts keep coming in from him. Sometimes there is that delay after the cancel. He asks, “can you pull up?” I’m thinking there’s no way I’m driving all the way down the arrivals lane in heavy traffic, looking for some bum in a white tank top, who never should have ordered an uber from a bus in the first place, and doesn’t even know he’s supposed to be at A1. Then he writes again and says he’s struggling with a lot of luggage. And in his final message he says “my pants are falling down.”

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever canceled on a pax, and afterword you get that little sign from them that tells you, you made the right decision?

That entire conversation was via text?

So bizarre he wouldn’t call u

doyousensehumor

30 texts a sure sign of trouble!

I suppose some pax need assistance with a pictorial based app? ?‍♂ IDK.. I don't offer those services.
Now that you mention it.... I just had one 15 mins ago. I pulled up to a fare. He's at a bus stop outside of gas station. Big beautiful parking lot, yet he chose the curb of a 45mph zone. I pull in parking lot, and he starts to stagger over like a zombie. *cancel*

@@@@ if I know, what that sign was that I made the right decision. I heard him yell back at me "Uber stop!" though ?‍♂

sheonlydrivesdays

Too many communications from a rider is always trouble. A couple of weeks ago I was driving four people but I had accepted the next ping. As soon as I accepted it, the rider is calling me. (side note: riders shouldn't be able to contact us until our current ride is complete)

I explain to my current passengers it's my next rider but I have a policy not the answer the phone while driving. They nodded in an understanding way. Then call #2 comes in from the next rider. I don't pick up. Then call #3! My passengers were like "Just answer it." So I pick up and immediately say the following: "Hi, this is *me* your Uber driver. I am actually still in the middle of another ride and have passengers in my vehicle. I prefer not answering my phone while I have passengers. Is there an emergency you needed to let me know about?"

"Oh hi! We're at the boat just wanted to let you know. We're standing right here by the pick up/drop off lanes."

Mmm hmmm. Just called to tell me where they are. Yes, and I have this clever little computer in my phone that was going to tell me that too once I end my current ride. Oy.

I should have cancelled but didn't. Boy do I regret that. From the minute they got in he was firing questions. "What can you tell us about the history of the island? Why is it called Martha's Vineyard? Who's Martha? What are all the towns on the island? Is there a winery here?" What's the population? That house over there with the construction - what happening with it? What do you think we should do while we're here? Where's the best lobster roll? etc, etc.....

Then the wife, with this screechy, cackling voice yells, "Where do the celebrities live?" I say, "I don't know." And she screeches, "What do you mean you don't know?!?!? How can you not know?!?!?"

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too many communications from a rider is always trouble. A couple of weeks ago I was driving four people but I had accepted the next ping. As soon as I accepted it, the rider is calling me. (side note: riders shouldn't be able to contact us until our current ride is complete)

I explain to my current passengers it's my next rider but I have a policy not the answer the phone while driving. They nodded in an understanding way. Then call #2 comes in from the next rider. I don't pick up. Then call #3! My passengers were like "Just answer it." So I pick up and immediately say the following: "Hi, this is *me* your Uber driver. I am actually still in the middle of another ride and have passengers in my vehicle. I prefer not answering my phone while I have passengers. Is there an emergency you needed to let me know about?"

"Oh hi! We're at the boat just wanted to let you know. We're standing right here by the pick up/drop off lanes."

Mmm hmmm. Just called to tell me where they are. Yes, and I have this clever little computer in my phone that was going to tell me that too once I end my current ride. Oy.

I should have cancelled but didn't. Boy do I regret that. From the minute they got in he was firing questions. "What can you tell us about the history of the island? Why is it called Martha's Vineyard? Who's Martha? What are all the towns on the island? Is there a winery here?" What's the population? That house over there with the construction - what happening with it? What do you think we should do while we're here? Where's the best lobster roll? etc, etc.....

Then the wife, with this screechy, cackling voice yells, "Where do the celebrities live?" I say, "I don't know." And she screeches, "What do you mean you don't know?!?!? How can you not know?!?!?"
I think some of these people must be isolated at home, and never get out of the house.

tohunt4me

Make shit up !

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter

Yup it's annoying when pax expect you to be a tour guide. I try to do the best I can, but I hate it when I recommend a really awesome restaurant and they don't even tip later in the app (which has happened a couple of times at least). They should recognize that it's on a best effort basis.

I think one time early on I was even down rated because some demanding New Yorkers wanted to know the best place for vegan food and I didn't know so I just named a restaurant that I thought had good salads...turned out to be a poor selection given other, much better restaurants I now know.

KK2929

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------
That would be a yes, on the cancellation. I do not like complicated pickups. This guy carried too much drama with him.
At LAX , we cannot wait nor drive around and try to find them. They had better be toes to the curb or I am gone. Pax have played the game of ordering a ride as they depart the plane, so the car will be waiting for them when they walk out of the terminal -- like their limo but they only pay pennies. They learned real quick that that will not work.