1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Airport rematch

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Hans GrUber, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hans GrUber

Hans GrUber Well-Known Member

In the Philadelphia market, we have a feature where uber will rematch you after dropoff rather than placing you in queue. Is that a thing in every major market?

I ask bc I have a theory about an uber ulterior motive.

2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Yes, we have it in SF market.

What's your theory?

3. Spyglass67

Spyglass67 Member

They need this at fort Lauderdale in a hurry...its ridiculously high the queue...sometimes pushing 250+

4. Hans GrUber

My theory is that our uber hub is at the airport, basically. In the past if I had an issue, I'd just wait for a phl trip and then head over afterwards. Now, I am far less likely to do so, meaning I drop whatever theft I need to call them out on.

5. BlueManOC

BlueManOC Member

Ive had it where ive gone to lax dropped off pax and had a match right away even though the que might be half full or not

Also ive seen 90+ que at SNA

6. Cdub2k

Cdub2k Well-Known Member

We have it in New Orleans. It's a nice little perk for those of us who aren't lazy pieces of s**ts who sit at the airport and clog up the queue all day everyday. This is a must needed feature here because the airport can be a good 30-60 minute (traffic related) drive away from the heart of the city. So getting a Rematch back to the city makes it a profitable adventure and it gets you back to where you started with no dead miles.

7. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't think there's any mystery to it. They're trying to discourage cars from sitting in the staging lot for hours on end.

8. warp10

warp10 Member

San Diego - yes. I get a rematch on 90%+ of all airport dropoffs on both uber and lyft (and have never sat in the queue).

9. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Chicago has it. I get rematches about 90 percent of the time.

10. Surgeio

Surgeio Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My market doesn't have rematches, in fact we are not allowed to pickup at the airport. The airport, plus a 1-2 mile halo surrounding it, are geofenced.

Question: If you get a rematch, does that mean you have automatically jumped to the front of the queue? This doesn't seem fair to the drivers who have been waiting in the lot.

11. Hans GrUber

It actually looks like most markets have it from what I read in the forum. It was a fun theory, though.

12. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It doesn't, and isnt. But when the crowd at ORD gets thick, I think the priority shifts to getting riders on their way as fast as possible.

13. Parableman

Parableman Member

The Syracuse airport has no queue, and they don't let us get requests on the airport grounds, so people sit just outside the geofence to wait for requests. If you are dropping someone off, however, it's quite common to get a ping while on the airport grounds, before dropping someone off.

Amoore500 likes this.
  14. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yes we had it in Atlanta with Uber
    Yes we have it here in Dallas with Lyft. I haven't had an Uber airport run yet.

I will never wait in an airport queue.

Its to discourage waiting. They want drivers scattered around town picking up as many pax as possible. They dont make any money having 200 drivers parked at the airport lot for hours .

15. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Drivers dropping off at airports used to get discouraged and not wait in the queue. They would drive back to the city empty. Meanwhile, airport rats would drive to the airport empty.

16. cangold

cangold Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Had a drop off at Tampa airport tonight, decided to get in the queue. Had 20 in front of me w/ Uber. I only waited 15 mins and got a ride out.
    I made a whole $8 & no tip.
    Not going to do that again. I made more driving back to St Petersburg before and I'll do that again.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM
  17. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Without rematch, many drivers would refuse rides to the airport.

18. Jettero

Jettero Member

Not in Las Vegas