Airport queues, not accurate

hydrox

Anyone notice the queues are way off? I've been quoted 3-13 mins. Did a car count (added two extra for the idiots in cell phone waiting). Final count was 7, 3 flights within a 20 min time period and didn't get a ride for almost 40. Did I just get the short stick? Or anyone else notice times are not accurate. Many of times, I've been put in queue, 1-10 mins, and got a ride before I even looped the terminal.

BooKawKey

Uber has no idea when planes are landing and how many people will be using Uber from the plane. They just estimate by the frequency of people getting rides and how many drivers are there. At random o'clock in the morning sometimes I'll be the only one there and it says 60+. Sometimes I'll get a ping in 5 minutes sometimes closer to an hour.

hydrox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always check airport flights. I don't even mess with the airport unless 3 or more flights arrive in a 30 min window.

I never pick up at the airport but do quite a few drop offs and notice alot of times it shows the que on my screen after i drop off, So people dropping off could be altering you actual que time for those waiting to pick up usually i turn off and head back downtown from the airport to avoid this. Not a 100% just a thought it could be effecting your time

Last edited:

luk112875

I have noticed this myself. I started driving with Uber a couple weeks ago and each time I've been to the airport, the queue estimated time is NEVER accurate. The first time, I waited 30 mins when the queue said 1-10 mins, and never received a ping. Then last night, I was at the airport waiting for over an hour when the queue time was showing 20-35 mins. There were flights coming in every 15 mins or so, but no pings. It was very frustrating as I could have been picking up pax in another part of the city, but figured I would give the airport queue a try. Now I will be avoiding the airport.

Magnasty

Odd....I was driving down Michaux on my way to the airport and noticed that I was in the que already. I was just getting onto the exit ramp. When I pulled into the parking lot there were 4-5 cars there, but as soon as I entered, I was pinged for a ride. I too look at the CHS incoming flights before I think about going to the airport.

m1a1mg

Odd....I was driving down Michaux on my way to the airport and noticed that I was in the que already. I was just getting onto the exit ramp. When I pulled into the parking lot there were 4-5 cars there, but as soon as I entered, I was pinged for a ride. I too look at the CHS incoming flights before I think about going to the airport.
You have to look to see if any of the other cars there were premium.

hydrox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The que times now have become more accurate. When it says 30-50 mins, believe it. And add on 15 more mins for the flight that was cancelled or arrived 20 mins ahead of schedule. Uber now has the market flooded with new drivers. It's not worth waiting an hour to get $11 to take someone downtown. Your better off being downtown doing a few short trips for lazy college kids that don't want to walk 3 blocks. Ping after ping. Just sayin....