Airport queue number changes based on ride type preference..and there are multiple interwoven queues

The Gambler

Hung out at the IAD lot and learned some things. I had my ride preference settings set on XL/X/Pool and I was number 7 in the queue. I watched a guy goo from number 36 to number 6, and my queue number didn't change. We both got a ride at the same time. I started to investigate. I looked at the airport queu line later on and it said 11 cars. I then changed my preference to X/Pool only and it said there were 78 cars. I changed it back and the number went back down. I'm guessing there are multiple queues based on what types of rides you are accepting. I am also guessing that the number displayed when you enter the lot is not an accurate representation of how many cars are in front of you. Also, the number you see when you look at how many are there (before you enter) is somewhat random and inaccurate. Uber also counts down drivers numbers at different rates. I sat there for 5 minutes and me and another guy were both on 5. Anybody know exactly how this all works?

To top it off, I got a ride to DC and only collected 25 bucks even though the rider paid 50. Uber sucks. I've never seen so many desperate strung out losers than I have at the IAD lot. Both men and women. Peace out @@@@@es.

-The Gambler

New2This

Frankly seeing a F.H.P. that bragged about fornicating drivers getting fornicated at Dulles Soccer Field makes me think of karma.

images(3).jpg

uberworm

Hung out at the IAD lot and learned some things. I had my ride preference settings set on XL/X/Pool and I was number 7 in the queue. I watched a guy goo from number 36 to number 6, and my queue number didn't change. We both got a ride at the same time. I started to investigate. I looked at the airport queu line later on and it said 11 cars. I then changed my preference to X/Pool only and it said there were 78 cars. I changed it back and the number went back down. I'm guessing there are multiple queues based on what types of rides you are accepting. I am also guessing that the number displayed when you enter the lot is not an accurate representation of how many cars are in front of you. Also, the number you see when you look at how many are there (before you enter) is somewhat random and inaccurate. Uber also counts down drivers numbers at different rates. I sat there for 5 minutes and me and another guy were both on 5. Anybody know exactly how this all works?

To top it off, I got a ride to DC and only collected 25 bucks even though the rider paid 50. Uber sucks. I've never seen so many desperate strung out losers than I have at the IAD lot. Both men and women. Peace out *****es.

-The Gambler

I confirm all this. Was wondering myself for a while but cleared it out after ride preference update. Riders are quite negatively surprised when i explain them that they might pay more just because they live in rich neighborhood and ubers algorithm determined they can.

Pesty

yes you're correct that airports have different queues for different classes.

I can do select only and wait 2.5 hours for a ride.. or take all rides and be out in 10-15 minutes.

The XL/SUV guys tend to wait about 45 minutes on average.

The lyft queue is all class inclusive and with DT filters, you start to get pings when the queue hits 25 cars as everyone in front of you has filters or is running premiere/plus/lux only.

Jo3030

Just be careful, if you let 3 pools in a row timeout, you will be dropped to end of queue.
The odds of getting 3 pools (in a row, at the airport) that will boot you out are low, but just bear that in mind

The Gambler

I think if u accept the airport pool and drive to departures instead of arrivals you will be close enough to trigger the countdown and can collect the 3.75, then drive back to the lot and be 1st in queue.

Uberest

Probably there are different queues even within the same class. No way Uber just keeps it simple, when they can “optimize”.