• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport Queue now has a limit?

Jim M

Sitting at the airport this afternoon I noticed the app showing a message that the queue for X is full!! Anybody know anything about this new "feature"?

Michael - Cleveland

It appears that when the lot reaches around 50 cars online (in the the queue) it now says "full".

I doubt it really means full, but rather is a message from Uber to drivers saying:
"Really, THIS iswhat you think is your best choice for getting a ride? Go somewhere else, please!"

pizzaladee

Wow! I’ve seen other people post about it in other cities, never thought we would see it here. Wonder if it will still direct you to “head to waiting lot” even if it’s full?

czervik7

My app always says, “More opportunities than usual.” Then it flashes every few minutes to distract you from driving. Of course going offline is a fun process, too.

Yep, Uber cares about our safety. At least that’s what they keep telling us is our number one concern.

nouberipo

It appears that when the lot reaches around 50 cars online (in the the queue) it now says "full".

I doubt it really means full, but rather is a message from Uber to drivers saying:
"Really, THIS iswhat you think is your best choice for getting a ride? Go somewhere else, please!"
the problem is that IS the best chance for many people. when i rarely drive now I hope to make 6.00 per hour, before expenses, and that is driving on weekends when there is rider demand.
Post automatically merged:

I saw the lot full message today. A minute later it said 31-35. Maybe above 35 is now considered full?
And why do drivers believe what Uber states? Haven't you had enough of the constant lies (yes they are lies) from them that to take anything they write or say as fact is just like believing the man who has lied over 10,000 documented times over the past 2.5 years in the white house. I have learned to ignore him as well as anything Uber/Lyft write or say as it is wasted time. As the Italian proverb states "When a man deceives me once, it is his fault; when twice, it is mine" The same goes for companies who are run by people to which I have no moral or ethical commonalities with.

Last edited:

pizzaladee

On an airport related note... has anyone had the issue where the airport shows a certain surge amount, yet the waiting lot is less?

A recent example: in the waiting lot I got $8.50 but the airport itself showed $11.

I went to the GLH today and asked about it. She had no explanation for it and asked me to send her the picture so she could forward it along and get an answer.

Why show a larger surge amount if it can’t be attained? I’ve even driven through the airport property to see if I can pick up the larger amount. Usually it’s only .75-$1 difference, but the bigger surges have a bigger difference.

I had several things to address with the GLH. I was actually impressed by them. Perhaps I just caught them on a good day, but the person I got spent a lot of time with me trying to help me out. I didn’t have to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen.

Michael - Cleveland

On an airport related note... has anyone had the issue where the airport shows a certain surge amount, yet the waiting lot is less?
You are [supposed] to get the tag/surge that is evident where the RIDER is located... not where you are located.

the problem is that IS the best chance for many people. when i rarely drive now I hope to make 6.00 per hour, before expenses, and that is driving on weekends when there is rider demand.
I can't think of ANY scenario where the airport is the 'best chance to get a ride' when there are 50 cars online in the queue and another 25 waiting for a surge before going online. (well, maybe if there are 20 flights arriving in the next hour).

If all you hope is to make $6/hr then you should be thrilled driving 3 miles north to Kamm's Corner and waiting there.
Or 3 miles west and waiting by the hotels and mall at Great Northern.
Or 3 miles northeast waiting by the apartments, bars, clubs, and condos near W117th & Clifton.

(personally, if my hope and goal was only $6/hr, I'd be the guy at the bottom of the W150th ramp off I-71 N with the cardboard sign.
I might even get a squeegee.)

Last edited:

pizzaladee

You are [supposed] to get the tag/surge that is evident where the RIDER is located... not where you are located.

I can't think of ANY scenario where the airport is the 'best chance to get a ride' when there are 50 cars online in the queue and another 25 waiting for a surge before going online. (well, maybe if there are 20 flights arriving in the next hour).

If all you hope is to make $6/hr then you should be thrilled driving 3 miles north to Kamm's Corner and waiting there.
Or 3 miles west and waiting by the hotels and mall at Great Northern.
Or 3 miles northeast waiting by the apartments, bars, clubs, and condos near W117th & Clifton.

(personally, if my hope and goal was only $6/hr, I'd be the guy at the bottom of the W150th ramp off I-71 N with the cardboard sign.
I might even get a squeegee.)
Here’s my example. I’m in the lot. I have $8.50. The airport shows $10 & $11. There is no way to get that amount, even by driving through the airport property.
A2E862D2-C966-4D8B-835A-420FF0D754CD.png

It used to be that the rideshare lot surge amount matched the airport. It seems the last few months that is not the case.

Last edited:

Michael - Cleveland

Here’s my example. I’m in the lot. I have $8.50. The airport shows $10 & $11. There is no way to get that amount, even by driving through the airport property. View attachment 339710

It used to be that the rideshare lot surge amount matched the airport. It seems the last few months that is not the case.
You don't have to 'get it'... if a rider requests a ride from within that area, you [are supposed to] automatically get that amount. The text on my [Android] screen says "you will earn at least $xx.xx bonus on your next ride".

pizzaladee

I understand the basics of it. It used to be that the airport and the waiting lot surged at the same amount. You had to go to the waiting lot to get the airport surge price, which in the past few months they’ve changed to only be active at the airport. The waiting lot surge no longer matches the airport surge, and there is no way to get the higher surge amount. The pax is calling from that area but you still get the lower waiting lot amount.

Now if it’s surging I can get within .75 of the waiting lot amount by just driving nearby and not having to go into the lot. It used to be a lot higher in the lot than on brookpark road but now it’s under $1 difference usually.

My whole point is that they’re showing a higher surge at the airport, the pax is calling from the airport, I’m getting a lower amount from the waiting lot. It didn’t used to be that way. The GLH has no explanation as to why the amounts didn’t match at the lot and the airport as it should.

simbaa

I noticed a dude in an old, rusted up van with Uber and Lyft stickers covering the entire thing. Probably covering all the body damage. He must've sent a fake picture to the companies of his vehicle because there is no way they'd allow a jacked up vehicle like that.

Michael - Cleveland

I noticed a dude in an old, rusted up van with Uber and Lyft stickers covering the entire thing. Probably covering all the body damage. He must've sent a fake picture to the companies of his vehicle because there is no way they'd allow a jacked up vehicle like that.
you are assuming they really care (before a rider complains)

simbaa

you are assuming they really care (before a rider complains)
They probably don't. Sort of like that guy doesn't care about his appearance either. Hell, half the bozos I see waiting in the airport lot I would not get in the car with. Most of them are chain smokers, so you know their inferior vehicles reek of cigarette smoke. They dress like bums. Many are morbidly obese. F that.

I was at the lot recently and what I saw was quite disturbing. People were urinating next to their cars. Another group of men appeared to be making out. The lot was overcrowded but the app only said 1-5 drivers ahead. There were other cars at the back of the lot with no lights on and the windows were all fogged up. I got a trip and high tailed it out of there.

pizzaladee

I was at the lot recently and what I saw was quite disturbing. People were urinating next to their cars. Another group of men appeared to be making out. The lot was overcrowded but the app only said 1-5 drivers ahead. There were other cars at the back of the lot with no lights on and the windows were all fogged up. I got a trip and high tailed it out of there.
Good god! I’m only at the lot at night when the queue is super low and it’s pitch black outside. I don’t get to witness such craziness. Not that I’m complaining.

Michael - Cleveland

you could be 100% right. Then again, I'v never had a problem with the people in the lot - maybe I'm blind to it - or maybe you could be 90% over-reacting and imagining things, too. hehe

simbaa

you could be 100% right. Then again, I'v never had a problem with the people in the lot - maybe I'm blind to it - or maybe you could be 90% over-reacting and imagining things, too. hehe
He's not wrong. A buddy of mine is a Cleveland cop. They are cracking down on prostitution a lot lately and he says that prostitutes servicing men in that lot is becoming a problem. I've seen these things too.

Last edited by a moderator:

nouberipo

Here’s my example. I’m in the lot. I have $8.50. The airport shows $10 & $11. There is no way to get that amount, even by driving through the airport property. View attachment 339710

Its called lying. That happens in downtown too. No matter how close you get to the fake dollar amount it will always be a dollar or two lower and not budge. Again, Uber has NO problem with lying to everyone as we all know and this just falls into the culture that Uber has created and maintains. It should be illegal but as we know, Uber is above the law and has enough money and lobbyists to buy off any and all regulators who may suggest they have to follow the laws.