Airport Prime Time

fairsailing

Airport Prime Time often does not show for drivers, only for riders as they request a Lyft. Sometimes"rider" Prime Time will come and go without drivers ever being notified in driver mode. Sometimes the driver Prime Time notice does appear, but many minutes after riders start seeing it. Not sure if the rider only Prime Time is real or not. But it strikes me as strange that Lyft would raise the order bar higher for riders without an attempt to bring in more cars. This happened today for example when closest cars were listed as 15 minutes away but a driver viewable Prime Time never appeared and rider only Prime Time was at 100% or 150%. Anyone else seeing this at their airports? (We don't have a FIFO process at our airport yet.)

litelyfter

Happens all the time. I'll switch from Driver mode to Rider, drop a pin near me in a busy downtown area, hit "set pickup", it will show 25, 50, 100 percent, whatever. I'll then switch back to Driver...no pink. I'll do this over the course of several minutes, same thing. This is weird, you'd think it would be the other way around.

Hunter420

Right!!!!! I know.....they make it so confusing with their little box surges, seems I always end up between all non surges during requests too. Ill be in a 300+ surge area, and get the non surge a few miles away, always... Its really confusing. Is their any way too see the surge amount as its being requested?

fairsailing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...This is weird, you'd think it would be the other way around.
Exactly. This just doesn't seem in Lyft's best interest. I wonder if their algorithm is running some kind of price/demand test process on the rider side before bringing in more cars by notifying drivers. Presumable the first car to validate the demand by getting the PT order would never have seen the PT on the driver side. I know this has happened to me, but not very often.

macchiato

With Lyft's system not doing a pickup radius, I don't understand why they wouldn't show PT. I think I would be more likely to accept a ping if it was further away than my normal pickup threshold and knew if it had a PT rate attached to it.

Aztek98

It's the same thing with uber. There is a delay between rider and driver. I have had many Lyft random prime times that took me by surprise after I dropped pax off.