Airport pickups

Ubergirl07

I am just curious about how airport pick ups at the sunport work for you?
I have had maybe two or three but it's usually on the weekends when I am the closest to a ping. How does it work for you on the weekdays and is it worth waiting there in the daytime?
Thanks!

raquela2020

You wait in the cell phone waiting area. It's a first in, first out queue. I get called to the airport all the time without doing that. It really is just like any other ride request: They might just go close by, to UNM, or even to Santa Fe. You never, ever know!

roma1358

I've gotten a few pings at the airport just by driving by on the freeway or a side street near the area. I've yet to wait in the cell phone waiting area, but am considering giving it a try. For those that do, is it worth the waiting?

Dmixx

So. This is my first week with uber.
I have to be honest, working the airport can be annoying. There are usually so many uber drivers there at once, you can make just as much money on other trips. However I will say I've had success there as well even with 6 other uber drivers. As someone mentioned earlier there is no telling how close or far airport trips are. I've had 1 dollar trips and 28 dollar trips.
My best advice is to not be picky and as soon as that ping goes off accept it.
If your absolutely determined to work the airport, my tip would be to go to the albuquerque sunport website and look at what times the airplanes are arriving. If it's 1pm and the next flight isn't till 1:45 take trips around the airport till that time. Sitting there for 45 min waiting on a baggage claim ping is a waste of your time and you're missing out on more money. Imo.
Sundays are the busiest time I've gotten airport pickups.

I am just curious about how airport pick ups at the sunport work for you?
I have had maybe two or three but it's usually on the weekends when I am the closest to a ping. How does it work for you on the weekdays and is it worth waiting there in the daytime?
Thanks!
Airport is not worth it, apparently they have an agreement with the city. There is NEVER surge pricing with any airport fares. Even if you get the Santa Fe drop, you will only make between $45-$50 dollars for that fare, after you account for Gas and Wear and tear you drop down to only about $25 and that's a 2 hour Trip 1 way to SF and 1 way back. Remember the drive back and the gas are all on your dime, Uber does nothing for the driver in that situation, in fact Uber makes more on their take then the driver does. I'll drop off at the airport but I try not to accept any from the airport anymore, if you want to make money be sure to Log off and wait in areas that surge. You'll make a higher percentage of money with less wear and tear and less gas.